Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

DO NOT support NJMP - nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Interested in seeing the outcome of this as my dad, brother & I are participating in a track event there in the spring. I've only heard good things about the track...Keep us updated...
The track design is nice but the management & owners are ******, as is the tow company they contract out to. From the looks of the facility, I would guess the track is losing money which could possibly be the reason they are behaving in the manner they are...who knows, but any decent human being would at least get on the phone and discuss the issue. No one at the facility or the tow company has had the decency to call me to discuss the estimates that they requested from me and which I spent a weekend day running around to get. It's been almost three weeks that they've had the estimates and all they've done is dodge my phone calls and spinelessly send me an email saying they don't want to pay. What a group of cowards.

Last edited by CrazedRacing; Dec 14, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazedRacing
They had the car lifted by the rear wheels with straps slung through the wheels and strung to a support bar - they somehow managed to get the car caught on the support bar in the process of towing which tore the wing from the car and did a sh_tload of other damage.

These guys are supposed to be professional and know what they are doing - they presented themselves as such, yet clearly were negligent/careless or did not know what the f'k they were doing in handling my car.
Get a hold of an attorney in your area. They were negligent in destroying your private property, almost sounds like vandalism if nothing else.

On the other hand why didnt you just tell them to slowly push you back to the paddock so your wheels wouldnt be in the air? Having the rear lifted while the fronts are on the ground is a major no-no, yout t-case doesnt like it. Going slowly you wouldnt have done much to the wheel, at worst I would rather buy new wheel than a new tcase.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM

Great...I assumed, based on them being "professionals", that they knew that towing an AWD car in that manner over the short distance involved (less than 1 mile) and at a speed, which I am guessing remained under 20-25mph for the duration of the short tow would not cause any damage. They have to deal with AWD cars all the time at that track, especially since they host the Rallycross events there...

This whole thing has my stomach in knots, especially with how NJMP and the tow company are handling the situation...unreal
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:00 PM

Still absolutely no response from NJMP or the tow company despite numerous additional calls and voicemails being left by me.

I am in the process of screening attorneys, if anyone could please recommend an aggressive attorney that they know from closely related experience can achieve sought-after outcomes, please let me know! I seriously need to force these people to do the right thing.

And if I win treble damages, I will pay 10% of what I receive to whomever referred me to the kick-_ss attorney. I am guessing that 10% should be around $1,800 based on treble damages.

Last edited by CrazedRacing; Dec 16, 2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

as well as your case....
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:51 AM
Account Disabled

I was at a driving event at NJMP in mid-November and had a tire blowout on track - no biggie, safely brought the car to a stop and awaited the tow truck to bring me back to the paddock.

In the process of being towed, the tow crew managed to do nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!!! What tha...??? In their supreme negligence, they managed to rip the wing off and get the car so completely twisted up in the tow straps that they torqued the trunk lid to the point I could not open it and the trunk lid itself damaged the quarter panels!! Did the crew apologize? No. Has the track offered to make me whole again? No. In my opinion, (i) these guys are a__holes and we should not give them any business support!!!!; (ii) Limerock Park and Watkins Glen are great alternatives and are SIGNIFICANTLY more professionally run.

Please do not support the current management/owners of NJMP - I have reached out to all of them trying to have the damage they caused covered and me made whole again and NO ONE has stepped to the plate to do the right thing.
FYI...the name of the tow company involved is Millville Rescue Squad --- I consider them to be on the same sub-human level as the management and owners at NJMP as I have also tried reaching out to them to no avail. This is soooooo unreal - I'm waiting for Ashton to pop out from somewhere and tell me I'm being Punk'd...

If anyone knows a really, and I mean really good attorney (think combination Pitbull & German Shephard), please let me know - I am disgusted by these people and want to make them pay on principle alone - I don't care if I have to spend the same amount as the repairs on an attorney.
First of all, don't take what I am about to say real personally.

#1) You go racing, have a blowout, and no damage was caused from the incident? Somewhat believable - but not entirely.

#2) When you go racing you have to assume some amount of responsibility for the car and yourself. If my car had to be towed off, I would have asked politely to help load the car.

#3) No pictures.

#4) When someone like yourself comes on a forum to bash a business it is solely because you want attention. Guess what? Misery loves company, you are on a car forum, you will get plenty of attention and people feeling bad for you - so I assume mission accomplished.

#5) When you really want to solve this issue you will handle it much better, all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and it will make them NOT WANT TO HELP YOU.

#6) If you want something done, try being nice. It is very hard to turn down someone who is nice. On the other hand, it is very easy to tell a blabbering idiot to get lost.

Again, don't take this personal - I am just trying to help you understand what it will take to help the situation, not make it worse.

Your mileage may vary.

Mike Huml
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:26 AM

Appreciate all the advice, please reference my replies below:

Originally Posted by SBR INC
First of all, don't take what I am about to say real personally.

#1) You go racing, have a blowout, and no damage was caused from the incident? Somewhat believable - but not entirely.
==> Separate and distinct, I'm talking about only the damage the towing crew did - the lines are clear for all who were at the event that day, there is absolutely no overlap between the two.

#2) When you go racing you have to assume some amount of responsibility for the car and yourself. If my car had to be towed off, I would have asked politely to help load the car.
==> It was not in loading the car, I was there for that and assured by the crew there that the manner in which they were towing the car is what they do all the time (bear in mind they host Rallycross events at this track) and yes, the crew knew this was an AWD car

#3) No pictures.
==> Why would I want to post pictures of something that causes me great anguish? Its painful enough posting text about the experience, particularly with how NJMP/MRS is handling the situation, without the graphic reminder of pics... If you are genuinely interested in seeing the pictures to help with my case, please PM me.

#4) When someone like yourself comes on a forum to bash a business it is solely because you want attention. Guess what? Misery loves company, you are on a car forum, you will get plenty of attention and people feeling bad for you - so I assume mission accomplished.
==> I am not looking for sympathy (although, I'm not going to deny it does help when it is sincere...). What NJMP and MRS have done/are doing is so egregious, I want to inform others of what has taken place and find a good attorney to help have the right thing done.

#5) When you really want to solve this issue you will handle it much better, all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire and it will make them NOT WANT TO HELP YOU.
==> bear in mind you have no idea of the level of activity on my part to get this taken care of, I am at last resorts thus, the postings here

#6) If you want something done, try being nice. It is very hard to turn down someone who is nice. On the other hand, it is very easy to tell a blabbering idiot to get lost.
==> I fully agree, I've tried being nice with these people and they are simply not willing to pay for damage that was caused by their negligence/carelessness/misrepresentation of professional ability/et al...

Again, don't take this personal - I am just trying to help you understand what it will take to help the situation, not make it worse.
==> I appreciate your inputs, life is a constant learning experience!

Your mileage may vary.

Mike Huml

Last edited by CrazedRacing; Dec 17, 2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:36 PM

From the looks of the facility, I would guess the track is losing money which could possibly be the reason they are behaving in the manner they are...
So my instinct was right about the place: http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...cy-protection/

I also found this article about the towing company (who also has an EMT division)...draw your own conclusions about how professional an organization MRS must be: http://www.thedailyjournal.com/artic...ty-man-s-death

If anyone decides to still go to that track, I suggest calling for a Triple-A tow truck if you ever need a tow while on the track!

Let's hope a more professional group of operators buys the NJMP facility and improves how the operating managers interact with the people who show up to race, regardless of whether those people are members of the track.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

I've been towed in once before @ NJMP for loosing an IC pipe and never had any problems with them damaging my car. I do however have a removable tow hook on the front and also the factory one on the back. I also made sure they knew how to tow my car, since its awd, to eliminate any damage. you have to remember who you're dealing with here, these aren't highly trained individuals with an intimate understanding for all things automotive. They are EMT's.

I don't see how the fact that NJMP filed for Chapter 11 has anything to do with your issue, though.

IMO, NJMP is a great facility. I hope they are able to work out their financial isses and stay open, god knows we need more tracks in our area. I'm actually going there this weekend w/PCA and hopefully will be spending atleast one weekend per month there this year.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I've been towed in once before @ NJMP for loosing an IC pipe and never had any problems with them damaging my car.
I'm not saying these guys damage every car they touch; however, you would have a different opinion of them if they did extensive damage to your car and told you, you were fully responsible for their negligence to the tune of thousands of dollars. It is very easy to be a fair weather supporter of an entity when they have done you no wrong.

Consider this also, the tow company has refused to give out the name of their insurance company which, in mine and other people's opinions, could mean (i) they don't maintain proper insurance levels (apparently they were owed around $500K from NJMP before NJMP filed for bankruptcy) and/or (ii) they know they are in the wrong and are purposely making it difficult to get the situation remedied because the only way to have them identify their insurance company, if they do no do so willingly, is to file a lawsuit and they know I am about 2.5 hours away from where the lawsuit needs to be filed.

Bottom line is, when you make a mistake, you should own up to it instead of trying to hide behind legalese and corporate veils. I hope they don't f'k up your car if you ever require a tow again but, if they do, be prepared and try calling the local cops to see if they can come fill out a report so the tow company will have to give you their insurance information on the spot. Not sure if the local cops can do so but, it is worth a try as it can save you a ton of leg work after the fact.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

So my instinct was right about the place: http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...cy-protection/

I also found this article about the towing company (who also has an EMT division)...draw your own conclusions about how professional an organization MRS must be: http://www.thedailyjournal.com/artic...ty-man-s-death

If anyone decides to still go to that track, I suggest calling for a Triple-A tow truck if you ever need a tow while on the track!

Let's hope a more professional group of operators buys the NJMP facility and improves how the operating managers interact with the people who show up to race, regardless of whether those people are members of the track.
I sincerely want to thank you for keeping us aware and informed..the public/consumers should know about mishaps and shady business practices with these business...I would also report them to the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org)

Thanks again, I will definitely stay away from NJMP

- Joel
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i got towed by them yesterday. Bunch a nice guy. they literally lie down on the ground to check, if my front will clear the pick up, both side.
After that they put my car on my trailer. I have to say no way you could have handled more gently or professionally the situation. I did not even had to help. 5 guys and 1 supervisor worked on my and around my car.

That is my experience there.
Rob
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not trying to make things worse than they but it sounds like you could definitely have a blown T-case on your hands as well. I would never let anyone tow my car even 2 feet on a standard tow truck. Get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AWD-T...Q5fAccessories

It could be the best $5 you ever spent!

That being said, I think you definitely have a case on your hands against the towing company for negiligence (I wouldn't be blaming the track for this). They should know how to properly tow your vehicle. Even if you signed a waiver, those things don't always stand up in court in front of a real judge.