Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Best EVO Service in/near Long Island?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best EVO Service in/near Long Island?

I recently purchased my Evo, now starting to do my homework on where to have the car serviced.

From what I understand, Mitsubishi probably will only honor warranties if the service is done at a Mitsu dealership. My experience with car dealership service with other makes has been less than encouraging(!)

So, I'd really like to hear from anyone in the Long Island/Queens, NY areas which dealers or Mitsu-experienced shops you've had good experience with and can recommend for regular maintenance.

BIG THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used No Limits Motorsports and JBE Racing.

No Limits (Medford), good work, great bunch of guys, nice atmosphere. I had timing belt service, gauges and fluid service. It's a little bit of a hike from me though.

JBE Racing (Bay Shore). John does some mad work on high end cars > 100k.
John did a motor build for another local owner.
He did much clutch.

Good luck with your car.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:44 PM

catman, thanks for the suggestions. medford is a bit of a drive, but possible. i heard good things about DG Motors in Lindenhurst, which is somewhat closer. I'm in Nassau County and purchased from a dealer in Queens. I'll probably let the dealer do the basic maintenance and see how it goes. I'm generally not a fan of dealer service, but sometimes it's ok -- in this case the primary motivation is to maintain the warranties.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Summit1,
Good idea, Let the dealer service it until warranty is up.
This way if anything goes wrong Mitsu will be responsible.

The shops I've used were for work on a five yo car, I've had it for six months and purchased it with most of the current mods.

Don't know anything about DG, I believe there is also a performance shop in Oceanside. I forget the name.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:01 PM

Talking

impressive list of mods. once you start down that road, it never ends... until the next car, lol! how is that one running for ya. i vowed i would stick to purely cosmetics on this new X, and, it is one heck of a machine to begin with. after driving bmw's for 15 years, that might sound surprising, but i love how nimble and light on its feet this little car is ... so easy to drive. my last bmw was >450hp, and i loved it, but it was a tank.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

I've got work done at JBE RACING also and ill stand up for all that guys work. John the owner is a really cool dude and down to earth, but when it comes to cars he's the man. besides working on mitsus he's also big in the porsche, viper, audi, mustangs and bmw area. He has crazy builds that only he does no one else touches your car besides john. and catman can de-finally vouch for me on that.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:58 AM

Dont go to DG, hit up Tach Motor Works in Oceanside, NY (long island)
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I had a lot of work done at Top Level in Farmingdale. Their pricing was very good (they were having pricing specials at the time but still reasonable normally). I had them do 60k service, clutch, springs, fluids, wideband, brakes and a tune. Ricky is the guy to talk to. They're also a vender on here.

Edit: just so you now how insane their pricing was during their winter special, they charged me $350 for a clutch change and $250 for the 60k service labor.

Last edited by 596736; Mar 6, 2011 at 07:32 AM.