Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

STOLEN EVO IN NEW JERSEY!!!!! Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:25 PM
DMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by My03evo
I'm sure they got battery back ups or whatever but can't they just rip them out easily? or disconnect the power supply? but I'm assuming they have some kind of battery back up inside. I think that and a fuel pump/ignition kill switch is the best thing to do, and hide the switch/es obviously
Well im not going to give out info about Lo Jacks. I know I dont install them anymore, but I dont know who could be reading this and if I ever go back to installing them again. But I can tell you that tracking units in general usually have a back-up battery. So it doesnt matter if they disconnect the battery, it will still work. Unless they maybe blow the car up and dump it in a river. lol But seriously, they would have to find it and rip it out. That can take awhile if its well hidden.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:03 AM

Another alternative is a ignition kill switch - like the race cars have (required in wheel to wheel racing). You mount it to the bumper(or some where out side the car). They make keyed ones, so only a key can turn it on or off.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:39 PM

RE: StolenEVO New Jersey

Check out the local towing. They like doing the crap.......
No surprise if you'll get it back for few Benjamins.

Happened to me once in Chi-downtown. Took me few hours to find it underground and get my car back for couple hundreds.

Wish u luck.Hope, you get it back.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:42 PM

Re;

Also, checkout the local surveillance cameras..... They should have some recordings if the car was in view. Usually such places keep it up to 2 weeks.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:59 PM

Hope you can find it man, sorry for your loss!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 03:38 AM

Reason why the .40 always stays with me...never know about the idiots out here..
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear my friend had his civic stolen a few months ago, we did our own police work, and sure enough the next night the car was spotted 20 minutes away from someone who saw it on fb. They followed it and long story short we got it back!!! the took the vins off and put different tags on it. Only problem is the kids left the gps in the car programmed back to their house with the plates also registered to them too..lol I know the cops are doing alot of work into it because the kids were down from newark and rahway area. Such scum bags need to get jobs and pay for there own stuff. Good luck and ill keep an ear out for you
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone have experiance with ravelco ? Considering it or a hidden fuel switchs. Thinking of putting a dummy switch under dash and a working one elsewhere.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear, as a former STi owner and also living in northern NJ, I stumbled upon this thread on iwsti. I went on craigslist and the first post was 2006 black evo MR for sale in woodbridge. IDK if its a coincidence but have a look http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/2781130102.html
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stiallday
Sorry to hear, as a former STi owner and also living in northern NJ, I stumbled upon this thread on iwsti. I went on craigslist and the first post was 2006 black evo MR for sale in woodbridge. IDK if its a coincidence but have a look http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/2781130102.html
Not sure where you're trying to go with that... But it's definitely NOT the same car, and definitely not wearing any of OPs parts that I could see.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:57 PM

any updates on this??
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

I cant do much but if i see an evo like that driving around I will definitely take notice
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wickedboost
any updates on this??
wondering this as well. havent heard from the OP in a bit.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok updates, he still working on it
Old Jan 5, 2012, 02:23 AM
DMP

Originally Posted by 9evolution
Anyone have experiance with ravelco ? Considering it or a hidden fuel switchs. Thinking of putting a dummy switch under dash and a working one elsewhere.
Sorry to jack the OP's thread, but I feel the need to clear something up. I DO NOT recommend fuel cut off switches. If something ever went wrong while driving down the road, who knows what could happen. The same can be done with a starter kill. Here is a diagram on how to do it with a switch and 2 relays. http://images.the12volt.com/12voltim...tarterkill.gif Also, a starter kill can be tied into an aftermarket alarm. If done right and "sleek", a thief would first have to tear apart under the dash/steering column and figure out why its not starting. Thats definately not something that can be done "fast".

You could also be even more tricky. On manual cars, you need to push the clutch in to start it. You could even do a clutch kill switch too. Both of these methods are very good for stopping or slowing down a thief from starting the car. Now if the car is stolen on a flatbed or something, neither one of these will help. Its best to do a combination. Aftermarket alarm (1-mile range 2-way pager a-plus) plus starter kill and a tracking device. If anyone needs more info about installing security or ideas, just post a new topic in the audio and security section of the forum.

Quick Reply: STOLEN EVO IN NEW JERSEY!!!!! Help!!!!