Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Front License plate holder needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been with out for one year. No problem, but I'm moving down south and its time to put it on. I've got a clean record, and need to keep it that way.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:07 PM

I've left my licence plate and holder in wrapper placed in my trunck since I bought it new. I haven't had any trouble yet but my excuse is i'm headed to ace hardware for some mounting brackets.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:06 PM

I haven't had an problems with the cops yet... (probably just jinxed by posting in this thread )

I did get pulled over in my old Integra once, but I told the cop I was heading home from a car show (which was true, but I wasn't in the show, just browsing). They let me off.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 02:09 AM

I have mine sitting in the trunk w/ all the hardware.. of course when I finally get pulled over I'll need it back. j00 r from teh bellingham, near my hometown. HOMETOWN LUVIN SUCKA.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just looked for the bracket, can't find it.
Somebody else help this guy out please.

sorry,
Bruce
Old Oct 30, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

i stuffed mine in the drivers side vent hole thing in the bumper. it requires taking the bumper off and some cutting of the front plate. daily driver for one year no problems yet. i live in a small city were there are more cops than the population. I dont have a pic anymore and i am currently in india. I have not seen it done before
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jd323
I've left my licence plate and holder in wrapper placed in my trunck since I bought it new. I haven't had any trouble yet but my excuse is i'm headed to ace hardware for some mounting brackets.
good idea...

I was just wondering what would happen if you dont have one? How much is the ticket anyone know?
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:03 AM

I think its 101 now.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

If your bumper hasn't been drilled into yet, then you can state that the car was purchased from Pennsylvania (they have no front license plate). You know that WA state law says you can not modify your bumper (cop will know this one), so you have been unsure how to actually attatch it.

The ticket is $101. Been given it twice on my 2g. Once I just used the car show excuse and the other time I got a friends garage to sign off on the fix it ticket.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

so how can you get away with this? Just tell them you got your car form pennsylvania?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

You say you purchased it there (a lot of ppl do stuff like this). They won't know whether you did or not...but if they know Pennsylvania, they know they don't have front plates.
I've only used it once. I had a friend tell me about it because that's what he did. I figured it couldn't hurt to try. But I've only been pulled over a couple times about this, sooooooo I can't tell you if it will work on every cop. There are those out there that will get you a ticket for whatever to justify the job. If it doesn't work then go to plan B - get the fix it ticket signed off by a garage you know. Again something I've done.

Last edited by Joey B; Oct 31, 2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:33 PM

I've had my Evo for almost 2yrs w/ no front plate, and have never been pulled over or ticketed. I also have a Jeep I've had for about 5yrs w/ no front plate, also never been pulled over or ticketed. I guess...just don't get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you'll be fine.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evocamiviii
I've had my Evo for almost 2yrs w/ no front plate, and have never been pulled over or ticketed. I also have a Jeep I've had for about 5yrs w/ no front plate, also never been pulled over or ticketed. I guess...just don't get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you'll be fine.
Ahhh crap!...I was signed in under my wife's Log-In. oops
Old Nov 1, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jo & Joey
You say you purchased it there (a lot of ppl do stuff like this). They won't know whether you did or not...but if they know Pennsylvania, they know they don't have front plates.
I've only used it once. I had a friend tell me about it because that's what he did. I figured it couldn't hurt to try. But I've only been pulled over a couple times about this, sooooooo I can't tell you if it will work on every cop. There are those out there that will get you a ticket for whatever to justify the job. If it doesn't work then go to plan B - get the fix it ticket signed off by a garage you know. Again something I've done.
cool thanks. Does anyone know if this will go on your record or if they'll be able to bring it up again?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MAVERICKVIII
Ahhh crap!...I was signed in under my wife's Log-In. oops
HA HA Dave!! ^^^ You keep rollin partner in your wifes Jeep!! HA HA!!!