Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

NYS Troopers' Undercover car!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mohseen87
a buddy of mine tells me they got an STI cop in china town.... is that true?
Yeah, he's a cop that owns the STI. I've seen him a few times. He usually parks on Bayard St. between Mott and Elizabeth St. Haven't seen him in awhile, though. Maybe he transferred.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz

Last but no least.... UnderCover STI

umm thats a legacy GT
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

Was gonna say the same thing. Read an article in I think Sport Copact Car. Being as how this car is in Washington state, it peaked my curiousity. One of the spokesmen for that police dept. was saying how they wanted an AWD car with good power and handling. They should trade it for an Evo and see how that "handles."
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
umm thats a legacy GT
so? lol
Old Apr 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
sorry, i typed it out quickly. it was failure to obey a traffic control device.. or something like that.. but they didnt write me for speeding over 100mph which was very cool.
you got a road-side reduction. failure to obey a traffic control device is a 2 point infraction instead of the 8 point speed you could have been written for. sounds like the officer did that in hopes you wouldn't plead not guilty and go to court. what you allegedly did doesn't make you guilty of failing to obey a traffic control device. if you haven't already plead guilty, you should plead not guilty and try to get it reduced if possible. imo you should never plead guilty to any ticket you receive withou first trying to plea bargain it.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

the cop taxi in chinatown is 6W61 , just in case anybody wants to know, and there is an undercover integra in chinatown as well
Old Apr 10, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
Not NY, but close enough....lol

I live in WA and this scares me!!!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by legal-z
you got a road-side reduction. failure to obey a traffic control device is a 2 point infraction instead of the 8 point speed you could have been written for. sounds like the officer did that in hopes you wouldn't plead not guilty and go to court. what you allegedly did doesn't make you guilty of failing to obey a traffic control device. if you haven't already plead guilty, you should plead not guilty and try to get it reduced if possible. imo you should never plead guilty to any ticket you receive withou first trying to plea bargain it.

thank you for the advice.. that ticket was years ago.. probably at least 4, so its off my license already.. and the way i saw it was i was breaking the law and i already caught a break. i didnt want to temp fate and try to get a bigger break. if i went to court the cops would have said they originally pulled me over for doing over 100 and the judge probably would have looked at me like i was crazy for looking to get a bigger break. plus it was on the island and i live in upper westchester and i didnt feel like having to go down there for court anyway. but thanks again for the advice.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

hmmmm sounds fishy to me. Cause back at EXIT 3 its still considered NJ. up to exit 4 or 5 is NY STATE. maybe a NY STATE TROOPER waited till u crossed the BORDER. thats the only explanation.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 03:14 PM

+1 to what he said...

Exit 3 is well into NJ and exit 6 well into NY.. no NJ cop would go that far, they can pull you over on the other side but not 3 exits down...
Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

I saw an UC Hemi Charger with someone pulled over... Pretty sure it was a trooper from the hat he was wearing...