Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump ?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:08 PM

Figure out any mods for your evo yet Eric?

Saw a GG MR on Huffman today.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:43 PM

So are we going to have a evo/dsm meet before summer is over guy like last summer we need to let's plan some thing
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Figure out any mods for your evo yet Eric?

Saw a GG MR on Huffman today.
Picked up a ETS Turbo Inlet and Amsoil dry flow filter.........looking at getting a BR Cat-back and MAP Downpipe.......thats what I'm working with so far.

I'm going to try and get out to the track in august just to see what the baseline is.

Last edited by akeric; Jul 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by texmex
So are we going to have a evo/dsm meet before summer is over guy like last summer we need to let's plan some thing
Kind of like TB?

Lol, I'd be down just has to be in the evenings if its going to be on the weekends or I can't make it.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by akeric
Picked up a ETS Turbo Inlet and Amsoil dry flow filter.........looking at getting a BR Cat-back and MAP Downpipe.......thats what I'm working with so far.

I'm going to try and get out to the track in august just to see what the baseline is.
External WG right? Who are you gonna go with for the tune? Throw a test pipe on it as well.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by texmex
Make it stop ****ing raining and we can have a meet. This **** is beyond retarded this year.

Who are you gonna go with for the tune?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say P3.

And I'll still have the fastest CT9A in town.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:51 PM

I would say go for a remote tune, you have a tactrix cable and WB right?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

External WG right? Who are you gonna go with for the tune? Throw a test pipe on it as well.
It will be recir, test pipe, and as far as tuning its going to be a garage job.......

It will have to be next year before I do any turbo upgrades etc. This year is just exhaust, intake, and maybe meth injection. If/when I find some extra money lying around I'll do IC pipes and a boost controller. I'm still under warranty technically and I think if I really kick its *** I get a new transmission, its been acting up,....popping out of first when cold etc.

Although I talked to stanley and they won't be doing the warranty work for mitsu after this month (july) I need to find out who's picking it up.

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
Make it stop ****ing raining and we can have a meet. This **** is beyond retarded this year.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say P3.

And I'll still have the fastest CT9A in town.
Isn't evil8 faster? I'm going to be out at the track tomorrow for test and tune if its looks decent. Bone stock w/exception being k&N panel filter. Turns out the Amsoil filter was backordered so I won't have it for a week or so.

I would say go for a remote tune, you have a tactrix cable and WB right?
I have the tactrix and will purchase the wideband with the downpipe. Thinking of going Zeitronix, have had both AEM and Innovate and to be honest was never really that impressed with either.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:01 PM

Get the boost controller before the meth kit. No sense running meth if you cant turn up the boost. Also, I would look into ECU controlled boost, looks very promising.

I would like to change cams next year so you should buy my Kelford 272s....

I'm in for a group tune next year if we can get enough people to commit, we could bring up English Racing or Mellon.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Get the boost controller before the meth kit. No sense running meth if you cant turn up the boost. Also, I would look into ECU controlled boost, looks very promising.

I would like to change cams next year so you should buy my Kelford 272s....

I'm in for a group tune next year if we can get enough people to commit, we could bring up English Racing or Mellon.
Boost controller is on the list, probably get the grimmspeed ebc since I had good luck with that on the STI. Its less than $100 so not really a break the bank item, I already have the meth kit I purchased last year and never installed, I'll probably get UICP and relocate the battery before I install the meth kit to be honest.. As for cams I was set on the GSC2s but can always be convinced otherwise. I'd be down for a tune depending on how far I get with my modding.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Mellon Tuning or Jestr if you guys bring someone up. If i still got the evo i'm in for sure. Not quite sure how the maf can be maxxed out on only 22psi on 90 octane? That's a first for me, haha...If you guys do the group tune, make sure you guys do it at the track. I'm not going to be blasting down c street again, haha.

Whats wrong w/your Kelfords? Don't tell me you're afraid they're going to break, haha. Gsc's are a good choice so is the grimspeed ebc. Was looking into it but ended up w/a great deal on the greddy ebc.

Num (evil8) hasn't gotten a good run in w/his AMS setup as far as i know. I'll be getting some details soon from his mechanic when i stop by to get my crap checked over, haha.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

ran a 13.17 @ 105mph today with a 1.97 60ft..........got out to the track a little late and only got 2 runs before they shut it down early due to rain.

My goal was a 13.1 and I consider that achieved. Not bad for a evo with just a K&N Panel filter and all season tires on a wet track.

Also I tried two different tunes while I was out there. My DD tune which is basically the stock tune with timing pulled enough so it doesn't knock on our crap gas. That was the first run, it was a 13.78 @ 98mph, my 60ft was 2.05, shifting a 7k. After that run they said they were probably going to shut down so I loaded up my work in progress running more timing and leaner afrs. Also tweaked the boost control a bit but was only able to get a little more out of it being the stock bleed controller and all.

The tweaked map was the fast run and I was shifting at 7500. I'm actually very impressed at the improvement of 7/10ths and 7mph with just the mods to the map. I know my driving didn't affect much because both times I was shifting very well. In fact the fast map maybe hurt my launch a bit because I spun much more in 1st and going into 2nd than I did on the first run (possible track condition also).

I ran ~1/3 or so can of torco on the fast map (had put it in before I raced so that was in there on both runs) No knock during the run however while coming back to town I logged 1 - 2 counts here and there but nothing beyond that. Personally I blame Shell, I noticed I would get a couple more counts than usually with my DD map after I filled up at the Shell on Dimond instead of a Chevron which I normally do.

Last edited by akeric; Jul 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Mellon Tuning or Jestr if you guys bring someone up. If i still got the evo i'm in for sure. Not quite sure how the maf can be maxxed out on only 22psi on 90 octane? That's a first for me, haha...If you guys do the group tune, make sure you guys do it at the track. I'm not going to be blasting down c street again, haha.

Whats wrong w/your Kelfords? Don't tell me you're afraid they're going to break, haha. Gsc's are a good choice so is the grimspeed ebc. Was looking into it but ended up w/a great deal on the greddy ebc.

Num (evil8) hasn't gotten a good run in w/his AMS setup as far as i know. I'll be getting some details soon from his mechanic when i stop by to get my crap checked over, haha.
Who is nums mechanic is it Vic does he work a Nissan because he's done work to my car

Quick Reply: Alaska