Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
go to the track on the 5th guys.

We gotta be there to cheer on another one of us breaking into the 11s!

oh and for the rest of you to get there and run your shizzzz
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch is still going out not slipping bad yet just at launch all throw 1st gear but ill try to be there with my dad his coming in to town his a real big gear head and a big v8 guy i just want to show him what a evo can do
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Well I know that the silver 8 with graphics used to belong to Stanley of Stanley motors but sold it to someone (probably soldier) on Richardson. There is a white 8 with a JDM rear bumper that belongs to a pizza delivery guy. Don't know who they belong to so I was no help to you Rusty but I had to put my two cents in. On another note, I am going to be painting my wheels sometime soon before the weather gets real crappy or crappier.
The silver 8 belongs an AF intel kid, unless he sold it, used to work in my building. His friend told me he wanted to get a hatchback subaru exploder...I mean STY....I mean STI.

Rusty, you should post you ET for fastest stock turbo, you and HawaiiandudewithevoX would make the list. Hawaiiandude would be number two next to D. Buschur if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and the stock turbo time thread you requested on nasioc, I LOL'd when I saw that shiznit. So glad I got an EVO....

edit: Forgot Hawaiiandude has a Dom turbo.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 08:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by texmex
clutch is still going out not slipping bad yet just at launch all throw 1st gear but ill try to be there with my dad his coming in to town his a real big gear head and a big v8 guy i just want to show him what a evo can do
Sounds like you should send us a message on one of our clutch deals!

We have send many clutches to Anchorage, even tuned there in person.

Let us know if we can help!

TTP
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight

Rusty, you should post you ET for fastest stock turbo, you and HawaiiandudewithevoX would make the list. Hawaiiandude would be number two next to D. Buschur if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and the stock turbo time thread you requested on nasioc, I LOL'd when I saw that shiznit. So glad I got an EVO....

edit: Forgot Hawaiiandude has a Dom turbo.

I LOL'd at the stock turbo STi times too. An 11.7? seriously? That's the fastest? And I wonder just how at the end of that turbo efficiency that is?

I think the mods knew what my intentions were when I requested that thread on AKIC too...why else would they have locked it? LOL

And I've already posted in the "Fastest Stock turbo" times thread. You'll see I've requested to have myself added, but the moderator of the thread is slacking and hasn't added me yet. I'm nowhere near the top, but compared to some of what those guys are running (meth or E85) I'm doing pretty good for myself, I think. I know there's more in my setup and hopefully I can get a tuner up here, or have Nick take a look at my setup and see if there's anything I'm missing in my tune.

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Sounds like you should send us a message on one of our clutch deals!

We have send many clutches to Anchorage, even tuned there in person.

Let us know if we can help!

TTP

If we could get enough people interested to get you guys up here, I'd definitely be down. Thing is, I don't think there'd be enough people that would be able to commit to it to make it worth your time and money to make it reasonable for the guys who want to pay to get you up here.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
I LOL'd at the stock turbo STi times too. An 11.7? seriously? That's the fastest? And I wonder just how at the end of that turbo efficiency that is?

I think the mods knew what my intentions were when I requested that thread on AKIC too...why else would they have locked it? LOL

And I've already posted in the "Fastest Stock turbo" times thread. You'll see I've requested to have myself added, but the moderator of the thread is slacking and hasn't added me yet. I'm nowhere near the top, but compared to some of what those guys are running (meth or E85) I'm doing pretty good for myself, I think. I know there's more in my setup and hopefully I can get a tuner up here, or have Nick take a look at my setup and see if there's anything I'm missing in my tune.

If we could get enough people interested to get you guys up here, I'd definitely be down. Thing is, I don't think there'd be enough people that would be able to commit to it to make it worth your time and money to make it reasonable for the guys who want to pay to get you up here.
Well, we got two people interested...who else is down?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Location: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrcRS
Well, we got two people interested...who else is down?
Last time Scott (TTP) was up here back in July '07, it took about ten people to get this thing going. So that it makes it 8 more to go. I haven't mod since then so my tune is good for now.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:08 PM

yea i already sent ttp a message a week ago about getting them down here to tune they told me 10 people with deposites and they will come i was thinking on trying to get them here next summer to give people some time to put some more parts on there cars what about it yall is any one down to do this i know i am
Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:42 PM

Rusty- Yeah I knew exactly where you were going with that Top Turbo Times thread ....

Andrew- What is the exact cost per person if we get TTP up here for ten people? Do we pay for the tune + airfare and hotel? Also, we would best served if someone looks into getting ARP for a legal place to tune, as last time they were ripping up and down c st.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Rusty- Yeah I knew exactly where you were going with that Top Turbo Times thread ....

Andrew- What is the exact cost per person if we get TTP up here for ten people? Do we pay for the tune + airfare and hotel? Also, we would best served if someone looks into getting ARP for a legal place to tune, as last time they were ripping up and down c st.
I think we can flat rate it. I will have to check pricing on airfare and lodging. Not sure how the economy has affected AK and travel.

How bad can the economy in Alaska be when they pay you to live there?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I think we can flat rate it. I will have to check pricing on airfare and lodging. Not sure how the economy has affected AK and travel.

How bad can the economy in Alaska be when they pay you to live there?
Would you cut the price if we can come up with air-miles for a free ticket?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

That would be pretty cool. Yeah, its all about making financial sense.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:59 PM

When are you guys planing on having the TTP guy show up here? Next summer? And what does it all entail? Is it just a tune? Reason being, I still have to put my guages and the other electronics into my car. I need to quit procrastinating and put them in. I really want to do it myself since my car is my only car and I know that the shops are backed up forever. I figure if I turned my car in today to get it done, I would get it sometime next summer before I left Alaska.

On another note, I was watching videos on youtube from a guy called dnyoflash and he had a video of a 9 with I beleive 475 HP on a stock turbo. Do any of you guys know how many HP you can get on a stock turbo? Of course with mods and what not but with the stock turbo. Well gents, enough ranting. Take it easy fellas.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:59 PM

yea and my aunt works for continental air lines im sure she can cut a deal

so hows going to park lanes tonight me rusty and brandon are going if any one needs directions or want to go call me at 296-8259
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
When are you guys planing on having the TTP guy show up here? Next summer? And what does it all entail? Is it just a tune? Reason being, I still have to put my guages and the other electronics into my car. I need to quit procrastinating and put them in. I really want to do it myself since my car is my only car and I know that the shops are backed up forever. I figure if I turned my car in today to get it done, I would get it sometime next summer before I left Alaska.
We have been known to do installs in Alaska while we are there. We did methanol injection for Kalani last time on the AFI GT35R 06 MR on Cosworth M2 cams.

The car was over 500whp when we were done.

Quick Reply: Alaska