Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Driving school event - Poconos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving school event - Poconos OCT 2nd TOMORROW!!

I'm going Oct 2nd with PDA driving school. I've run with them with previous cars and they are great and very safe and very instructive.. Lots of fun and the next best thing to a skip barber class. can't wait to see what the evo will do!

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/schedules/index.jsp

Last edited by Lordmythic; Oct 1, 2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:31 PM

i am thinking about joining you. Do you need to have a magnetic number on your car?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

do we have to sleep there if we go for that one day? How long is the drive? I'm SERIOUSLY considering it
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowFever
do we have to sleep there if we go for that one day? How long is the drive? I'm SERIOUSLY considering it
Joel, you better take off those winter tires! Of course, it will soon be time to put them back on after!
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:59 AM

You don't need anything except a safe car (to pass tech) and a newer helmet. They write numbers using the white marker like in etown ..easy to come off..

of course a safety harness is recommended ...race tires.. tape to tape off your headlights so they don't crack if a rock/pebble hits it .. like an autox event just longer and bigger scale.

Its like doing an autox event with SCCA ...when your not running you work corners with flags and walkie talkie...and its fun ...you don't have to run to pick up cones or anything but if you see a car leaking oil or driving crazy or something you have to call it in or black flag the driver..

The drive to pocono is no more than 2 hours from us I think ... you don't have to sleep over if you don't want to .. I'll prolly just do the saturday event ..drive there and back. most people who sleep over are doing both days or have driven a long distance.

I suggest at least coming to watch if your interested.. you might even get to be a passenger in one of the advanced classes.. I used to run in intermediate before when I had a slower car (neon acr) but I think I might run advanced this time ..

If you have any questions you can email me at lordmythic@yahoo.com ..
Old Sep 30, 2004, 09:25 AM

BUMP

For those tired of going to Etown.. TECH starts early ..like 730 am.. I think I'm leaving my house at around 5am-530am to get there by tech time (I forget how far the track is again)

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/