Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Pruven Performance- a Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2003, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 2fast2Furious
**** let them sell it, then report is missing :-) good stuff. I can see Al needs to hit the books a little if he is there tooner and lier I mean Laywer

Pretty basic!!! It's a mechanic's lien. Nuff said.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PostDarwin, please post appropiate copies of the receipt and all to show the reasoning behind urself. I havent seen anything yet. All these are were words. A picture is worth MORE than a thousand words.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

I was at E-town on Sunday watching. Did not see any Evo run better then 13s.

Eric
I was there also. There was one yellow Evo ( with Pruven stickers ) running in the I-SO class.
That was the 12.00 - 12.99 class.
He made it to the second round of elims before losing, if I remember right.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mikesevo8

I was there also. There was one yellow Evo ( with Pruven stickers ) running in the I-SO class.
That was the 12.00 - 12.99 class.
He made it to the second round of elims before losing, if I remember right.
I saw him. Nice car but I only saw him run 13.04@108. Had the power just not runing good times. I understand the EVO is tough to lunch.

Eric
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Cobb - regarding your personal allegations about me - I deny each and every one of them. Please do continue your irrational posting of false allegations about me.

I do not care what you post or what you say and I won't gratify your miserable and pathetic lies with a response.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

any contract over the value of $500 must be in writing to hold up in court.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

I saw him. Nice car but I only saw him run 13.04@108. Had the power just not runing good times. I understand the EVO is tough to lunch.

Eric
Yea, I wasn't paying that much attention. When the I-SO cars were running I was not in the stands. I was otherwise occupied.
I still don't know if that was STI Killer. I met a lot of people Sat. and can't really remember who was who.

Hard to launch ??? Not if you are willing to put your clutch in harms way.
There was another yellow Evo running in I-SS. The driver of that bone stock car, i forget who he was ,
wasn't going to risk his clutch so he just rolled out of the lights like your typical granny then mashed it.
It explains the mid 15 times and the 2.5 sec 60'. Was still going 95+ at the top end. Boy, when the snail kicks in
that puppy can just fly.

Sorry to go off topic.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 4Gaijin63
any contract over the value of $500 must be in writing to hold up in court.
Only if it's a "sale of goods". This is a personal services contract and oral is fine...
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mikesevo8

Yea, I wasn't paying that much attention. When the I-SO cars were running I was not in the stands. I was otherwise occupied.
I still don't know if that was STI Killer. I met a lot of people Sat. and can't really remember who was who.

Hard to launch ??? Not if you are willing to put your clutch in harms way.
There was another yellow Evo running in I-SS. The driver of that bone stock car, i forget who he was ,
wasn't going to risk his clutch so he just rolled out of the lights like your typical granny then mashed it.
It explains the mid 15 times and the 2.5 sec 60'. Was still going 95+ at the top end. Boy, when the snail kicks in
that puppy can just fly.

Sorry to go off topic.
Yep that's why I don't drag my Evo. Not worth it to me. But I'm inching to see what I can do.

Eric
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

well, i got a sweet PM from Mr. Al... i guess from my comment on Pruven sucks for not calling anyone back or responding to my countless emails...

Here's the PM...

Sorry to report that today after you posted anti - pruven comments on the tri-state message board I have made decision that I will not work on your car

I have gone out of my way to accomidate you by trying to fit you into the dyno day and answering all your questions - i don't know where you are comming from but its not someplace i need to be

Best of luck

that's ok though... there's more than 1 guy into tuning the EVO...
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evoroks23
This is a hypotethical question for you Mr. Disel: What if YOU owned a shop that spent several weeks installing a custom turbo kit - supplied by the customer - at the customer's request which was missing parts and had defective parts which needed to be replaced; fabricating pipes; making brackets for the turbo; installing custom fenders in the car; making exhuast pipes; correcting problems with missing parts and parts that were broken. Spending hours after hours of dyno and diagnostic time to discover the reasons why the customer supplied turbo kit was not working. What it after all that effort you dicovered that a "black box" supplied by the turbo kit manufacturer was defective and you had to install a different device. What if after all of that work the kit fit perfectly - worked 100% perfectly and put out the right amount of power and then you find out that the customer refuses to pay for the time spent to do what he asked you to do.

The guy asserts many of the problems with his "kit" in this post:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=84087

What if YOU were the one who had to follow up an all the missing parts and try and put the kit together from a box with missing parts and no directions.

What would you do if after working so hard on the guy's car to make everything perfect he told he he didn't have to pay for the job becuase he was a powerful lawyer ???

Would you give the guy his car for free - eat a loss - and then send him a nice letter asking him to pay you for the job?

What would you do in that situation ? What is YOUR advice?
the customer should have been involved every step of the way... you DO NOT go and dump all that time and money into putting someone else's car together and not let the person know what it is going to cost...

the guy was originally quoted $1100...? and now his bill (that pops outta the air) is over $8000...?

yeah, right...
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Diesel
well, i got a sweet PM from Mr. Al... i guess from my comment on Pruven sucks for not calling anyone back or responding to my countless emails...

Here's the PM...

that's ok though... there's more than 1 guy into tuning the EVO...
Wow, I've never seen such reverse thinking in business practices in my life. Who the hell has every heard of a reputable business punishing dissatisfied customers instead of trying to win them back. Maybe a few million more a year in revenue and they'll have the same customer service business sense that most large companies have. Whether it was or wasn't valid, you don't get a good rep that way. Especially in a business with such a narrow cult following.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

From the information provided the only thing I don't understand is why work was done on the car beyond the cost in the verbal agreement without notifying the owner. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's the one thing that strikes me. I could see the fabrication and replacement parts becoming expensive, but I can't see why Pruven would move without consent.

Feel free to inform/correct, but it seems to me like info is missing from one or both sides to fill in a few of the gaps.

postdarwin, have you tried contacting Cybernation or taking legal action against them to cover the burden of any or all of the extra cost? Clearly if they'd provided you a complete kit Pruven would not have needed to do a lot of the work they did and you wouldn't have needed to rent a car for so long.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
From the information provided the only thing I don't understand is why work was done on the car beyond the cost in the verbal agreement without notifying the owner. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's the one thing that strikes me. I could see the fabrication and replacement parts becoming expensive, but I can't see why Pruven would move without consent.
that's my point as well... you do not put that kinda time into someone's car without getting consent... maybe they had that, but we may never know...
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with diesel and Hobies viewpoints. However, I think Jeff shouldve disclose the problem with the turbo kit to pruven to get a better estimate, prior to any work. As posted in ClubRSX forums, Jeff ranted on all the problems with teh cybernation kit.

Quick Reply: Pruven Performance- a Horror Story