Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Import DPS Double Header : Honda Day & Evo/Sti Showdown : Come follow me!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009 | 04:33 PM
Account Disabled

Import DPS Double Header : Honda Day & Evo/Sti Showdown : Come follow me!!

Some of you guys might know me, but for those that don't I am Rick with Import DPS. I like showing people behind the scenes pictures of what we do all day because I think most kids think this is all fun and games. While it is fun and I do mean tons of fun, we still work really hard. So come follow me Today, Tomorrow and Sunday as I bring you some behind the scenes pictures and info on Team Import DPS doing its thing as we hit two of the biggest events this summer.

Little insight real quick too. We were planning on Honda Day all along, I mean its our niche market. However, I am one of the biggest Evo and Sti fans out and those customers on Evom and Nasioc love me. So when our good friend Javy Ortega (guy that does the events) asked if I wanted to keep my same space for Sunday's event, I said yes in a good 2 seconds. This is going to be killer for us, but so worthwhile because we get to spend time with all our customers, friends and other enthusiasts and just enjoy the atmosphere. To me this is like going to a Eagles Game and just feeling the Energy for kickoff.

So without wasting more time..

FRIDAY, AUGUST 14TH... 630PM @ IMPORTDPS
I was sorting out the parts and making the spreadsheets for the parts we were taking all day. Javy Ortiz (Owner of Import DPS) was doing the final checks for the tickets, booth spots and making sure we were all set today. Angel, my right hand man, sales rep, little cousin you get the drift was working at his normal job today, but he showed up around 430ish. By this time Junior and Jose were working on the AC in the truck. They wanted to make sure I was as comfortable as possible in it, since I hate driving it. However, somebody has to do it and after all, I am the face of the shop so I gotta do it.

Here are some pics of what we are taking. Big thanks to Jose, Hugo, Junior, Loco, Julian, Mach aka Angel, Julio, Alexis, Manny and Javy for pitching in to carry these boxes.

Next, lets pack the wheels. Big shout out to Auggie @ Drag Wheels. He promised they would be here in time and they showed up at 1:15PM Today!!

7:30PM, August 14th...
One final check for the Freebies and I am outta here. Special thanks to Sean @ P2R, Robert @ Golden Eagle and the VP Race Fuel Family. The donations were small, but heck at least somebody is going to get a Free Shirt!!

Old Aug 14, 2009 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

i may be a little slow but is this a daily blog of what you guys do or are you inviting us to a honda/scooby/evo day?
Old Aug 14, 2009 | 06:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dek0026
i may be a little slow but is this a daily blog of what you guys do or are you inviting us to a honda/scooby/evo day?

Just showing you the behind the scenes sorta blog on what really goes down when the vendors go to these events. We dont just show up ya know haha..

Add this to the blog...

9:05PM August 14th, 2009

Just got home and ate my dinner. My Wife (of 6 days haha) had my plate ready and some clothes ready for me. Going to take a shower then head off to Senior's(my dad) to watch some Friday night fights. I consider this part the calm before the storm. Won't be a late night for me, so no Corona's tonight. Were leaving at 6AM to Englishtown Raceway. The vendors have to be there by 7 to setup that way when the gates open you guys aren't walking in a bunch of mess.

This is the last update for the night!! Going to go watch some boxing, get some sleep and get ready to meet some of you guys over the weekend. I'll be posting up in the morning when we hit the road.

Rick
Import DPS
Old Aug 16, 2009 | 05:02 AM
Account Disabled

7:50am from my iphone

Day 2 is underway. I am in transit back to the track. Exhausted but this will be so much fun. Looking forward to seeing all you guys.

Rick
Old Aug 21, 2009 | 08:15 PM
chu
Evolved Member

For you Rick, sorry for the delay