Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blacksunset
alright, ill do that....now just to get ahold of a buddy to tow my car again lol, was looking at everything last night and a bunch of the piping was loose, fixed that and she still wont run right, can get her to 3500 in each gear but no blow off, spools but feels down in power, if everything is right, its either the turbo or a vac. line that is causing all this crap
Might be a intercooler pipe, that sounds like the culprit. Also, is your buddy towing you on the back of a flatbed truck? If not, might wanna call a tow company to have them use their flatbed to get it to a garage, not good to tow behind another car. If you have USAA though it's a free tow, just call them up.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:42 PM

Hey buddlight
Yea I won't even think about a dead pull, has to be flat bed pulled it once using a dead pull, was not happy at all
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:54 PM

So now that's it's warmer and I'm pretty much set on my car being fixed and everything is working thanks for the help and everyone willing to help and threw out ideas
But as I was saying let's get a meet together, just to chill and hang out, meet some fellow Evo owners and cruise around town, like seriously just cruise lol

Pick on some Hondas here and there
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck.

Been trying to do that for two years.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:05 PM

Well screw it then,
Let's get together, me you buddlight (if your up to it) go out to eat and who ever wants to come out can
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:09 PM

I'll try and get one going I know there are more guys that can do it, imma try and get on the radio and throw it out too

But the 11th of feb. At Mooses tooth or if you know a better spot pm me or post it and I'll throw it back out,
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't mind a meet. Although I think that later Feb/early Mar might be a better time frame for me.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:41 PM

That's cool man, can do it late feb, gotta be on a weekend though. Military and work I never no when I get off,
Old Feb 2, 2011, 01:16 AM

I'm up for a meet! Sat & Sun nights are best for me.

If we have any knowledgeable people and an available garage, maybe we could plan a tuning day later in the year and turn a few wrenches. These were a lot of fun with the Evo crowd back in Texas. We did everything from fluid changes to suspension swaps.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 01:45 AM

Alright so we have 4 that I know of so far,
Put it out to guys you know and I can try for some garage time when I get back up to Alaska, I'll have to sponsor everyone on post but they have 8 lift bays 4 pull in bays and 1 other pit and it's like 2 dollars an hour only thing is tuning will be hard unless someone is willing to bring a few systems in and have some sort of e-management on the car.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 01:57 AM

Ok, so sat. Feb. 19th everyone meets up for dinner some where ( get to know some fellow Evo owners)
Cruise around town a little bit have a little fun, and from there I don't know, so ideas are welcome,
I think that's what's wrong with crap up here, everyone wants a meet but no one wants to throw out ideas or something to do because they think it's dumb or they'll be judge by it and the planning sucks and is always last min,
Throw some pm's to me or tell me you want to help organize it and we can meet up go over some things talk on here, I don't care either way but it's te we get a meet going on, I hate not having a group of people I can relie on to pull though and not even know who they are till my car breaks or blows up, shouldn't ever be like that
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once I get back home, I'd be down for planning some meets.

I once had an install party for the Subaru guys on AKIC once and that went over pretty awesome. I'll probably do something like that once it warms up. It's just sad that I have to hang with the Subaru guys to do anything car-related in this town.

It's been that way since I got here in '08.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:15 AM

Sorry it's been like that but I'll deff, try and change it man, been up here since 08 my self and was hanging around the subbie crowd for awhile and even thought about getting an STI but in the end I live mitsu and ever since my 95 eclipse, been with them(first car) but my car is in the shop right now so I'm glad we waited (yes again it's in the shop) till later on, this time I can trust nick and his crew at underground not to break my car, (wide band gauges with oil pressure)

Qwik, when you getting back home, I'll throw you my cell then and can start planning this.....and you wouldnt happento be military on block leave now would you????

Budd you up for a meet/greet
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as soon as i finish porting my setup i will eventually try to get out and go to a meet to meet some other evo owners lol, would like to see some other setups and such. still have yet to meet someone that still drives a evo, and ive had mine up here for 3 years ha
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:27 AM

Alright there five possible,
When is your set up going to be done, mine is the classic injen set up, haven't really had time or cash to do Anything else for a little now

Quick Reply: Alaska