Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Bad Day for my Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Day for my Evo X

I'm really not in a great mood today. I was driving from Parsippany to Jersey City on route 280 East. I hit this huge pot hole with both driver side wheels. The lip on both wheels is a bent and now the balance is off. My steering shakes as well as the chassis everytime I drive at cruising speed. That was my first issue. Then on the way back, I decide to take route 3 to route 46 to route 80 west to avoid the potholes on route 280. A tractor trailer in front spit up a rock and chipped/cracked my windshield. This all happened in a matter of one trip. I'm really upset. My car just smacked the 3,000 mile mark too. I need some references on where to get my windshield repaired (not replaced) while the chip is still minimal and has not spread or enlarged. This means I will probably need to get it fixed by Monday night. I would also like to get my wheels bent back into shape because the vibration just annoys me and its only been 25 miles since I hit the pothole. Any places in mind to have the windshield fixed and wheels repaired in Northern New Jersey? Your help is appreciated.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks, sorry to hear this, hope you get it fixed soon
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:02 AM
Evolving Member

Call safelite about the chipped windshield. They have some kind of fill for chips. They can even come to you to do it.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

I could fix your rims if you were in utah, but for that just ask your tire shops they should be able to help. sorry for the the bad luck man
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

For the wheels, contact Wheel Collision. They have repaired multiple wheels for my shop, and they do a nice job. They are located in Bath, PA. They generally will come to you to pick up the wheels, and deliver them when they are done. I don't if they would come to North Jersey, but I'm sure it would be worth a call.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/

Good luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Your input is appreciated. Ill make some phone calls.