Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

good mechanic near edison nj

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good mechanic near edison nj

Looking to put my dp and test pipe on and can't find many places that I trust or that will even touch it. I put my catback on with relative ease but the dp looks like a pain in the *** to install so I rather pay someone. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also I'm kinda debating getting a hFc and selling my test pipe for inspection purposes.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GtsLancer
Looking to put my dp and test pipe on and can't find many places that I trust or that will even touch it. I put my catback on with relative ease but the dp looks like a pain in the *** to install so I rather pay someone. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also I'm kinda debating getting a hFc and selling my test pipe for inspection purposes.
Go to IveyTune. They'll do it right.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 02:32 PM

Broken Motorsports in union city NJ. They have a bad rep around some forums but i've dealt with them personally have no complaints. They installed my DP for $100 where Ivey quoted me at $600...lol
Old Jun 2, 2011, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Damn $100!? Thats really cheap. I got a friend wholl do your DP for $200 and itll take 3hrs only.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

I paid 80$ for my dp + tp installation. They regreted it half way trough it lol. It was a shop that my boys work at though
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Lol damn. They didnt know its that difficukt for the X n avg. 6-8 hr labor
Old Jun 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

iveytune... the X's downpipe is in the back of the engine and tucked under the firewall... a pain to do if you dont have a lift, and u need to make sure all the parts line up well and all the bolts are properly tighten...
Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTbullet
Broken Motorsports in union city NJ. They have a bad rep around some forums but i've dealt with them personally have no complaints. They installed my DP for $100 where Ivey quoted me at $600...lol
We quoted you $600 for just a DP install?

Sean
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune

Sean
LOL, that probably was with a tune.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

I think we charge around $350.

The best is when someone calls here, gets mad at the price. Then call 2 days later asking for phone support on the same DP install from someones driveway!!

Sean
Old Jun 4, 2011, 08:09 AM

Sean
Yup, not sure who it was that I spoke to, I just know it wasn't you or Sam. But yes I was quoted at $600 for just the DP.

I think we charge around $350.

The best is when someone calls here, gets mad at the price. Then call 2 days later asking for phone support on the same DP install from someones driveway!!

Sean
I wasnt mad at the price I was quoted, if I had been, I wouldn't have gone back to you guys for a tune. I'm just saying, speaking for myself, I am by no means wealthy or have wealthy parents. I financed my Evo, live on my own, and pay for everything myself, while dealing with everyday expenses. My point is that even if I had been quoted $350 for a DP install, and someone was charging me less by a considerable amount, I would go with them. I understand being loyal to your tuner is important in this game, BUT parts are very expensive, and I can't justify paying almost what the part itself cost to just install it, since I'm building my car on a tight budget.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

No prob.

Still appreciate you coming.

Sean

Originally Posted by GTbullet
Yup, not sure who it was that I spoke to, I just know it wasn't you or Sam. But yes I was quoted at $600 for just the DP.

I wasnt mad at the price I was quoted, if I had been, I wouldn't have gone back to you guys for a tune. I'm just saying, speaking for myself, I am by no means wealthy or have wealthy parents. I financed my Evo, live on my own, and pay for everything myself, while dealing with everyday expenses. My point is that even if I had been quoted $350 for a DP install, and someone was charging me less by a considerable amount, I would go with them. I understand being loyal to your tuner is important in this game, BUT parts are very expensive, and I can't justify paying almost what the part itself cost to just install it, since I'm building my car on a tight budget.