Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Evo/Lancer Drivers Against Drunk Driving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:33 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come on everyone lets gather this together the right way
Old Nov 24, 2003, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm.....thinking.....i think if we can take our time..and organize some kind of "drive" with a restaraunt sponsor of some sort...we can make some noise with this...also...if the whole newspaper thing sounds great....im also thinknig if this were a bit more organized and planned out well i could give my friend out in colorodo a call to come out and do a photoshoot/article on the event being that he is a writer/photographer for about 6 or 7 different car magazines......let me know what you guys think...
Old Nov 24, 2003, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

I like Cwest's idea. You could easily create speculation and have someone take interest in the story. Even if it is on like RNN or is it RJN? whatever.

Im in. Just need to know in advance.

(:
Old Nov 24, 2003, 06:59 PM
In Timeout

yeah that would definitely be really cool, that would be a good thing for all the readers to read.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Gino,,

Hope all is getting better, if I were only out there, I would love to participate...

I think all those who are participating should step up alittle more and let Gino get some vital rest and catch-up, sure he needs some tlc & time off after the mayhem....

My .02
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:49 PM

let me pour liquid down my throat, do damage to some brain cells and think i'm cool. if you wanna take a ride, take a ride. you can't help the losers that drink and then drive. you wanna do something? Tell everyone: don't drink at all, like me. don't ever light a match to anything to go in your mouth, like me. if you never try beer you can never crash drunk.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

that's really good you guys are doing this. I definately would join in if I was in the NE area with yall. I have absolutely no tolerance or sympathy for drunk drivers.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

this is a good thing man.. Plann this out ... like cWest said... Get the newspapers and magazines involved.... resturaunts and other sponsers.. make noise about it..

cuz there are GOOD people that own FAST cars.. not just F2F Wannabee's!!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

im in ny, maybe i can do something? i dunno, ill keep an eye on it
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

I would love to do something/ help out but i'm up in maine, but if we did something that we planned in advance then i would come down. I think a fundrasing car show and dinner and stuff would be a great idea myself. The money we raised could go to like MADD or our own "charity"/ campain against drunk driving
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:42 PM
In Timeout

yeah i think we can do that, i ll talk to the local chapter of MADD in my county, and find out what we would need to do, to get permission to hold a sponsored charity for their cause, i really want to help out with this cause, and EVO18 i dont know if you were being negative about this, but all i can say is that until your on the receiving end of an accident like this, you can not know what people face. Its not to try to save lives, its to HONOR those lost because of these accidents, its only to help those that have lost a loved one, and its to help make the streets safer. Being drivers ourselves, there are more and more deaths every year due to drunk driving than any other motor vehicle accident. Its just to help spread the word, and help promote what MADD has to say.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sti kIller...i think you're right on the money...get MADD involved and lets hold some kind of awareness fund raiser or something...i think having MADD as a sponsor will really let people know we mean business and not just some kids using it as an excuse to drive around.....let me know when MADD gets involved so i can tell my editor friend....
Old Nov 25, 2003, 07:36 AM

if you seriously want to get this sort of parade going on and get publication at the same time, it would be rest to rally orhter car grps at the same time. it would be less of a lancer thing but i am pretty sure the news will take notice on why there are a crap load of cars parading around. and when i say parade i actually mean that getting a permit from city hall is a must. dont wanna get the cops pissed why trying to do good right?
Old Nov 25, 2003, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

yeah well he said that, he said not JUST lancers... well, I guess maybe just to me via aim lol
but yeah, i'm still up on this... I'm gonna talk to some co-workers about this.

Quick Reply: Evo/Lancer Drivers Against Drunk Driving