Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

PAC NW meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005 | 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

If there is enough intrest it's not that bad to rent out a track for roadracing. Spokane or Bremerton would probably be cheapest. I've never run Bremerton, but I know Spokane is a fun track, it's long straight gives your car a good chance to cool down also. I'm not sure what the requirements are for previous track experience, or if there are any at all.
If we do not rent out a track there are a ton of events that we could run at anytime and during most clubs days driving instructors are available.

How many people would be seriously intrested in doing a track day?
Keep in mind that you will need to get some brake pads that are up to the temperature, bleed out your regular brake fluid (I like motul 600 personally), and many performance tire can chunk if they get to hot. It's nowhere near as cheap as dragracing, but it's much more fun.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

I'd be in!
Old Oct 12, 2005 | 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

I have a heard a little about the track in spokane, people that i have talked to says it is a really fun track. You may need experience or have to ride with an instructor, but i am not sure how that works.
Old Oct 13, 2005 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

How bout Evo look alikes? Im the only Evo 6 wannabe in the NW!
Old Oct 13, 2005 | 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Spokane is a good track, but has some potentially bad run-off areas if you are not careful. Bremerton would basically be like a big auto-x setup with cones going along the airstrip. The surface is a bit bumpy in a few spots, but not too many areas to get into trouble though I have seen it happen. I think the big thing for doing a track day is getting the insurance for the event, possibly instructors for people that haven't done one before, corner workers, signing waivers...etc.
Old Oct 13, 2005 | 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NDgsx
If there is enough intrest it's not that bad to rent out a track for roadracing. Spokane or Bremerton would probably be cheapest. I've never run Bremerton, but I know Spokane is a fun track, it's long straight gives your car a good chance to cool down also. I'm not sure what the requirements are for previous track experience, or if there are any at all.
If we do not rent out a track there are a ton of events that we could run at anytime and during most clubs days driving instructors are available.

How many people would be seriously intrested in doing a track day?
Keep in mind that you will need to get some brake pads that are up to the temperature, bleed out your regular brake fluid (I like motul 600 personally), and many performance tire can chunk if they get to hot. It's nowhere near as cheap as dragracing, but it's much more fun.
I can rent Spokane for $100 per day per person, we need at least 10 people. It's a great track, but personally, you NEED to know how to drive your car at speed. Other wise we will have a FEW balled up EVO's out there.

Pacific Raceways is also not expensive for a weekday, but will most likely cost about $250 per person.
Old Oct 13, 2005 | 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah there are some nasty runoffs at spokane, I wouldn't want to run off turn two for example. That braking zone before, I believe it's turn 5, the one with a late apex, can be tricky where the road drops off. I locked up there once.
If we want to do it with less liability we could also do a FATT day over there, that way instructors are provided also.