Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blacksunset

Qwik, when you getting back home, I'll throw you my cell then and can start planning this.....and you wouldnt happento be military on block leave now would you????
I'm in the Air Force doing training in Oklahoma City. I won't be back home until March 12th.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will get another meet going then too,
If this one turns put to be anygood (if not) I'll try it again on those days man, if I'm here and not getting a plane to the dessert by then
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mvm42699
In AK unfortunately there is a lot of shady characters. If you don't know a mechanic personally you car might be treated like ****. PM me if you come to a dead end.
Originally Posted by blacksunset
my car is in the shop right now so I'm glad we waited (yes again it's in the shop) till later on, this time I can trust nick and his crew at underground not to break my car, (wide band gauges with oil pressure)
Whoa, didn't go w/the other 2 options i gave you? Haha, I must be blind but i've seen the same white tundra rock warrior and blue sti sitting in that lot since last June, lol, talk about finishing at a timely matter Well hope you get whatever the problem is sorted out quickly and not end up w/more crap to deal with....
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:32 PM

Hey jspec

No, I managed to figure it out and fix everything and putting it in underground just for a quick check up and gauge install(don't have an engine lift bay nor room for one) so I figured I would get gauges and a quick inspection done, but i will be dropping by those shops to see if they have anything I might be interested in or are they more of an auto repair shop??

What was your exp. With them and what do they do (other then repairs) for performance cars, will they sale mods and what not,
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:39 PM

Oh and jspec, you up for a meet?? If so give me some ideas got a couple but still waiting to put info out,
Don't know how to make this fun an interesting how ever I plan on having a cruise around town and a little further, couple miles but still looking into the route, still want to drive them but can't because I'm out of state right now, but if anyone has a route they like and know that is about 30-40 miles and pretty much a huge circle throw it put and I'll see way up and combine them, mainly highway for now and in anchorage (downtown part)
Old Feb 7, 2011, 02:37 PM

Jspec doesn't even own an Evo anymore!!

But I'm down to join the meet granted I don't own an Evo as well but I have plenty of parts on my car from an Evo so that counts right?? hehe
Old Feb 7, 2011, 06:39 PM

Lol, anyone can join, I know some people put theres away for winter so you don't have to have the Evo present but please bring it out if you dont have it in storage or a DSM works,
But info Is gonna be put out here in a little while, I'm still trying to work things out

Anything anyone wants to do…other then sit down meet some new people talk about cars and go on a cruise??
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

haha, rocking my tundra and bout to pick up my can-am outlander, can't wait

I'd be down for a meet, i still haven't met bud and qwik. Just has to be a heads up since work and my kid.

Hales is a hks dealer and sells race gas vp109 and c16. EMC just opened up, mainly building honda's but does other rides as well. Who's tuning your ride?

Could always do a seward run, bout a 1.5-2 hour run depending on how you're driving.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:00 AM

Well, if I knew that I would have went to them, and I was going to have underground or p3 tune it, but I now know of different options and will consider each. Deff want some new 272 cams so I might just drop by there
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII

I'd be down for a meet, i still haven't met bud and qwik. Just has to be a heads up since work and my kid.
yeah no joke.

I saw your old Evo more than I've ever seen you.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in Eagle River. A few evos and sti floating around but nothing out of the ordinary
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

born on elmendorf (military brat), live there for ten years, havent been there since '92, gonna go back one day to see what it looks like now...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:02 PM

I'm in for a meet. Wont be bringing the Evo out till the snow is gone though.

As for a tune, invest in a Tactrix cable and EvoScan to skip the local tuners and get a email tune from Mellon or English Racing.

Jasper sold his Evo? Any left over parts...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
yeah no joke.

I saw your old Evo more than I've ever seen you.
Haha, not my fault it got held up for so long. Kid came along so my priorities have changed.

Probably the exhaust out, it was the full titanium Greddy Ti rolled tip. dude is swapping it w/something more toned down. And maybe the buschur cams but their only for the 8's. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head though.

So evan, you going w/mellon right now?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We should def do a meet this spring.

Quick Reply: Alaska