Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Fatal Evo Crash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2004, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fatal Evo Crash

Anybody have any info on the wrecked white evo on sunrise and vets Hwy.....wednesday night?

It was in Newsday (page a20) thursday, the accident was at the merge of Vets Hwy. and Sunrise Hwy. and both kids in the car were killed, they weren't wearing seatbelts.....tradgic!!!!!!!

Last edited by fourortwowheels; Mar 11, 2004 at 11:14 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:28 AM

heres the article, no pic tho if anyone has thursday's newsday late edition its on page a20.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=519776
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

wow, that sucks
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

It's a shame that people die because they think they have to look "cool." Driving too fast for conditions without seatbelts isn't cool, ladies and gents, it's just plain stupid.

Do you look cooler after you wreck and are crippled or die? It's a shame to lose such a vehicle in this way. Is my family gonna say "at least he looked cool when he died." Hell no.

People, don't be stupid. Wear a damn seat belt. It takes 4 seconds to put on, and if someone gives you **** for wearing it, punch them in the face and tell them that's only a little taste of what it's like to wreak without a seatbelt.

My thoughts are with the familes of these two kids. They didn't deserve to lose people that they loved. To think those two could still be alive if the bothered to click a little metal buckle.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

What a tragic loss. My condolence to the family of those kids. I wonder maybe the reason the airbag didnt go off is because the seatbelt were not strapped on. To all you fellow drivers out there, no matter what you drive, please buckle your seatbelt!!!
Noel
Old Mar 12, 2004, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Hitting a tree is one of the worst thing that can happen. Even if they were wearing seatbelts, at high rate of speed it's usually fatal or serious injury. Also, there are lot of drivers who recline their seats way too back. The seats look like in an angle of 50-60 degrees. Seat belts were that design to work effectively at such angles.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks , does anyone know these victims
Old Mar 12, 2004, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

tragic...but still its sad and plain idiotic drivin without a seatbelt and using the hwy as a wrc course, even though you got an evo, it doesnt mean u exactly are the king of the road, remember you control the car, dont let the car control you
Old Mar 12, 2004, 06:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with what people say abot wearing there seatbelt. It was drummed into by parents at an early age, and maybe one day I might have to thank them for it. It bothers me that people don't wear there seatbelt. Two of those people are my father-in-law and mother-in-law. I joke with about it and I think my father-in-law is finally getting it. Just wear a seatbelt people, it my just save your life.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

My cousin/best friend (32) was killed a couple of weeks ago in a car accident, leaving a wife and 2 young kids. It was not his fault, and it angers me so much to know people aren't driving responsibly. The loss of young lives is the most tragic thing that can happen, period. Please, please have fun with your cars, that's what they're for. But don't be stupid, and don't tempt fate by not wearing your seatbelt.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

i dont get why anyone would NOT wear a seatbelt.. i mean it doesnt hamper your driving nor is it uncomfortable
Old Mar 12, 2004, 07:10 AM

There is another story in today's newsday.

http://www.nynewsday.com/search/ny-l...,2809646.story
Old Mar 12, 2004, 07:16 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally posted by simevo
Hitting a tree is one of the worst thing that can happen. Even if they were wearing seatbelts, at high rate of speed it's usually fatal or serious injury. Also, there are lot of drivers who recline their seats way too back. The seats look like in an angle of 50-60 degrees. Seat belts were that design to work effectively at such angles.
That's called ghetto style and you are absolutely right - it's plain stupid but they think they look cool.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 07:20 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mifesto
i dont get why anyone would NOT wear a seatbelt.. i mean it doesnt hamper your driving nor is it uncomfortable
Actually, if you are an older (older-older) driver and have gotten used to driving without seatbelt in the times where there were none or were not required, it's going to be uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I find it uncomfortable driving without one because I'm missing something and I don't feel secured enough in the seat.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SoR

On the other hand, I find it uncomfortable driving without one because I'm missing something and I don't feel secured enough in the seat.
I'm with you on that one Sasha, I agree too, I cant move my car without me putting my seatbelt on.

Quick Reply: Fatal Evo Crash