Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

anyone ever beat a loud exhaust ticket in NJ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tarmac4g63
my friend got an exhaust ticket and had his girlfriend's dad who owns a repair shop write a letter saying that it was inspected and the exhaust is in perfect working order and took that to court and they dropped the ticket.
thats exactly what im doing..

i still have the tickets.. just went to court today and they scheduled me for another court appearance..
Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

I got pulled over for a "loud" exhaust almost a year ago. It was obvious the cop was just looking for any little thing to bust me on. He sees a young male driving a nice car, and they wanna just run your plates and your license and see if they can get "lucky" and possibly bust you for something big. They know you did nothing wrong. I just chalk it up as a "hidden cost" of owning an EVO. The funny thing is when I paid the ticket online, the actual citation was for something totally different.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just another heads up talked to a lawer today. and the statue states the it has to be excessive or unusual and annoying smoke.. so per statue 39:3-70 if ur exhaust is just loud and not smoking they cant give u that ticket.. there is no such thing as a ticket for just loud exhaust as per the state of nj.. and thats coming from my lawer who was a nj prosecuter before he started his own law firm..
Old Dec 4, 2009, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

too bad this wasn't in PA. COps need to setup a test specifically for measuring an exhausts dB and they have to be trained and certified to operate the equipment. the law is pretty clear about its. I was pulled over a little while ago cause some dumb cop said my exahust was too loud and the only reason "us kids" (i'm 30 btw) do this is to annoy the public. the guy was a real fu(king di(k, treated me like I was a career criminal. Needless to say, I destroyed his dumb *** in court and the case was thrown out. What a fu(king waste of our courts time and tax payers money.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ak47po
I will say it again,why don't they give Harley's with strait pipes exhaust tickets?Ask the judge this question.
i did and the judge told me they follow different rules
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06ravenmr
thats exactly what im doing..

i still have the tickets.. just went to court today and they scheduled me for another court appearance..
the hole db thing does that mean will u are moving or siting still that they can be 95 db