Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Evo/Lancer Drivers Against Drunk Driving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2003, 05:25 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Evo/Lancer Drivers Against Drunk Driving

Hey guys, as you all probably have heard, i was in a near fatal accident last sunday. When a drunk driver, ran a red light and came barreling into one of my cars, at 60mph. The car i was driving was totalled, and now its my turn to give back to the community.

Every day someone is killed by a drunk driver, We don't pay attention to this until it hits us close to home. Being the victim, of a drunk driving accident it has opened my eyes. There are so many people out there that do not, care for the lives of others, it is such a selfish act. Now here is my idea, or shall i say brainstorm.

I would like to organize, a drive, one of these next weekends, dedicated to the lives lost due to drunk drivers, it seems like a miracle for me to be able to talk to you all right now, so with that in mind, i would like to help others be educated, and be more aware, of the dangers of getting behind the wheel under the infulence.

If you are interested just speak your mind about ideas, you know, we might get a small group together, or a large one, but the whole meaning of this ride, would be to honor those that have past before us, and to possibly save those that can be saved,

Gino
Old Nov 23, 2003, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

i'm down for that... it's something good for all of us ya know
come on guys let's do this
Old Nov 23, 2003, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Im no where near NJ ... but maybe if anyone is in IL or Chicagoland area we could do a local thing too..

I think that is a great idea! there are a lot of people it seems in my town who get killed or get in acciendts b/c of drunk drivers, and i as well as you believe it is a selfish act upon one to drink and then drive knowing they are under the influence and are unable to drive an automobile. Just sickens me ... as well im sure it does you.

But ... i do think this is a great idea!
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would love to join, but I don't have a car at the moment. Lemme know when you organize for and I'll see if I can't make it in the mom's ride.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:39 AM
In Timeout

Hey hobie, thanks for the support man, i dont have the Evo at the moment either, i can sort of feel what your talking about, my evo is at mitsubishi, getting a new short block. One of my rods went about two weeks ago, and it sounded like i had a couple dollars in pennies in the engine block. Im driving my old car around, and its nothing like the evo. Im kinda paranoid driving it around though, its a golf, same car i got into an accident with(not the same just same type). I wear my 4 point harnesses at all times. But i would like to plan something, like next week.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by HobieKopek
I would love to join, but I don't have a car at the moment. Lemme know when you organize for and I'll see if I can't make it in the mom's ride.
As long as the panda head can come too...

Sounds like a great idea....

When and where?

Flybyevo....
Old Nov 24, 2003, 07:58 AM
In Timeout

Im thinking about a ride from, Linden 1&9 Applebees to Thompson Park, at least at the park we wont get hassled, i will try to figure out the ribbon color that symbolizes life, i think its white, but i need to double check, and i will have my company pay for the stickers, just a little ribbon vinyl for the cars. the more the merrier, it doesnt need to be all evo or lancer owners, its just a ride, all cars welcome...just to show our respect for all those lives lost due to drunk driving.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Gino, can you post this in teh EVO-NY forums. Im sure we will participate.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:16 AM
In Timeout

okey dokey.....man i just got back from the doctors, and boy things arent lookin to great again, god do i hate my life... ::sigh::
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

I am down for this as well. Count me in. Let us know when and what time. Thanks bro. Give me a buzz later on the cell when you get a chance.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why whats up Gino???
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm down.....just keep us updated
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

if only i lived in the us...i'm too against drunk driving, i myself have seen what ddrunk driving can do..it is a selfish, irresponsible way of driving, im a honest person.. i have been drunk and did by the way drived home...i always thank God that on those days nothing ever happenned to me..i regret those days and thanked God those where over too...i stopped doing that because i became aware of the damage that I could cause, it was an irresponsible way of playing with my life...i also grieve for the loss of the ones lost due to drunk driving...you also can count on all my support and beleive me if I was on the US i would have rode with you....
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:50 AM
In Timeout

yeah..you guyz my whole goal is just to make a statement, for the public eye, many people around here, and everywhere have a bad opinion about our culture(fast cars,recklessness and all)..we need to show everyone that we are people too, and show that drunk driving is not the answer, i actually set up an account at paypal, to help organize meeting like this, but PM me with ideas.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

this is deffinately good for the soul, and for the image of car enthusiast like ourselves.

we always do get ****ted on by ppl because WE LIKE FAST CARS!... we're responsible too!
you know what would be nice? if when we do do this... it gets printed on the news paper, just to show ppl of a larger scale that there are ppl like us doing such things... i feel great about it already, just the idea makes me feel nice about myself...

Quick Reply: Evo/Lancer Drivers Against Drunk Driving