Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Install some guages (boost/boost controller, wide band o2, egt w/ probe) and adjust the boost and do a tune. I know that I could do that myself but I want to spend the money to get more bang for my buck. But it's just frustrating. There isn't an all wheel dyno that people can use other than students at UAA, there are limited shops that are booked because of the lack of shops, supply and demand has the prices jacked up high cause they can since they are the only ones in Alaska, youngsters working on my car just cause they know how to use a program on a computer (I could do the same if I sat there and read it over and over until I understood it), everyone and their brother with a car has it in the shop or is already in line so the common man like myself is screwed from getting antyhing done even though I am willing to pay the outragous price. I just don't like Alaska and its lack of everything.
The main point of your rant sir, is what has convinced me I'm doing my 4 here and calling it good.

I'm severely glad my car was already modded the way it is before I came up here. Now I understand why it's so difficult to be so fast up here.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love Alaska, lol.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ndnbennyb
Install some guages (boost/boost controller, wide band o2, egt w/ probe) and adjust the boost and do a tune. I know that I could do that myself but I want to spend the money to get more bang for my buck. But it's just frustrating. There isn't an all wheel dyno that people can use other than students at UAA, there are limited shops that are booked because of the lack of shops, supply and demand has the prices jacked up high cause they can since they are the only ones in Alaska, youngsters working on my car just cause they know how to use a program on a computer (I could do the same if I sat there and read it over and over until I understood it), everyone and their brother with a car has it in the shop or is already in line so the common man like myself is screwed from getting antyhing done even though I am willing to pay the outragous price. I just don't like Alaska and its lack of everything.
Prices aren't that bad. Underground got pretty hectic after Chris quit last year and they already had my car, mr2, mustang, sti's, and a few others waiting for motors to be dropped in. They never really recovered even when they had Ian working there. Now Ian is gone and it's just Nick and Miah.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

...and it doesn't help Underground's the only "speed shop" in town.

Ok, and you guys tuning with the Tephra mod. Who's doing it? And do you know what you're doing? I can read threads all day long, but I need someone to show me wtf to do. I bet I can knock down my e/t's considerably with the NLTS, but I'm not ready to FUBAR my tune.

Plus I want that map-switching on the fly too.

Anyone?

Last edited by QwikEVO; Aug 7, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
...and it doesn't help Underground's the only "speed shop" in town.

Ok, and you guys tuning with the Tephra mod. Who's doing it? And do you know what you're doing? I can read threads all day long, but I need someone to show me wtf to do. I bet I can knock down my e/t's considerably with the NLTS, but I'm not ready to FUBAR my tune.

Plus I want that map-switching on the fly too.

Anyone?
I have it. And no I don't know what I'm doing with it, I had Nick do it for me. He said it worked great, I'm just chicken**** to try it on the street, I'll wait till i get to the track.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:46 PM

Hello All,

Anyone here intrested in a used at Tanacross once MishiMoto radiator? I would like to get $150.00 for it.

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited by ITS a pos; Aug 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
I have it. And no I don't know what I'm doing with it, I had Nick do it for me. He said it worked great, I'm just chicken**** to try it on the street, I'll wait till i get to the track.
well I got the NLTS and the valet thing working. I just need to figure out how the hell to get the "map on the fly" thing. I think I have a different version or something. I'm slowly learning by perusing.

I'll do some test runs of NLTS on the way to Park Lanes tomorrow night.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
well I got the NLTS and the valet thing working. I just need to figure out how the hell to get the "map on the fly" thing. I think I have a different version or something. I'm slowly learning by perusing.

I'll do some test runs of NLTS on the way to Park Lanes tomorrow night.
Pretty sure you need a harness from Jack of All Trades, but you have an 8 so I'm no 100% on that.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

IIRC from what Nick said, since I have an 8 with the IC sprayer, I've got everything I already need.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

So anybody headed out to the Park Lanes tonight? I'll probably be out there on my GSXR.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:05 PM

my dads in town so im not
Old Aug 9, 2009, 01:00 AM

Wasn't able to make it out tonight. Had to work swing shift. Didn't get home until 2330. How was the turn out? Next saturday I have a story for you gents.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't make it, caught some friends from work and went downtown.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

They're was a few people out last night. Got entertained by cops pulling their guns on someone breaking into that old *** house on top of the hill, and a dunken native refusing to get in his DD's car, lol.

Well 11.86 is as good as it it gets for me this summer. Made a few passes today, 11.88, 11.91 and an 11.97. Not bad for having low compression on my #4 cylinder.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 04:58 PM

saw dkstas car on base today. freakin looks good ... you prolly saw mine.... i was parked on fnba building who i work for? you still busy? ready to help on my clutch =)

Quick Reply: Alaska