Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got an O2 dump. Perfectly quiet until the wastegate opens, then it's "WTF was that??"
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:21 PM

what kind do u have and were did u order it from bud
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
I've got an O2 dump. Perfectly quiet until the wastegate opens, then it's "WTF was that??"
Can't wait to hear my ets dump once I get this bish up and running. Still shooting for the end of May.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't shearer make a o2 dump? Not too sure

So i'm having one hell of a time getting my evo out this past week. First my car wouldn't start, battery got drained after only a few days being connected, then somehow my freaking COP system fuse was blown. Replaced it, then it started, weird. Now, i finally take it out for a swing around the block, and the damn clutch pedal is shaking/vibrating like crazy while pushing it in and releasing. I noticed this slightly last year when i picked it up, but thought nothing of it. Now, its just irritating as hell.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:03 PM

ordered maperformance full down pipe with o2 dump today so if yall know any one who wants a buschur down pipe only on my car for 3 weeks for $150 and a full megan racing stealth black cat back N1 $250 only on the car for 3 weeks also let me know thanks
andrew 907-250-8259

Last edited by texmex; Apr 12, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:59 PM

I have the Evo Power Mods O2 dump it was the O2 dump that started this craze. Pretty sure Shearer makes one as well, I think AWD Motorsports did all the testing for it and sells it on their website. Andrew, what kind of exhaust do you have now?

Dolan/Jasper- Can't wait to see your cars at the track, wish I could join you but wife would kill me if I were to trash my clutch. So Auto-X is all I get to do.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

^Don't feel so bad, i gotta son due in June so i'm only playing till he arrives. Spending the summer w/the fam camping and whatnot

Hopefully i'll make it by May though. Got to put some miles on it today, still amazed on how fast the boost is trying to creep up on me, haha.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:49 PM

i have an hks hi power
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 AM

Jasper you better take me for a ride sucka... Saw a young kid driving a blue evo9 with an hks bov trying to play with some bikes on northern lights.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love you guys.

No homo.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 05:16 PM

Anyone plan on doing the Auto-X on 2 May?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

I hope so.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

I will be there with the General Ree
Old May 4, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

2010 Alaska Autocross Series
Brought to you by:
SubZero Motorsports
www.gosubzero.com
Alaska Region Porsche Club of America
www.pcaalaska.org
Alaska Sports Car Club
www.aksportscarclub.org
Team ZR-1 Motorsports Alaska
www.teamzr-1.com
Tentative 2010 Schedule:
May 2 SubZero Motorsports-Alaska Raceway Park
May 23 Porsche Club of America-Bartlett High School
May 29/30 Alaska Sports Car Club-Tanacross, Alaska
June 13 Porsche Club of America-Bartlett High School
June 20 Alaska Sports Car Club-Houston Jr High School
June 27 SubZero Motorsports-Menard Sports Complex
July 18 Porsche Club of America-Bartlett High School
Aug 8 Alaska Sports Car Club-Houston Jr High School
Aug 15 Porsche Club of America-Bartlett High School
Sep 4/5 Alaska Sports Car Club- Tanacross, Alaska
Sep 11 SubZero Motorsports-Alaska Raceway Park
Sep 12 Porsche Club of America-Bartlett High School
Sep 25/26 SubZero Motorsports-Whittier

New for 2010! Alaska Region Porsche Club of America, Team ZR-1 Motorsports, SubZero Motorsports and Alaska Sports Car Club bring you the 2010 Alaska Autocross Series! Throughout the winter, each club has worked hard to get ready for this season. Each club is offering a helping hand to each other in order to serve their membership better than before!

Qualifying events:

Your fellow volunteers will be keeping score throughout the season from each of the three clubs participating in the Alaska Autocross Series. At the end of the year, your best 6 event scores will be tallied from all of the three clubs participating in the Series.
Classes:
There will be eight classes to compete for a trophy in. Stock, Street Touring, Street Prepared, Street Modified, Prepared, Modified, Overall Ladies PAX and Overall PAX. As with current SubZero Motorsports and Alaska Region Porsche Club of America events, this Alaska Autocross Championship will use car classifications and preparation rules from the current Sports Car Club of America National Solo Rules which can be found here http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61.
Just to be clear, each club’s event will continue to run as they always have. For example, Porsche Club will continue to have their Porsche Challenge, SubZero will continue to have their Fastest Time of Day award and so on.

Overall Ladies/PAX and Class Championships:

In each class, a trophy will be given for first place, with a certificate given for second and third place at the end of the series. A minimum of six (6) out of the eleven (11) events scheduled are required to qualify for the season end trophies. If the competitor makes more than six (6+) events, the score keeper will take their six best point finishes. This may seem a little different to what some people are used to. Let me give you a couple of examples:
Jane Doe competes in C Street Prepared in her Mazda RX7. She will continue to compete at each event as she has before. At the end of the season, her current PAX adjusted times will be recorded, and the best six scores will be kept and tallied for the championship. Those scores could be something like this:

May 2nd: 984 points
May 23rd: 972 points
June 13th: 1000 points
June 20th: 881 points
August 15th: 998 points
September 11th: 976 points
September 12th: 962 points

Jane Doe would finish the season with 5,892 points. We dropped the June 20th event as that was her least successful overall PAX finish. Her competition, John Doe finished the season with 5,742 points in an F Street Prepared VW Golf. He has scored the second most points in his best six events. Even though Jane and John drive in different Street Prepared classes, they are competing with each other in Street Prepared for the year end class championship.

Jane Doe also wins the Overall Ladies PAX over Lindsay by 5 points. Lindsay competed in D Stock with a Subaru WRX and scored 5,887 points. Jane Doe had a successful season, winning the inaugural 2010 Alaska Autocross Series Overall Ladies PAX Championship and the 2010 Alaska Autocross Series Street Prepared Championship.

Point system:

Are you still with me? Well, it’s not too complicated. Have you heard of the Racer’s Theoretical Performance/PAX system? First, you figure out what class your car belongs in. If you have questions, ask some people who look like they’ve done this a few times. They can help you out. Secondly, look at this site to tell you the PAX factor, http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2010.html . Don’t worry, we have this list at registration so you don’t have to memorize it.

Let’s go back to Jane Doe. She runs a C Street Prepared RX7, has a PAX/RTP factor of 0.863 (as of 2010.) This number is a handicap, like in golf.
Jane Doe competes at August 15th autocross event. As the chart above says, she scored 998 points. In First place that event, with 1000 points was Lindsay in her D Stock Subaru WRX. Lindsay’s PAX/RTP factor is 0.825.

Lindsay’s quickest time of the day was 30.000 seconds.
PAX time: 30.000*0.825 (PAX factor) = 24.750 sec PAX time

Jane Doe’s quickest time of the day was 28.735 seconds.
PAX time: 28.735*0.863 (PAX factor) = 24.798 sec PAX time

Lindsay had a great run today, and clocked the quickest PAX time of the day. She receives 1000 points for her score. Jane Doe also had a great day. She finishes second overall with 998 points. How do we come up with 998?

Take Lindsay’s PAX time of 24.750 and divide that by Jane’s PAX time of 24.798. The answer is 0.9980643. Move the decimal place over three spots and you have 998.0643. From there you would round up or round down, whichever is closest. This is how we score the championship this year.

24.750 / 24.798 = 0.9980643 * 1000 = 998.0643 points = 998 points

This scoring system works out really well for the amount of people that compete in autocross in Alaska. Again, if you have questions about scoring, just ask someone who looks like they might know!

Cost:

Racing is expensive. Anybody who has raced anything will tell you that. Membership to a club or two is about all some people can afford. Lots of people have two or three hobbies. Those usually cost money as well.
All three clubs are not increasing their entry fees because of the championship.
As in years past, clubs are sharing equipment. Not only are they willing to share equipment, the different clubs are willing to share the workload at events. This is the very reason we are starting this alliance. This year, 2010, the budget of the Alaska Autocross Series will not exceed $200 dollars. This cost has been accepted from the four clubs. Basically, the three clubs will buy 8 trophies and that’s it. There are some other programs that we are working on to encourage participation at each clubs events.
Of course, donations are accepted. You can donate specific items, or donate money to each club for their use towards autocross. You may see a cone fund at your SubZero Motorsports event, trophy fund at an Alaska Sports Car Club event and on and on…..

Future:

The future holds great things for our group. Our limits come only from our minds. With clubs working together, our voice will become stronger. With shared ideas, and shared work load comes better events.
If at any point, you the competitor/volunteer have any suggestions, feel free to share them. We not only want your suggestions, but are seeking them all the time. If you have any complaints, please tell someone. As time moves on, we will get better and better.
Depending on response this year, we could make this bigger and bigger. If it doesn’t get a positive response, we continue working together as we have this winter to better our clubs for our membership.
As always, if any tweaks need to be made to the championship this inaugural year, the group in charge certainly can make the change based on majority opinion.

Come On Out To A Car Show Too!

In addition to the Autocross Series we would appreciate your participation at the 4th of July Whittier Car Show, organized by SubZero Motorsports & Team ZR-1 Motorsports Alaska. Sorry, no points toward the autocross series. Participation will possibly help establish other races in Whittier.

Tanacross Road Race and Time Trial

This year, it was decided that the annual Memorial Day and Labor Day Tanacross Road Race and Time Trial event will not be part of the Alaska Autocross Series. I think the Alaska Autocross Series would benefit greatly in the future by looking to other parts of Alaska to hold championship events. Keep this in mind for the future!

Whittier up and coming…..

Whittier has been a great companion to our autocross clubs. I can’t speak with any certainty, but keep your eyes open and ears pealed.
Old May 9, 2010, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

it'd be nice if all us Evos could get together and do something like this:

I gotta hang with the Subie guys to get any group photos...lol

Quick Reply: Alaska