Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Best Buy Warning

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy Warning

Well today I went into to Best buy to replace my subs because i managed to blow them again.

They told me they couldn't replace them because the speaker was outside the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Well I had purchased there 4 year replacement psp plan to protect me for 4 year right?? WRONG!!

Well after the 1 year warranty the 4 year psp replacement warranty is void as well... so when they convince you to buy the warranty so your good for 4 years... there just pocketing your money...

don't buy the 2/4 year coverage plans at best buy unless your looking to waste $40 +...

if there is anyone here that knows anything about this... or works there an knows something let me know whats going on with this bull****!!!!
Old May 25, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't you contact the regional manager. If that dont' work, contact Best Buy Corporate.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know about car audio stuff, but when I got my PS2 from Best Buy, I got the 2 year warranty through Best Buy. Then about 1 year after, the thing quit on me, so I took it back. I showed them the warranty papers and they gave me a brand new PS2 on the spot. Maybe it was just some cranky store manager ?
Old May 25, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that...after being screwed by best buy's protection plan too many times I don't even shop there anymore. Try the other guys advice, I work at corporate for a major retailer and I know that when complaints get brought up to the store level manager or district manager you usually get your problem resolved. I don't know in best buys case though, the last time they screwed me I called and wrote the district manager and new got a response. I even threatened to have my story run in the chicago market tv news, since my friend works there. Still no response, so they get no more of my money. Hope all works out for you
Old May 25, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

i bet if you go in there yelling so other customers can hear the problem they will replace them!
best buy sucks anyways!
CCity
Old May 25, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

I asked the manager if anything in the store has a manufacturer's warranty of 4 years or longer and he flat out said "no"... I then asked then why sell a 4 year extended service plan if its not going to cover the product for 4 years... he wouldn't answer me... the old lady in line behind... started nodding when i asked him that...

I was going to submit something to the better business bureau... I think I might contact the corporate place in Minnesota first...

Last edited by Optimus; May 25, 2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

I used to work for best buy and they do suck. The psp should work like this. You can blow your subs as many times as you want and get them replaced by the psp within the period of the original manufacturers warranty however long that , may be. But once the manufacturers warranty runs out, in your case 1 year, then for 3 additional years each speaker is covered only ONE time. That means if you blow em One time after the original warranty expires but within the remainder of the psp, you can have them replaced but then the psp is finished. At that time, you should be able to re-purchase the psp on the new speakers and continue the cylce again. But at the store I worked at, if you were a cool polite customer, we would swap em out for the entire 4 years. We didnt care.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen numerous report regarding best buy and it's return policy and store policies in general. They have a lot of stuff in their fine print to screw with thier customers. Doesn't hurt to write the BBB and file a complaint
Evolving Member

i was cool as hell until the lady got all pissy with me... so i just asked for the manager and he was a dick as well... not sure what his problem was...
Evolved Member

Check the fine print on the psp brochure, it should be clearly confusingly stated in there somewhere!!
Old May 25, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Go to another best buy and try to have them swap it out.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

i did... it says it covers up to the manufacturer's warranty and then after that it is void... so why sell a 4 year extended warranty when it really only covers it for the manufacturer's?? I could have sent the speakers into RF and got them replaced/fixed for free within the manufacturer's warranty... so its a ripoff and false advertisement
Old May 25, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

might try that...
Old May 25, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I say send that fine print and your story to the BBB and get it on file, if it doesn't help you out right now at least it will help others down the road. Just spend your money somewhere else and tell all your friends to do the same

Originally Posted by Optimus
i did... it says it covers up to the manufacturer's warranty and then after that it is void... so why sell a 4 year extended warranty when it really only covers it for the manufacturer's?? I could have sent the speakers into RF and got them replaced/fixed for free within the manufacturer's warranty... so its a ripoff and false advertisement
Old May 25, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Optimus
Does it say its void after one more use outside the manufacturers's warranty or "void, period, end of story" once the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Quick Reply: Best Buy Warning