Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Pruven Performance- a Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by evo_dan

If that is indeed true and it was my car, I'd sneak in, torch it and then they could kiss my but I don't recomend that as I'm just a vindictive little SOB.

Disclaimer: It is not my intention by the above comment to take sides, point fingers, or lay blaim on any individual or company involved as there is always two sides to the story.
First of all - I never said that to the guy - he must be halucinating - a straight out liar

Second - as a big shot lawyer who says he charges $450.00 an hour he sould realize that I - acting at the time as the lawyer for Pruven - don't make the decisions on whether or not to accept the so called "offers" - I am sure any lawyer knows it is the client's decision to accept or reject the "offer" of settlement - if Pruven did not want to do all the weeks of work for free and take a loss - I guess thats up to them!

This guy's first recation was to run off half cocked and make a post against CyberNation on the RSX forum - now he admits he was "wrong" to do that - now he is posting against Pruven and from what I have been told - he has never ever SEEN the work that was done with his own eyes OR driven his car to see how it works

maybe when he finds out all the facts he will decide that this post was a mistake also and that someone else was to blame?

The reality is this massive idiot knows little or nothing about cars or turbos and does not have any proof of his false claims

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Nov 4, 2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by simevo
WOW....$8000 to install a turbo? Does that include a new engine and a tranny? I'm pretty sure the turbo kit cost around $4000. So it would cost $12000 to put a turbo in a RSX which retails for about $25000.
$25000 + $12000 = Really fast Evo!
What the guy neglected to tell you all was that the job included installing some ridiculous flaming ricer fenders with holes; a stupid F & F look at me hood; power coating all the pipes to match his car; putting beads on all the pipes; fabricating a turbo stay bracket; and a whole bunch of other work totally unrealted to the actual turbo kit install

Not to mention the fact that the CyberNation kit illegally did not include a cat so Pruven had to fabicate an entire new cat equiped downpipe with mounting brackets which took almost an entire day of work and several hundred in stainess bends and hardwear - - Does this guy really think he can stick some hard working vendor with all the extra costs and expenses of his turbo installation becuase the CUSTOMER bought a turbo kit without the proper parts???

WHO should have to pay to correct these issues with the CUSTOMER choosen and supplied turbo kit ???

maybe he should post up some documents or other proof of his claims ????????

I just dont understand how he can flame Cybernation first - blame them for all his troubles and then turn around and change his story 100% after trashing the other vendor ??

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Nov 4, 2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by simevo
WOW....$8000 to install a turbo? Does that include a new engine and a tranny?
Yeah, why it that price so high? I took my car to have done in a performance shop and they worked on it for 3 months. The engine was rebuilt, new pistons, balanced, port and polish, the turbo was rebuilt and upgraded with larger turbines and bearing kit from japan, intercooler installed, custom piping, custom exhaust system built and installed, performance clutch, new brake pades, new brake master cylinder, new tires, all for $5500 CANADIAN! This also included a free tuning session for after the car was broken in. I know I got a good deal, but still, I'm having a hard time with that 8K number.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Disregard my above question as you answered while I was typing it out.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo_dan

Yeah, why it that price so high? I took my car to have done in a performance shop and they worked on it for 3 months. The engine was rebuilt, new pistons, balanced, port and polish, the turbo was rebuilt and upgraded with larger turbines and bearing kit from japan, intercooler installed, custom piping, custom exhaust system built and installed, performance clutch, new brake pades, new brake master cylinder, new tires, all for $5500 CANADIAN! This also included a free tuning session for after the car was broken in. I know I got a good deal, but still, I'm having a hard time with that 8K number.
Hoplefully this liar will post up his itemized invoiced he recieved so everyone can see what exactly he was charged for

Did I mention the two days of time spent troubleshooting the car because the so called "black box" tuning device that was supllied with the kit was defective ?? In order to reach that determination Pruven needed to go through all the cars diagnostic systems and test each and every connection on the ecu and every wire
Old Nov 4, 2003, 04:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Due to concerns of some staff (myself included) and members, I'm closing this thread indefinitely.