Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

PAC NW meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2005 | 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

PAC NW meet

this came to mind today, i've been following supras around for some while now, since my buddy got his, and every year...they have a pacific NW meet throughout the PAC NW, and they do a dyno day, drag racing, and some other events, and i was thinking that it would be bad *** if somebody set something up like this for the evo community in the NW....maybe if there is enough interest, we can have next spring or summer or something...and we can have some cool events, like drag racing, a track day and a dyno day...or something along those lines....hopefully there will be alot of interest and we can get this off the ground...
Old Oct 9, 2005 | 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

we are holding another 'We Ride' next weekend. Nothing really huge (we've had some problems in the past with too many vehicles), but we'll be going out for a day of great driving. Check the NW section for details.
Old Oct 9, 2005 | 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
we are holding another 'We Ride' next weekend. Nothing really huge (we've had some problems in the past with too many vehicles), but we'll be going out for a day of great driving. Check the NW section for details.

thats cool, but i meant like making it like a whole weekend event, so it can make it worthwhile for those of us who have to travel far worth it...
Old Oct 10, 2005 | 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

oh damn, just looked at your location. Yeah, that'd be a long way to come for a 6 hour drive
Old Oct 10, 2005 | 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'd do open track/drag days, but I doubt I'll do any drives.
Old Oct 10, 2005 | 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

We should orgainize an all EVO meet for the region. A full weekend with events and whatnot would be awsome. I would be willing to help organize an event like this but would need others to help as well. We first need to gauge interest. Then we would have to come up with a Date and Location. Then we would need to know what kind of events we would like to have ie car show, auto x, vendors, etc,,,,,
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

I think it sounds like a great idea, and would definatly participate. If you have the resources i'll even help set the thing up.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by haze1995
We should orgainize an all EVO meet for the region. A full weekend with events and whatnot would be awsome. I would be willing to help organize an event like this but would need others to help as well. We first need to gauge interest. Then we would have to come up with a Date and Location. Then we would need to know what kind of events we would like to have ie car show, auto x, vendors, etc,,,,,

that was the point i was trying to get accross but this would definatly be something i'd be willing to make a weekend trip out of...count me in, but there is nothing cool in idaho, so i say we make it like in either portland or seattle...somewhere were they'll be awd dyno's and road courses....count me in
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

I vote for a group track day.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

With all this said,,,, Some sort of blanket proposal will have to be drawn up to submit to businesses that you would like to be envolved in this event. If we are planning for this coming up summer time frame it would be a good idea to start this as soon as possible. I personally have never organized an event such as this. So my next question is going to need some expertise. How do you plan on getting funding for this? If your planning to have a reasonably big event this could get expensive!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

You figure it out haze, you seem like a good man for the job lol. I think we should jus have a track day, like at pacific raceway in seattle. They got road course and a strip. Screw dyno
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

I would love to figure this out but its a little bigger than one person. Plus I am deployed right now and would not be able to help much. Any ideas would be appreciated???? Oh and far as the Dyno goes, Axiom has a portable Dyna Pak.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Track day would rock! I'd try my darndest to get there for sure.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zemo
Track day would rock! I'd try my darndest to get there for sure.
hey zemo are you gonna make it to the sunday 16 drive?
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

If I did, it'd be a miracle! My transmission is being worked on by Team Rip Engineering right now, and I don't think my Exedy Twin clutch will be here for at least another week and a half!

Quick Reply: PAC NW meet