Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Where would I find that patch? And would I have to get a fill tune and include that flash on my factory computer? I don't have anything special in the computer area.

I know nothing about import cars. I owned two corvettes and got major gains with just bolt ons and a chip. Now that I have to get the computer tuned for fuel, air, this, and that, I am lost in the sauce.
No need for a tune if all your doing is applying a patch. But........ There's always a but isn't there? You need a laptop and a Tactrix ($130)cable. The code for the patch is available in the ECUFLash subforum of engine management/tuning (evo 1-9). You would have to hook up the cable to car and pc, download you rom from your car, add the extra lines of code and reflash your car. You need to download ecuflash (free) to flash your car, and then download evoscan ($25) to do some datatlogging. The ECUflash has tons of info in there just search around the various threads and you'll stumble on really cool ****. The ECU dissamblers have almost eliminated the need of a standalone ecu. I'm not the smartest person about ECU's but I could try and help you with that.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:49 PM

I have a question for everyone that reads this thread...... I was wondering if anyone on here bought an EVO IX with sun roof and Infinaty sound from the dodge dealer or any lithia place here in Anchorage this past winter.
i bought mine from anchorage Chrysler dodge this past winter but no sun roof it black why whats wrong with that car if any thing
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Buddlight
No need for a tune if all your doing is applying a patch. But........ There's always a but isn't there? You need a laptop and a Tactrix ($130)cable. The code for the patch is available in the ECUFLash subforum of engine management/tuning (evo 1-9). You would have to hook up the cable to car and pc, download you rom from your car, add the extra lines of code and reflash your car. You need to download ecuflash (free) to flash your car, and then download evoscan ($25) to do some datatlogging. The ECUflash has tons of info in there just search around the various threads and you'll stumble on really cool ****. The ECU dissamblers have almost eliminated the need of a standalone ecu. I'm not the smartest person about ECU's but I could try and help you with that.
Thanks man. I will do some research and I will probably end up asking you for help anyways. Everything from "download ecu flash" to "stand alone" was as if you were speaking portuguese to me. But as I said, I will read some. Thanks again.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by texmex
i bought mine from anchorage Chrysler dodge this past winter but no sun roof it black why whats wrong with that car if any thing
Nothing is wrong with it. The one I am wondering about is silver and its my old one. I have the same one now, its just blue. I am just wondering thats all. Wish I didn't get rid of it. I like the silver. When I got rid of it, it had 6000 miles on it. Dumbest move I made.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:05 PM

uh oh, sounds like we need to have a get together saturday. and congrats on the alaska page reaching the big three digits. yaaaaaayyy
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddlight

If you have a test pipe, you can put the sensor where the O2 sensor went. Need to run the heater patch/TephraMod though.
Optimal position for your wideband sensor is approx. 12-15" from your turbo. The stock o2 sensor is too far away.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
Optimal position for your wideband sensor is approx. 12-15" from your turbo. The stock o2 sensor is too far away.
True, true. But not too bad for people not wanting to do the extra work required. Hell, their are people putting them there with the stock cat in, not to sure how accurate O2 readings would be.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't want to tune and rely on an AFR from that far away.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:15 AM

I wouldn't want to tune and rely on an AFR from that far away.
Good point
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:19 AM

So I did some research on this forum site and found out A LOT. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to tune your ride once you figure out what every freaking number means. Now all I need to get is a tractrix cable. I down loaded Evo Scan and ECU Flash. I also need to install my freaking guages. Hey Rusty, where did you order your radio reloaction kit? I searched on this forum but couldn't find a place that sold them. I found out how to put it in but that's about as far as I got. I also found out a way to get my Service Engine Light to turn off from my test pipe for like $5. That is if the trick I saw works.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:20 AM

I have another inquiry. Does it make that much of a difference if I have my test pipe on as opposed to my high flow cat?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

I have MR gauges in my car. The relocation kit was already in the car. www.mitsupartsman.com sells them. You'll hafta call them and get one.

As far as the anti-CEL...is that the spark plug fouler trick? I bought my CEL eliminator from EvoMoto.com

Once someone shows you how to use the program, ECUflash is easy to use.

A hi flow cat still has catalytic converter properties...a test pipe has none, so will be more prone to trip the CEL.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:52 AM

I have MR gauges in my car. The relocation kit was already in the car. www.mitsupartsman.com sells them. You'll hafta call them and get one.

As far as the anti-CEL...is that the spark plug fouler trick? I bought my CEL eliminator from EvoMoto.com

Once someone shows you how to use the program, ECUflash is easy to use.

A hi flow cat still has catalytic converter properties...a test pipe has none, so will be more prone to trip the CEL.
Yeah it's the fouler trick. Does it work? It looked a little bulky so I do t know if it will fit. I will look at the web site you listed and see what's up. You got to the track often right? What are the rules and fees for doing runs? I want to go this weekend an was toying with the idea of doing a run just to see what I get. I need to put the rest of those little parts in my car man. When is the next meet?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah it's the fouler trick. Does it work? It looked a little bulky so I do t know if it will fit. I will look at the web site you listed and see what's up. You got to the track often right? What are the rules and fees for doing runs? I want to go this weekend an was toying with the idea of doing a run just to see what I get. I need to put the rest of those little parts in my car man. When is the next meet?
The fouler works by taking the sensor out of the exhaust stream, therefore messing with it's readings. If the sensor doesn't see a difference in the exhaust before and after the cat it won't trigger a CEL. The eliminator I got does the same thing, but it's spliced in the wiring of the o2 sensor.

As far as the rules, I don't foresee you having any problems with the way you're set up. Just make sure there's no loose stuff in your car. Also you need a helmet that's Snell rated. It was $25 to run last Friday.

The next meet? Hmmm...dunno. I'd like to have one soon before the weather turns on us again.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 01:04 AM

The fouler works by taking the sensor out of the exhaust stream, therefore messing with it's readings. If the sensor doesn't see a difference in the exhaust before and after the cat it won't trigger a CEL. The eliminator I got does the same thing, but it's spliced in the wiring of the o2 sensor.

As far as the rules, I don't foresee you having any problems with the way you're set up. Just make sure there's no loose stuff in your car. Also you need a helmet that's Snell rated. It was $25 to run last Friday.

The next meet? Hmmm...dunno. I'd like to have one soon before the weather turns on us again.
Well that isn't bad ($25). I have three motorcycle helmets so I got the helmet thing covered. Just need to clean out the car.

Quick Reply: Alaska