Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Trip to Mitsu dealer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2003 | 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Trip to Mitsu dealer

Hey all,

First, I went to the Mitsu (Boch in Norwood, MA) dealer to pick up some oil filters. I was happy that they still have the MD part number, so I got 5 of em with gaskets for ~$6/per.

There was also a nice silver EVO (like mine heh) with aftermarket wheels. I wanted to find the owner to ask about em, but didn't.

My wife has a WRX, and the Subaru dealer is right next door so I stopped there to get her a filter. This is the dealer where I was going to get my STi if I went that route, and back in July I would have had to wait a month for one at MSRP with no choice in color or options, since the rest were pre-ordered and spoken for.

Anyway, I pull in and there are at least 12 STis in the lot! It was wild to see. I've also seen about 4 or 5 Sti driving around, but only the single EVo at the dealer. Are the STIs not selling well? I've seen posts of lots of EVOs on the lots as well, I didn't see that many at Boch.

Thoughts?

FB
Old Oct 11, 2003 | 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

i think each car sells just about as well as the dealer's willingness to do business.. and by business i mean MSRP or lower

there was talk about a mitsubishi dealer with 10 or so EVOs, and they still had markup (still.. yess, this is recent)

its silly.
Old Oct 11, 2003 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

berkel, did you see the sliver evo on friday or sat? if you saw it on friday, that'll be my car, I had it serviced and hadthe brake rotors resurfaced. Did the evo had the JDM EVOUTION badge on the back and did it have red Evo VII tails? if so, that's my evo. and what questions do you have?
Old Oct 11, 2003 | 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

12 STI's? Huh, good. I might stop by and see if I can get a test drive.
Old Oct 11, 2003 | 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

ha..ha..ha...He said, Test drive. If you already have an Evo, why bother. I've drivin several and was'nt impressed.
Old Oct 12, 2003 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Hey fellas,

YY, it was Sat so it wasn't yours. This one had the regular EVO8 tails too. I'm just trying to figure out what wheels to get for the winter. However, due to budget constraints (baby on the way ), I'm leaning towards ordering 4 tires and having them mounted on my stock wheels. Maybe I can swing 4 wheels with high perf tires next year.

May as well drive an STi if you get a chance. The STI motor is diff, nice pull and feels like a V6 or something. You don't get a turbo
"kick" though. I don't think the interior feels "better" than the EVO, although I like the gauges much better (easier to read). The STi does feel better than our WRX in terms of quality. The EVO transient response is much better. The STi is quicker steering than our WRX (almost every car is ), but still not close to the EVO.

Take care,

FB
Old Oct 12, 2003 | 09:11 AM

Yea i agree.. the evolution has this pause then boom that turbo kicks in( i love that feeling)..On the sti it just feels so smoothe of a powerband no a raw kick in like the evolution..Hope that made some sense..
Old Oct 12, 2003 | 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Don't get me wrong, the STi is a nice car but the Evo is more driver friendly, it's tighter. The STi steering feels sloppy campared to the Evo. That and I can't seem to get passed the wing on the STi. When your at highway speeds you canlook in the rear view and see the middle of it flapin in the breeze. I'm not an expert, it's just my take on it.