Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

NY Import Car Club?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2002, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, they seem very organized. I read their club objectives. Limit to 101 members but they only have 30+ now? And the requirements are kinda strict. But I think it's a really nice and cool team, I've actually seen them @ the meet point. Brooklyn. I think our team will be different I don't really see why there should be a limit as to how many members can join, I want to make it open to anyone interested. In terms of group activities I'm still working out the kinks like what events & stuff to do. But we most definately should/will hang out and just talk about it one day
Old Aug 22, 2002, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, that club is cool, I went to their meeting once....!!
I didn't join them but I attended their meeting & the meeting was fun, & they went for street racing after the meet which I didn't go...you guys should join their next meeting on Sept to see how they are......
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:04 PM

Any body in the mid-hudson valley? maybe the armpit of NY?
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:06 PM

I love this little guy.....
Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

should've seen this earlier..

< That is the man!...lol

YO best idea i've heard. I'm in Queens,NY. I'm in my own autoclub myself already. But being in other's wouldn't hurt.
Currently my crew..DameEspacia/Dynamic Era are pushing abourt 4 cars so far. small group but could grow.

Put me Down for this new CREW.... and if a name happens to come up let me know,. i'll have other *****s with their whips come down. I got a White Lancer . Maybe ya with your own lancers have seen me. put me down ReiniLancer
Old Aug 23, 2002, 02:14 AM

Awesome, it's growing!(*I mean the team hehehe*) anyways,

1.the name is still open, but I realize the significance of a name so I'm going to put a time limit on this. We'll have a name by next weekend. So if you guys have any ideas please feel free to share. So far I came up with
a)Redline(either Autosports or Team Redline)
b)Red Suns(I know it's not original but it kinda sounds cool!, I've added a logo underneath, like I said I'm still open to suggestions)
c)Hint: remember this team being formed is open to everyone regardless of race or creed, so try and keep the names from being partial to any race or creed.

2.About the meeting, I realize most college students are going back to school this week, so I'm thinking, I could coordinate with everyone this weekend and take down names & locations, and I'll make a midpoint that hopefully everyone can agree on to meet up the following week.

3. I'm still open to ideas as to which direction the team is going to go, any ideas or suggestions will be great. If any of you has had prior team/crew/club experience it'd be nice to hear about how they've been operated and we'll see where we go from there.

4. One thing you guys should know, I've been an officier of logistics back in H.S and I've also been a Secretary of Stats in college club, so I know a few things about the structure of a club, but I'm still open to ideas. I'm still a n00b about cars but I'm learning more and more, and that's what I'd like to see and share with you all.

Btw, I have some friends in Brooklyn, I think I might go see what Charisma team is about, I don't think I'll be joining them because I want to focus on one team first
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2002, 02:22 AM

I wanna welcome you guys, I know it's not official yet since we haven't met yet but I'm glad you guys are in for it.

1.OZBOTS
2.Lancer03
3.Celm
4.Stumpy221
5.OZrecnaL
6.Wallesasuaz

More people are welcome!
I'll be contacting you guys either through aim or email this coming weekend. We'll try and find a mid point.

P.S Remember it's not exclusively Lancer cars, so if you have friends bring'em along.

P.S.S I think it'd be so cool to see 7 lancers all going in a line on the highway, haha
Old Aug 23, 2002, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by OZrecnaL
Any body in the mid-hudson valley? maybe the armpit of NY?
I am not in the mid hudson valley (not sure) but.... I might be the closest. What cities are near you? I think I would probably be more north of you though.

For the club decal, is it going to be a windshield banner or a smaller one that can be put one the side skirts or on the doors?

BTW, a group of Lancers and other tuned cars cruising together would be oh so sweet

Last edited by Lancer03; Aug 23, 2002 at 04:08 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 05:03 AM
Account Disabled

the web site is not working
Old Aug 23, 2002, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Celm
the web site is not working
Which website?
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:16 AM

nobody has any ideas for a name? My friend is saying for the window, but I'm thinking on the side of the car... The title is still undecided... As for Clem, I'll have an answer to who lives near you by Mon. or Sun.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm mid-hudson area. Outside of peekskill,and work right near ossining. Thats a cool name I also like TEAM REDLINE alot.:thumbsup:
Old Aug 23, 2002, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Team Redline, Redline Autoclub, Redline Autosports, Redline something
Old Aug 23, 2002, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I would place my vote for a side of the car decal and happily put one on, but window... Maybe both and people could just decide what they wanted more and use it
Old Aug 23, 2002, 11:04 AM

yeah that sounds very reasonable, We'll make either one depending on the person's interest. Good idea! Okay so I've got 3 votes for Redline Autosports. Nobody like Red Suns huh?

Btw, Anybody else see this post? http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...0429#post90429
JDM grill, it looks kinda nice. I think I might get it

Quick Reply: NY Import Car Club?