Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Ripped off BAD!! Stolen/Tagged Car being traded/sold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ripped off BAD!! Stolen/Tagged Car being traded/sold

Passing this along for a friend who was royal screwed. Repost anywere and everywere if you like. ****ty situation. If you are buying a car, please be careful!! You never know what you are actually getting into!

Ripped off hard.
Bear with this.. It's insane.
I listed my 06 500whp super built STi for sale due to lookin for a home/more practical vehicle. Wham I found a NASIOC memeber looking to trade a 07 srt8 jeep for a STi. I had over 25k into my car but I was willing to take a little hit for something more practical for my job (electrician) I meet up with the member of nasioc in August and we end up deciding to do it. I go to my bank with all info to transfer my STi loan into the jeep. We trade this and that plus money on my side. The same week I get it it blows a t case and the kid said he never had a issue. Ok well that's fine. 1k later it runs again.. Then someone breaks into it and gets off with 2k in things . Soo I go to get my key reprogrammed for the new viper alarm I put in. Vin was fake, oh. Yes it has a car fax for its entire life and a clean title soo why is the vin fake.. Because under the fake Vin was the REAL vin which came back stolen and never recovered.. Soo now I'm ****ed. I call the state police and report it an they come an take it:| I contact the kid I traded and he said he can't help me and basically that I'm beat, as he is is selling a bunch of parts off the STi. I ask for the owner before him number and called him, he told me before I even spoke any issues I have isn't his problem and dont call that number. I had a lawer dig into this more, turns out the title came back to his name the day before we traded, that he went to have dealer work done and they told him it had a fake vin and he started an argument with the sales writer and was thrown out of the dealership. soo now I'm in debt and am declaring bankruptcy and this kid has my car. Now that house I was going to buy isnt going to happen and my holidays are RUINED.

This was my STi, I'm sure you have seen it :| try not to buy parts off of it listed for sale.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2278180
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:18 PM

How is the kid that bought your car not in trouble yet? If anything, he's in lots of trouble for selling a car with a fake VIN. Have that lawyer do more work for you...he's the first guy I'd be looking at for my money back. Doesn't the bank do checks as well before giving out a car loan, my bank did. They needed the VIN number so they can check it and make sure its legit.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

That is absolutely horrible....
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ and what about the cops--- i would think they would be very interested in someone selling stolen goods ie cars. Call the detective working that.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

wow is right man im so sorry i cant berlieve there are still people out there getting away with these kinds of acts
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by meckert
^^^ and what about the cops--- i would think they would be very interested in someone selling stolen goods ie cars. Call the detective working that.
Exactly, its not like the dude that has your car is getting off clean. More to the story, gotta be. It doesnt add up at all.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DansEVO2510
How is the kid that bought your car not in trouble yet? If anything, he's in lots of trouble for selling a car with a fake VIN. Have that lawyer do more work for you...he's the first guy I'd be looking at for my money back. Doesn't the bank do checks as well before giving out a car loan, my bank did. They needed the VIN number so they can check it and make sure its legit.
my bank didnt check the vin on my sti when i bought it besides how would you ever know if it was covered with a fake vin.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

That's one sexy STI!!! good luck bro! Hope all turns out well for you in the end.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh my God! What a piece of garbage! That's horrible! I wish you the best of luck man...
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn brO sorry to hear that, hope all ends well.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

If you read the thread you will see how it is unfolding. Pretty messed up, they called it a "civil" matter. Such BS
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

id rent a wood chipper and buy a tranquilizer gun...enough said
Old Dec 9, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
sorry to hear that. Damn i hope some how you can get something back from that kid.

Good luck.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

That's horrible! Worse than the guy that had his car spray painted by retired USN guy. That kid is lucky he didn't get a broken leg and busted nose or worse.

BTW, I like the last pic....BRO.

Quick Reply: Ripped off BAD!! Stolen/Tagged Car being traded/sold