Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Racetracks in the tri-state area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
cool !!! i hope we get together there as an EVo guys

Like an Evo corner , not like a car show, but like the evo pit... more likely LOL
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by catman78
great pics. Now how do i explain this to the wife...it's bad enough i brought home a car with a huge wing
lol
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

we can actually post more pics from the Tri State area track s, i think would be a good idea .

So here is my second set from NJ Englishtown road race track:

my wife turn ...
she is rolling on the track

Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letMeIn
I think the Red Group are the instructors.
Originally Posted by 4cdndctn
I should be in Red as I don't instruct with PCA. They may start us all in low groups as there is plenty of vehicular discrimination out there.
One of you is registered in Black and the other in Red, that means one of you two guys are running in the instructor group. If either feel like helping out a newb please let me know. I'd love to have someone with me for a session or two on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
cool !!! i hope we get together there as an EVo guys

Like an Evo corner , not like a car show, but like the evo pit... more likely LOL
x2.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
One of you is registered in Black and the other in Red, that means one of you two guys are running in the instructor group. If either feel like helping out a newb please let me know. I'd love to have someone with me for a session or two on Saturday.
It's me in the black - I forgot PCA swaps group colors a bit. Even if a ride along is not allowed, you'll want an Evo or similar car showing you the DE line from our perspective vs a rear engine/RWD car as they are quite different.
Then when you're ready, see you on the racing line!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

^ that's exactly why I wanted an evo driver in the seat next to me

I'm sure if i talk to the right person I could have anyone in the Red/Black group sit with me for a session.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gonna try and get in on this guys. Been waiting to track my car just havent had time. I am registered in NASA but I still think I need the car inspected for the track. Plus gotta make sure funds are sufficient for this and I need to adjust my tune most likely. I'll do my best to jump on the bandwagon. I figure I would be starting out in the beginner level. My car is modified pretty well as far a suspension and engine mods etc. so I don't know whether they will bump me or not...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

1st time for me also. Looks like I may have an R32 and 05 Mustang GT coming..

Any suggestions regarding car prep?
What's the inspection process?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EriCS
Gonna try and get in on this guys. Been waiting to track my car just havent had time. I am registered in NASA but I still think I need the car inspected for the track. Plus gotta make sure funds are sufficient for this and I need to adjust my tune most likely. I'll do my best to jump on the bandwagon. I figure I would be starting out in the beginner level. My car is modified pretty well as far a suspension and engine mods etc. so I don't know whether they will bump me or not...
Here is the inspection sheet you'll need to fill out prior to attending the event.

http://sch.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...id=159&mid=598

your mechanic should fill this out and sign at the bottom. This is in addition to the inspection your car will be put thru at the event.

Cars are grouped together by the experience level of their drivers not by how much HP you have or how many mods you've done. Sounds counter-intutive I know, but when you get out there you'll see that more mods doesn't always = more speed. Infact its sometimes the opposite... the more mods you have the slower you may be.

Originally Posted by catman78
1st time for me also. Looks like I may have an R32 and 05 Mustang GT coming..

Any suggestions regarding car prep?
What's the inspection process?
cool. we have a couple R32 drivers in our group, but I don't know if any of them are signed up for this one.

Regarding car prep; as long as your car is in good working condition mechanically, there is nothing falling off, all your brake lights work and nothing leaking, you'll be fine. When you get there just make sure to remove anything and everything that isn't bolted down (floor mats, ezpass, loose change, ect).

As I mentioned above, you'll need to have an inspection done prior to attending the event and whomever does your inspection will have to sign-off on your inspection sheet which you will present to the tech inspector at the event. PCA takes safety very seriously and for good reason. the last thing anyone wants, especially someone driving a $150k Porsche, is someone crashing into them because of a mechanical that could have been prevented with an inspection.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I assumed maybe they classify you based on modifications as well as experience. I rather be in the beginner level and I understand speed comes from control. Driving at high speeeds with other speed junkies and myself with no experience doesn't sit well in my stomach. I hope I can get out there. Whats the latest I can sign up?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

I think they close registration March 15th, but at the rate its going it will likely fill up before that time.