Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:09 PM

saw white evo ix at brown jug in front of the walmart on old seward i think he works there ive seen it there before looks clean
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

^You get your clutch yet? when we doing the install?
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by dkstas
Hahah...you do that and I'll trash my AMS front mount and custom fit an ebay one.
I forgot to say on pump 90 too Maybe I should shoot for just hitting high 11's or low 12's before shooting for low 11's. I guess watching you and Quik has given me visions of grandeur.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Underground pisses me off. I wanted to get something simple done and they can't get me in for two and a half months and they can't even book an appointment for me. It's BS. I can't stand Alaska.
Well.... they are super busy. Nick pretty much does all the installs there, I know Jeremiah helps out when he can, but 90% of the time Jeremiah is stuck at the front desk answering endless phone calls, so yeah Nick is pretty busy. Nick and 'Miah are great people who know what they are doing, Underground is the only place I will take my car.

If it's something simple lets get a meet together and install it! Between DKSTAS and Quikevo, (with me cheering them on since I can't even change my oil) we could get it done. Texmex needs a clutch installed as well, maybe install meet for you and him.....

Jasper- If you do sell it I got dibbs.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

^What's your setup anyways? Looks like you have a CBRD or something like that stenciled on your FMIC, that can't be EBAY right? Lol.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

here's evans info:

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/

And fack. You said 90 octane. I was fine with pump gas, since I can get 101 out the pump in Palmer. If I beat you pump for pump Evan, I will smack you. The fastest I ran on pump was 12.5. I haven't ran on pump at the track for about 2 years.

As far as Underground, I'd call around some machine shops, or an exhaust shop that can weld. Hell, even post on AKIC or AKMS. I'm sure someone can set you up with bungs.

I ordered some go-fast stuff recently, and I'll hit up Underground for advice and things, but I'll be doing the install myself. I'm not waiting and I'm not going to pay for something I'm sure I can take care up myself.

If we all need to do an install meet, I'm down. Just give me a heads up so I can take off work (both jobs)

I'll be at the track on the 19th for sure.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:41 PM

^What's your setup anyways? Looks like you have a CBRD or something like that stenciled on your FMIC, that can't be EBAY right? Lol.
WAT!?! That says EBay not CBRD, never even heard of CBRD before. Do they make good parts?

I just got a TBE, FMIC, MBC and one step colder plugs . I heard with that setup I would dyno somewhere around 385-400 on pump gas at 26 psi.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

^Damn man, you got a lot of patience. Whats the hold up? still waiting on more parts, or is Underground that busy? I'm a start my build late september, I hope to get kicked off the track next year w/ a 11.49 or quicker, lol.
The MR2 is pretty much ****ing up stuff up there man. Its been there over 2 years and still doesn't have all his parts in. I was right behind him so i gotta wait. My motor blew right when his car was already in. All my parts are in, i just need nick to install and retune it on strictly 109 VP. No more Torco for me.

My fastest pump gas run was 12.4 @116mph, on just a Jestr flash no retuning done on the map what so ever. Not even any logging. It should have broken into 11's but it was my first outing at the track. Think i was still on the stock clutch then too.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Well, Jasper I'll be waiting if you decide to part out. lol
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

What you planning for the X in september?

Part out? Naw, if i sell it i'm trying to get rid of it all at one time. We'll see though, hopefully when i get it back it'll be worth all the wait.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Qwik you still running the MS109 from Hales? Do they come in 5 gal pails or do I just show up with my gas can?
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
here's evans info:

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/

And fack. You said 90 octane. I was fine with pump gas, since I can get 101 out the pump in Palmer. If I beat you pump for pump Evan, I will smack you. The fastest I ran on pump was 12.5. I haven't ran on pump at the track for about 2 years.

I'll be at the track on the 19th for sure.
Thanks for the website Rusty, I'll have to check those guys out!

I also said pump map, but I might as well let you smack me now since I've never been to the track before.

Last edited by Buddlight; Aug 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: bad engrish
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

You sold that Green a while back right?

Did the LICP go with the AMS front mount? I did a trade with the dude who bought your FMIC the other day and I saw it on his car. I'm still kicking my own *** for procrastinating so long on that. I'm sure my car needs it more than his...lol
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
What you planning for the X in september?

Part out? Naw, if i sell it i'm trying to get rid of it all at one time. We'll see though, hopefully when i get it back it'll be worth all the wait.
As of right now the plan is to pull the engine, and fit it with some Manley Rods w/ Buschur Spec'd JE pistons, cosworth head gasket, cosworth headstuds, I had the Kelford stage 2 cams on order, but they're back ordered till who knows when, so probably some cossie cams w/ springs and retainers. And a slew of other bolt-ons, lol.
Old Aug 6, 2009 | 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Qwik you still running the MS109 from Hales? Do they come in 5 gal pails or do I just show up with my gas can?
Yep. Just show up with your can and Richard will fill ya up.

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Thanks for the website Rusty, I'll have to check those guys out!

I also said pump map, but I might as well let you smack me now since I've never been to the track before.
Evan, you can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter. LOL

I don't think I can do a pump map on 90 dude. My sh*t'll blow up. I'm still on a way agressive 91 tune. That's why I mix that 101 in to give me a little room to play with my pump tune.

Quick Reply: Alaska