Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

DO NOT support NJMP - nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT support NJMP - nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!

I was at a driving event at NJMP in mid-November and had a tire blowout on track - no biggie, safely brought the car to a stop and awaited the tow truck to bring me back to the paddock.

In the process of being towed, the tow crew managed to do nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!!! What tha...??? In their supreme negligence, they managed to rip the wing off and get the car so completely twisted up in the tow straps that they torqued the trunk lid to the point I could not open it and the trunk lid itself damaged the quarter panels!! Did the crew apologize? No. Has the track offered to make me whole again? No. In my opinion, (i) these guys are a__holes and we should not give them any business support!!!!; (ii) Limerock Park and Watkins Glen are great alternatives and are SIGNIFICANTLY more professionally run.

Please do not support the current management/owners of NJMP - I have reached out to all of them trying to have the damage they caused covered and me made whole again and NO ONE has stepped to the plate to do the right thing.
FYI...the name of the tow company involved is Millville Rescue Squad --- I consider them to be on the same sub-human level as the management and owners at NJMP as I have also tried reaching out to them to no avail. This is soooooo unreal - I'm waiting for Ashton to pop out from somewhere and tell me I'm being Punk'd...

If anyone knows a really, and I mean really good attorney (think combination Pitbull & German Shephard), please let me know - I am disgusted by these people and want to make them pay on principle alone - I don't care if I have to spend the same amount as the repairs on an attorney.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrazedRacing
I was at a driving event at NJMP in mid-November and had a tire blowout on track - no biggie, safely brought the car to a stop and awaited the tow truck to bring me back to the paddock.

In the process of being towed, the tow crew managed to do nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!!! What tha...??? In their supreme negligence, they managed to rip the wing off and get the car so completely twisted up in the tow straps that they torqued the trunk lid to the point I could not open it and the trunk lid itself damaged the quarter panels!! Did the crew apologize? No. Has the track offered to make me whole again? No. In my opinion, (i) these guys are a__holes and we should not give them any business support!!!!; (ii) Limerock Park and Watkins Glen are great alternatives and are SIGNIFICANTLY more professionally run.

Please do not support the current management/owners of NJMP - I have reached out to all of them trying to have the damage they caused covered and me made whole again and NO ONE has stepped to the plate to do the right thing.
FYI...the name of the tow company involved is Millville Rescue Squad --- I consider them to be on the same sub-human level as the management and owners at NJMP as I have also tried reaching out to them to no avail. This is soooooo unreal - I'm waiting for Ashton to pop out from somewhere and tell me I'm being Punk'd...

If anyone knows a really, and I mean really good attorney (think combination Pitbull & German Shephard), please let me know - I am disgusted by these people and want to make them pay on principle alone - I don't care if I have to spend the same amount as the repairs on an attorney.

so you tell us all this but dont say how they were trying to tow or pull your car .... race track wrecker crews are used to simple here is a tow hook .. hook strap here and tow ... if its a mangled race car they are going to drag it on a flat bed and hual it off ... they prob are not used to street cars being on track ... more info please ...

when you enter the track you prob waiver any right to damage being done to your car because its your choice to be on track .. sorry to say

Last edited by evoboi005; Dec 14, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i saw this guy crash his gtr once. They lifted his whole back end and draged it about 200 feet.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:18 PM

sucks to hear that mate...must be really annoying,but its true what evoboi005 said you singed that waiver... pretty much you are fked
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im curious to see pics. I dont understand how the wing could have broken off, its usually the one thing that survives,. j/k, sorry to make light of your situation. Did they attach the tow strap to your trunk or wing? Did you get out of your car to see where they were attaching the straps to? You might have a case because your damage wasnt done due to racing but damage was uncurred while it was being towed. I think at the point where the tow company, if its independant of the race track company/owners is held liable once their employees attempt to move your vehicle.. But Im not a lawyer so I could be wrong. g/l man.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:31 PM

that little waiver you signed when you walked in waves any responsibility from them

i had a similar thing happen with my racecar. was in an accident and the left side was torn up... after the tow truck was done i needed to replace all the rear body panels aswell... its part of the game, it sucks, but its all part of it.

i agree with TommiM tho... because it wasnt a racing incident maybe you have something.. whats it gonna hurt? all theyll say is now ... may'zill try it out
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

How did they take the wing off? Sounds impossible
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
how did they take the wing off? Sounds impossible
+1
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

I hate when threads like this get started, but the OP leaves without answering any questions lol
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:26 PM

when you enter the track you prob waiver any right to damage being done to your car because its your choice to be on track .. sorry to say
This is standard practice in Canada too. I dont think you will have a lot of recourse.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:22 PM

That waiver does not cover negligence nor does it apply when the car is completely out of your hands - what it covers is stuff like when you have car-to-car contact on the track or when something flies off another car and damages your undercarriage or smashes through one of your windows. I would never partake in a driving event where I give someone free reign to f'k up my car and not pay for it - that is absolutely ludicrous.

This was not a race event - it was a members driving event day.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ODUB
I hate when threads like this get started, but the OP leaves without answering any questions lol
The thread just started, what are you talking about?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interested in seeing the outcome of this as my dad, brother & I are participating in a track event there in the spring. I've only heard good things about the track...Keep us updated...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrazedRacing
The thread just started, what are you talking about?
sorry, I'm impatient lol
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by keevo54
How did they take the wing off? Sounds impossible
They had the car lifted by the rear wheels with straps slung through the wheels and strung to a support bar - they somehow managed to get the car caught on the support bar in the process of towing which tore the wing from the car and did a sh_tload of other damage.

These guys are supposed to be professional and know what they are doing - they presented themselves as such, yet clearly were negligent/careless or did not know what the f'k they were doing in handling my car.

Last edited by CrazedRacing; Dec 14, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: DO NOT support NJMP - nearly $6,000 in damage to my car!!!