Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

NJ/NY! I am about to be in you!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking NJ/NY! I am about to be in you!

...so I figured I'd say hello.

My boyfriend (also an Evo owner) and I are moving to NJ this summer. Both I and my car should be there mid-May, and my BF should be following in June.

I've owned 3 evos in 4 different states, and I'm excited to come to NJ since this is my first time on the East coast. BF will be attending NYU and I'll be working near Parsippany, NJ.

What's the scene like out there? I'm hoping we can make it to some kind of meet up once we have both cars there.

Looking forward to meeting you guys/gals!

~Bambi

Edit: Holy crap. I just realized we'll be close to Lime Rock! Super exciting.

Last edited by BambiTLK; Mar 20, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
NJ is not that exiting
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
NJ is not that exiting
It's something different, at least! We don't really have a scene to speak of out here. Until very recently the "club" was pretty disorganized and we still don't have regular meet ups.

I'd love to find a group that at least meets on a regular basis.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:10 PM

Aforementioned boyfriend checking in. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

im about 10 minutes from parsippany and yeah theres car meets around here but once they get big the police come and kick everyone out because there always has to be those people doing burnouts and just being reckless idiots
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
NJ is not that exiting
Jersey's not that boring. Can't say i know much about the car scene though. I only just got my evo last week so hopefully if there are any meet up i see you guys there and others from the forum too
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HI to NJ... yes that's a change alright.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I grew up in Parsippany! I live a few towns over now. Anyway, there used to be a good DSM/evo scene a few years back, but once DSMs started to get old and they all fell apart, the meets happened less often. I haven't really been to any meets recently as I just moved back up here from south NJ, but I hear they have some meets at the Applebees in Parsippany once a week. My buddy told me they got pretty big last year. There is also a meet in Roxbury/Ledgewood area by the TGI Fridays. Otherwise there is usually a decent turnout at the evo/wrx events at Englishtown's Raceway Park. Or some of the local guys like to hit up Island Dragway in Hackettstown since it's a smaller drag strip and much cheaper.

Anyway, welcome to the dirty jersey where we are most notably known for our super high property taxes.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
theres at least 10 evos in the parsippany area that I'm friends with. You'll be here just in time for our annual Bear Mountain BBQ/meet. you can check out some of the old threads in the Northeast Section. We also had a chat thread but its died down for sometime now. Ihop/Bear Mt crew lol

PM me if you 2 want to meet up sometime.

Last edited by escodotcarter; Mar 21, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
You're leaving Hawaii for here? What? I'd re-think that idea...I'm from Cali and can't wait to go back there! Theres a bunch of Evos here, some in great shape and some riced-out/abused. You'll be living in the Parisppany area? For next Winter, make sure you get 4 snow tires and watch out for our crater shaped, rim-busting pot holes! Oh, I forgot to mention the rust-breeding rock salt? Hawaii, versus New Jersey? hmmmmm....
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Hahaha, that's right! I bet you guys over in HI don't even know what "salting the roads" is! If you're smart, you'll have another daily driver or beater car you can use in the winter months if you want to keep the evo clean. The winters are terrible for cars here between the salt on the roads and the craters, aka pot holes.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Don't forget to use a condom before you are "in" NJ. Never know what you'll catch.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by escodotcarter
theres at least 10 evos in the parsippany area that I'm friends with. You'll be here just in time for our annual Bear Mountain BBQ/meet. you can check out some of the old threads in the Northeast Section. We also had a chat thread but its died down for sometime now. Ihop/Bear Mt crew lol

PM me if you 2 want to meet up sometime.
Yup. I'm one who lives in parsippany. We have a pretty tight knit group of evo friends. We hope you can join us sometime for our afternoon bbqs, evo cruises, and other not so evo related fun things like partying in the greatest city in the world. I'm quite the new "jersian" and would love to tour you guys around NJ/NYC.

-AJ
Old Mar 23, 2014, 03:30 PM

Only a town or so over (Oh hey parsippany Evo people! Sorry I only have a baby "evo"). As far as driving goes, if you like to get your car dirty, there are some really fun rally roads within a 45 minute drive, and lots of snow. I know a very good spot for snow driving/drifting, 10 minute drive from parsippany.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 04:37 PM

I'm not sure what driving is like is HI but make sure you have a lot of patience for road rage. The Evo scene is actually pretty decent around these parts.

Welcome guys

Quick Reply: NJ/NY! I am about to be in you!