Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

I just purchased my first Evo ( my first post )

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012 | 08:59 PM

I just purchased my first Evo ( my first post )

Im new to the Evo scene but not to cars. Ive been a Honda guy since 99 When I purchased my first Civic Si. Ive built quite a few hondas over the years and I am absolutely discussed with what that scene has become. So i decided to switch it up and i just picked up my 03 evo with 31k miles on it off of a really good friend. It has complete 06 Mr interior,JDM headlights, Buschur 272 cams and valve train, HKS 3" turbo back, walboro fuel pump and has been flashed. I Plan on Doing some Volk's and an FP red down the road. I Just have to part out the 750+ hp honda build I've been working on for the past few years... So far i LOVE the car and the few people I have dealt with have been awesome. I look forward to meeting some new people.
Old Sep 13, 2012 | 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats man and welcome to the evo world you won't turn back
Old Sep 13, 2012 | 09:42 PM

Thanks. I Haven't looked back yet! and I'm already on the search for parts!
i just purchased a gruppe-s gauge bezel,and I'm going to rob my AEM wideband,Aem digital oil pressure and AEM Digital boost gauges from my massive parts pile. Ill be going to pick up a set of oem evo 8 wheels with snow tires this weekend and next I'm going to be looking into suspension and wheels... i MAY even see if i can utilize my injector dynamic 1000's ,Tial 44Wg and Tial 50 BOV,Aem EMS and GTX3582r from my project car. but that won't be for a while.
Old Sep 14, 2012 | 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

yea man once it starts it wont stop i started just buying a fuel pump and it all went after that lol i have that same BOV it sounds awesome just make sure your ok with the idle and dying issues if you dont switch over to SD good luck man
Old Sep 14, 2012 | 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the purchase! I got mine about a month ago now and have loved every second of it so far.
Old Sep 14, 2012 | 06:16 PM

I've had a few vacuum lines pop off and give me a scare.
But I zip tied every single one so hopefully that fixes that.
I also installed my boost gauge last night and she's running 23psi
I'm loving it so far!
Old Sep 15, 2012 | 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Awesome! If you ever need anything let us know!
Old Sep 16, 2012 | 07:57 AM

Hey man Congrats, I see that you are from Eastern PA. Where abouts? I live in the Lehigh Valley Area. Maybe we can hit up some meets and such. Always looking for Evo's to roll with.
Old Sep 16, 2012 | 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Awesome! If you ever need anything let us know!
thanks, will do!
Old Sep 16, 2012 | 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
Hey man Congrats, I see that you are from Eastern PA. Where abouts? I live in the Lehigh Valley Area. Maybe we can hit up some meets and such. Always looking for Evo's to roll with.
I'm from the montgomery/berks county area. (About 25 minutes from maple grove)
PM me and we can exchange numbers, I'm down to roll out to some shows and meets.
Old Sep 17, 2012 | 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

welcome to our own little world...i was an ex honda guy my self
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 04:27 AM

So far everyone I have met has been awesome. It reminds me of the good ol days of owning a Honda (late 90's early 2000's) its a shame how a community can get destroyed and turn into a bunch of thieves and low life's in a few years. Not to mention all the knockoff junk..
Im looking forward to meeting some of you guys and attending events and meets!
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 07:25 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KIDNME
Im new to the Evo scene but not to cars. Ive been a Honda guy since 99 When I purchased my first Civic Si. Ive built quite a few hondas over the years and I am absolutely discussed with what that scene has become. So i decided to switch it up and i just picked up my 03 evo with 31k miles on it off of a really good friend. It has complete 06 Mr interior,JDM headlights, Buschur 272 cams and valve train, HKS 3" turbo back, walboro fuel pump and has been flashed. I Plan on Doing some Volk's and an FP red down the road. I Just have to part out the 750+ hp honda build I've been working on for the past few years... So far i LOVE the car and the few people I have dealt with have been awesome. I look forward to meeting some new people.
Congrats & welcome!... I too just came from the honda world & literally just bought my 1st Evo (Evo 8 TB stock)....Still parting out my 700+Hp Honda build, & agree how that scene has become pure shadiness....Of the few people I have dealt with in the Evo community I have nothing but good things to say, It now makes me wonder how I stayed into Honda's so long (Other than cheap power) but definitely glad I switched...good luck with the car and the plans down the road..
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by GhostAWD
Congrats & welcome!... I too just came from the honda world & literally just bought my 1st Evo (Evo 8 TB stock)....Still parting out my 700+Hp Honda build, & agree how that scene has become pure shadiness....Of the few people I have dealt with in the Evo community I have nothing but good things to say, It now makes me wonder how I stayed into Honda's so long (Other than cheap power) but definitely glad I switched...good luck with the car and the plans down the road..
Seems there are a lot of ex Honda guys here
My evo is TB also! Good luck with yours as well!
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Ex-Honda Guy Here to from the NE

Welcome and enjoy man

Quick Reply: I just purchased my first Evo ( my first post )