Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Oregon Trail Rally, anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Oregon Trail Rally, anyone going?

Is anyone going to the Oregon Trail Rally at PIR this friday?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is a thread going on the subaru boards about how they need help(more volunteers). i have never been, but i've always thought it would be fun. i may end up going, not sure though.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be there servicing for my good friend Derek Bottles in a Grp2 Golf and Claire Chizma (co-driver) in a brand new open class EvoVIII. Swing by if you get a chance.
Greg
Old Apr 19, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I was going to go, then I got informed I have to go to Edmonton for work. I will be attending Rim of the World in Lancaster Cali the 1st week end of May and I'll be driving my car!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 03:26 PM

Should be a really fun time. Some big names showing up at the rally (Travis Pastrana, Stig Blomqvist , etc).

If it wasn't for rally, you'd never have the Evo (or STi, I know). Pay your respect. If you've never seen a rally, believe me, once you go once, you'll go again and again.

If you need more info check:

www.oregontrailrally.com

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750786

Last edited by Apisatrox; Apr 19, 2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 06:07 PM
RBK

If you can only make it for Friday nights stages you will be hooked. Rally is adictive. Started out just watching, then went to working events, to competing, and to helping organize and trips to WRC events like Mexico.

Great people, and at lot of car nuts.

I going. Will be spending the weekend co-driving in a RX-7 second gen turbo, car 277.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Talking Oregon Trail Rally 2005

Good to see some Evos attending (and competing) in the event. Parked next to a Red street car at park expose, and was behind a Grey MR on transit to Saturday afternoon stages. Also a Black Evo and a Silver Greddy Evo car at the Toll road spectator stage area. There seemed to be a zillion Subaru STIs, there too. Check out a Rally America event, if you get the chance, might inspire you to put that Evo in the action.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grey MR was me. I saw an evo behind me on the transit.

Jardevall's blue and yellow evo IV took 3rd overall in pro class. Not bad for a true privateer...
Old Apr 25, 2005, 05:58 PM

did anyone get pictures? This would have been interesting to see.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Park Expose: OTR 2005 Saturday

The aforementioned Amy Beber Vanzo / Clair Chizma 2005 Evolution at the Stadium, it still looked this pristine during stage 11! And a Evolution VII which would be running further up the order later on Saturday. The Media had the best vantage points at the stages, Do'h, so no good racing photos to post.
Attached Thumbnails Oregon Trail Rally, anyone going?-otr2005_006net.jpg   Oregon Trail Rally, anyone going?-otr2005_033net.jpg  
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:03 AM

The Rally was outstanding. Definately Subaru country, but it was nice to see a few of us representing. I saw your MR Greg K. I was the Tarmac VIII parked in the grass at PIR. I got a few good pics on the second day at the Hair-pin. I had to stand on a hay bail to get some of the shots. I'll try to post some here in a little bit, but until then action can be viewed here

www.rally-america.com/Update/day/day_index.html

There are some action shots and an in-car video of several stages.

Anyone else at the hair-pin on Saturday and see the RX-7 almost take out some spectators. How about the visit from Patrick and Nathalie Richard after the break down? For the record Nathalie Richard is Hot.

Anyone else check out the other spectator areas? I'd be curious to get another perspective.

Also thanks again to "Zues" (I think thats your name), a fellow Evolutionm member who hooked me up with a Nice EVO VIII decal after the race.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 04:15 PM

well, at least you got some pics. thanks guys!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:17 PM

I saw the RX-7 incident. It sucked that they wouldn't let us push it. That one that lost reverse too. I was thrilled to see that GTX pull it out. I knew he would,.... us GTX people are just cool like that.