Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Problems @ Pruven

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the mods should start looking into this as it appears that we have some people who are a little over zealous in their defense of a shop that they claim to have no official affiliation with........
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
They won't as Pruven is not a vendor here (Thank God). Only thing that shop has Pruven is to never let them touch my car. As has been stated in many threads about shoody shops.

"I wouldn't let them or their tooner within 50ft of my lawn mower"
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
They won't as Pruven is not a vendor here (Thank God). Only thing that shop has Pruven is to never let them touch my car. As has been stated in many threads about shoody shops.

"I wouldn't let them or their tooner within 50ft of my lawn mower"
Good you wont let them touch your car who cares. And yes there not a vendor on here either is all the other shops in ct. why dont you post the links to the other threads about pruven.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DuderMagee
Sounds like the mods should start looking into this as it appears that we have some people who are a little over zealous in their defense of a shop that they claim to have no official affiliation with........
Im just stating the facts that no one tells the truth about the situation
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by 9evolution
^^ I don't know sharkbite or pruven. I have seen many negative reviews for the shop though. Truth is that just because it happened 4yrs ago doesn't mean water under the bridge. the South is still pissed the north won the war, the middle east has been fighting over sh#t that has happened a thousand years ago. Scars run deep, I have seen Sharkbites video's I would be in the same boat. I would never let them off the hook for what they did 4yrs ago or 40yrs. Any opportunity that presents it self I would take advantage of letting everyone know my experience.
Not getting cars done in the right time frame is squarely on the shop management if you bit off more than you can chew you will choke. Timeframes and deadlines not met are a directly related to poor project management.
I could not have said it better myself^^^^^^^^^
A week over what was promised is acceptable in anyones book,but six months is certainly not.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bosco121
OOO little sharky shark bite. I am someone, im bosco121 and i drive a stock block 525whp evo IX. wow big deal. who are you besides some con artist that goes around telling everyone you invented blue tooth. Just leave it at this build you car and come to ct go to pruven ask about my car ask some of the shops customers about my car they will tell you where to find me, thennnnn lets get it on. hahaha ill even bring your buddy dan and we will record everything and put it on youtube cuz thats the cool thing to do. then everyone can know the truth.
There you have it in BOLD letters above. SO.......the only thing that pruven has done for you are simple bolt on's that can be done in 1 weekend in your own driveway 525 on an evo 9. Hell, we have one up here that has 6 bolt on's and was at 510 whp. Maybe,just maybe if you had more then just bolt-ons done buy them you would be singing an completly different tune.Just ask anyone who has had them do a "build" and you will hear the same reoccuring song.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by allinevo
There you have it in BOLD letters above. SO.......the only thing that pruven has done for you are simple bolt on's that can be done in 1 weekend in your own driveway 525 on an evo 9. Hell, we have one up here that has 6 bolt on's and was at 510 whp. Maybe,just maybe if you had more then just bolt-ons done buy them you would be singing an completly different tune.Just ask anyone who has had them do a "build" and you will hear the same reoccuring song.
car made 525whp for 3 years on a stock block. i didnt want people to know all about my car but anyways, Its a evo 9 with a little bit more than just bolt ons. car was dropped off there last year at the end of july for my build. What they did was pull the motor disassembly the longblock and sent it off to the machine shop for the works. 2.0 short block manley turbo tuff rods, pruven spec airais pistons, arp hardware, acl bearings. the head was swapped out with supertech valve, dual springs and retainers, along with a set of kelford 280/276 cams. they also completely rebuilt my transmission. the car was later finished the end of august. Car made 580whp on pump gas and 660 whp on c16. The car was built by pruven soup to nuts.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by DuderMagee

only one with an affiliation other than a customer is right here
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by purple92tsi
only one with an affiliation other than a customer is right here
hi bill!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Good you wont let them touch your car who cares. And yes there not a vendor on here either is all the other shops in ct. why dont you post the links to the other threads about pruven.
I care this community CARES and it's not just here. Quick google search will yield ya some horror stories from the Subi and DSM communities I'm sure.

Good Luck

Originally Posted by allinevo
agreed
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:17 PM

OOO little sharky shark bite. I am someone, im bosco121 and i drive a stock block 525whp evo IX. wow big deal. who are you besides some con artist that goes around telling everyone you invented blue tooth. Just leave it at this build you car and come to ct go to pruven ask about my car ask some of the shops customers about my car they will tell you where to find me, thennnnn lets get it on. hahaha ill even bring your buddy dan and we will record everything and put it on youtube cuz thats the cool thing to do. then everyone can know the truth.
hahahaha man the thread guy had a problem with that shop shark bite had a problem with that shop and others 2 so why are u so serious abt it !!

they are complainig abt having a bad EXPRIENCE and u are like the owner fo the SHOP

CMn maaan if u had the feeeling of the guy who wrote the thread it will SUX
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

And as for you mr. tazdevilxxi if you want for car done right and last then it takes some time. why dont you tell the evom community about the truth about you motor and your build. Did it blow due to someone sandblasting and powdercoating the valve cover and not cleaning it right. did the manley crank that you want to put in it take over 2 weeks because its was on backorder. what is the sense in bringing a shortblock to a machine shop without all the nesessary parts.
this is for you sir not anything toward pruven but ide like to show you where i get my parts and this is what the site says look at it and tell me what you think
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...ype=Crankshaft

this manley crank and many other parts required for my build would have been brought from this company , which stocks EVERYTHING for evos
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

id like to update everyone i picked up my car on sat night 8/28 and everything is great except for a few small thing that need to be worked out. i have no hard feeling toward anyone at pruven (even though very harsh words and propiganda were used from others), i just wanted my car back and with no other passion except driving your car most of you can understand where i am coming from.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

mods please lock
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
closed per op'd request