Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Last track day for the year, new parts installed.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last track day for the year, new parts installed.

Headed to the track tomorrow at Pacific Raceways for what is most likely the last track event for the year. I installed a set of JIC coilovers and a Perrin swaybar set to the soft setting for now. I also put on some Ferodo DS3000 pads and found that after 5800 miles my stock pads are almost totally gone! Ouch. I didn't realize that the coilovers came with camber plates, which is pretty cool. Overall I really like the feel of the car now and it handles even better than stock without a hint of body roll, yet. What I like even better is that my car no longer looks like a 4X4. I also made a kind of cheap mount for my digi-cam so hopefully some video will turn out that I can post up from the track day.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wish I had know about this event.
rats.

well let us know how it went
Old Dec 12, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I went out to the track and watched Kyle go round. the guy knows how to drive. he's got a nice looking grey evo that was moving up on all the cars in front of him.

I got to join the session, so I had a chance to drive with my new roll bar and harness. didn't get to test them out.

Kyle and I drove in different run groups, so I can still hope he's not faster than me.

there were some nice looking STIs there too.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice meeting you, glad that at least one other Evo showed up for the day. There were a lot of STI's, porsche's, a viper, and numerous vetters. A Lotus Elise also showed up along with another imported Lotus (not sure of the specifics). I caught some video of one lap with a Porsche GT3 and the Lotus:

http://www.kylerice.com/video

Please right click and 'save-as'

Originally Posted by nothere
well I went out to the track and watched Kyle go round. the guy knows how to drive. he's got a nice looking grey evo that was moving up on all the cars in front of him.

I got to join the session, so I had a chance to drive with my new roll bar and harness. didn't get to test them out.

Kyle and I drove in different run groups, so I can still hope he's not faster than me.

there were some nice looking STIs there too.