Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Rhode Island Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhode Island Dealers?

First post on this forum, hello everyone.

I currently have a 2008 VW R32 which I will be getting rid of this winter. I am undecided as to what to get next but a Evo X is very near the top of the list.

I would like to test drive a X MR but I cannot figure out what is going on with the local dealers. East Providence Mitsubishi's web site now links directly to King Richards. Does this mean EP Mitsu is no longer? I would just drive by there and check things out but the last thing I want to do at 430 after work is to combat with 195 traffic just for a drive-by.

Thanks for any input. This looks like an interesting community.

-Kyle
member-PCA, SCCA, BMWCCA, ACNA
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Not really sure about RI, but theres a bunch in MA and it would be a short drive on a sunday afternoon. GL
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an excellent experience with Walpole Mitsubishi's Sales.

They gave me my asking price - and i drove home with it that day. unlike the other dealers who kept trying to wheel and deal, and give me the run-around. That got old pretty quick... it was amazing that Walpole didn't give me a hard time.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:42 PM

Thanks guys.

I am worried about getting the car serviced too. I don't want to have to drive an hour to get a basic service done. Of course this isn't an issue if I go with an Evo 8/9 because the warranty won't be affected by going to an independent. It kinda sucks though that I may not be able to get a X because of lack of dealer support in my area.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

EP Mitsu is still currently in business. I can also tell you that they have no Xs on the lot. However, should you find one somewhere if they can't get you one, one thing EP does have going for it is their service department. I know them on a personal level, and as well as a business level. Their parts department however, well right now blows.,,since I left. Who knows though, by next week that could change (hopefully).

As for Walpole, last I knew, and this was only few weeks ago, they only had a couple base GSRs with the aero package, if that.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Spins4
EP Mitsu is still currently in business. I can also tell you that they have no Xs on the lot. However, should you fina one somewhere if they can't get you one, one thing EP does have going for it is their service department. I know them on a personal level, and as well as a business level. Their parts department however, well right now blows.,,since I left. Who knows though, by next week that could change (hopefully).

As for Walpole, last I knew, and this was only few weeks ago, they only had a couple base GSRs with the aero package, if that.
Thanks for the input. I feel much better shopping around for one now that I know that I can get it serviced.

I really want a GSR with the SSS package, however I want to test drive an MR with the SST because it will be more of a apples to apples comparison with my R32.

Do you know why the website is all screwy? As an outsider, it looks very fishy.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kraeburn
Thanks for the input. I feel much better shopping around for one now that I know that I can get it serviced.

I really want a GSR with the SSS package, however I want to test drive an MR with the SST because it will be more of a apples to apples comparison with my R32.

Do you know why the website is all screwy? As an outsider, it looks very fishy.
Good luck trying to find a GSR with SSS without going further than Mass. I pretty much bought, as far as I know, the last GSR with the SSS package in the radius. I bought Courtesy Mitsus last one (Octane Blue, 21 miles, SSS, aero, interior aport package, oem rainguards). They tried to do a dealer trade for me with Walpole, but when my salesman, who I happened to work with in the past, saw that all Walpole had was a silver and a red, neither with SSS, but with aero kit, and thats about it. Needless to say the trade did not happen, and I kinda fell for the blue (and I'm not a blue person), and took that one. No regrets by no means.

If you want WW, its not going to happen, unless you buy new. Any other color, your best bet would be to hit up South Coast Mitsu. When I was looking to get mine, I had talked with them, but in the end stayed local. One thing I do know, is they have every posible option/color...again..except WW.

Oh and as for their website, they must be having some kind of issue. That whole King Richards thing is his used car lot/ King Richards Isuzu, he also owns EP Mitrsu.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:49 AM

Exactly the info I was looking for, thank you very much for the input.

I will start calling around and see what I come up with. I will be in Boston this weekend so I may swing by one of the dealers in that area to take a look.

It does suck how Mitsubishi optioned out these cars, there is no way I am getting another DSG/SST car next, nor will I get a base GSR, so I am in a bit of a bind to find what I am looking for.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

There's also Central Mitsubishi @ Raynham, MA. Try to give them a call and see what they've.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Exactly the info I was looking for, thank you very much for the input.

I will start calling around and see what I come up with. I will be in Boston this weekend so I may swing by one of the dealers in that area to take a look.

It does suck how Mitsubishi optioned out these cars, there is no way I am getting another DSG/SST car next, nor will I get a base GSR, so I am in a bit of a bind to find what I am looking for.
No problem at all, and good luck on your search
Old Sep 18, 2009, 02:18 PM

I just thought that I would update this thread with good news!

I have a deposit on and am finalizing the paperwork on a RR Evo X. I ended up finding a great deal through ebaymotors and will be traveling out to Rochester NY to pick it up next weekend.

I'll take some pics as soon as I pick it up. It is a GSR with every option available and a number of dealer options as well. Exactly what I wanted--essentially an MR minus the SST transmission.

With that said, I am now the newest member of the evo community in the NE region!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

I just thought that I would update this thread with good news!

I have a deposit on and am finalizing the paperwork on a RR Evo X. I ended up finding a great deal through ebaymotors and will be traveling out to Rochester NY to pick it up next weekend.

I'll take some pics as soon as I pick it up. It is a GSR with every option available and a number of dealer options as well. Exactly what I wanted--essentially an MR minus the SST transmission.

With that said, I am now the newest member of the evo community in the NE region!
Congrats man! Glad to hear it.