Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddlight
I'm in for a meet. Wont be bringing the Evo out till the snow is gone though.

As for a tune, invest in a Tactrix cable and EvoScan to skip the local tuners and get a email tune from Mellon or English Racing.

Jasper sold his Evo? Any left over parts...
I've contacted Mellon already to do a pump/race gas tune this summer.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of market do we have up here for the meets and tuner races? Seems way more secluded then down in the states. Im from Ohio and Buschur meets can pull 200-250 tuners, AK meets would be fun.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 06:58 PM

So, I need a 3 gauge a pillar like right now,
Will buy off you tomorrow, send me a pm
Old Feb 8, 2011, 07:12 PM

Jasper- sucks you sold the car, I wanted to see that ten second pass. But I understand how kids affect things (on my third myself) and how demotivating it is to dump alot of money into your car and have run like ****, if at all lol. I haven't driven my evo since Halloween, the injectors weren't scaled properly it became a real ***** to start in cold weather and I've just been driving my truck with no heat. As for the tune I'm leaning towards English racing since he can do speed density via email tune, however Mellon is great as well. Ive talked with Mellon before and if we had enough people He would fly up to tune.

As for meets, most evos I've seen in one place is four and that was at Quiks house. Always up for a meet though, I'll be at the auto x alot this summer once I get my tune straightened out.

Last edited by Buddlight; Feb 8, 2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Typing via iPhone sucks ballz
Old Feb 8, 2011, 07:19 PM

Skip the a pillar gauges and get dash gauge pod if you can wait. Which wideband did you get anyways? Figure AEM Uego if you got from the undergroun.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:05 PM

Boost, air fuel, oil pressure (not wideband)
Plan on getting all 3 wideband as soon as I can but for Now what I have works, but I need the pillar pod (gauges are already on the car but wrong pod (although it fits and looks just like what I have on it, I was told it was for a subbie) but I'll look into dash gauges later on, have a little one an another one on the way so I'm lucky to even get those on for now. (maintenance is always done on it though) but mods here and there will come around
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:43 PM

So if you read my last post I wrote it all fubar but

AEM wideband for boost and air/fuel

An oil pressure is Megan racing tac needle (would have got a different one but I needed it like right then an there, thought I had no oil pressure and acting funny)

It seems as though something is always wrong with mine lol, but hasn't gave a bunch of crap like the GST did, would fix it drive it down the highway and something else would be broken
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Where'd you get your evo from? Not too many red 9's up here
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:25 PM

man, i wish i had a red ix but i have a blue one and the avatar for it was the only one i really liked lol, my buddy danny has a red Vlll though (counts right lol)
but no mine is blue havent really seen alot of blue ones either though, a white X, a white 3 (right seat) a tarmac blk, coal grey i think and a white 8 with canardes i do believe(might have been a IX, had front end of the IX) and a red X and a black MR IX with window tent all around with pillar mount gauges like mine,

i think the blk one is a member on here
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:36 PM

ok, just so no one else thinks i have a red one lol, it is now blue........

anywho, ive thought about it and i have to different route options............one is an 1hr 30min route pending......maybe 2 and some change, driving it tomorrow and one that is around anchorage, like all the way around anchorage, ill post more when i find a good place for everyone to eat and is a comfortable meeting place to meet up at grab something to eat then ride around town lol,

the 2 hr trip is to seward and back but the dates are 19th of feb or 12th of march, might just do both just because lol, see how they both turn out.

so thoughts and if you want throw info at me and ill throw it in so everyone has a good time,
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, haha blue's are nice on the 9's. Count me out on the 19th, have plans then. You should consider a run to Alyeska, you guys can go boarding and then head to Double Musky, they make a awesome pepper steak

If anyone is interested, may possibly be taking out the buschur double pumper, buschur cams, and Greddy Ti full titanium exhaust if anyone needs them. Only a feeler at this point, but may happen.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:13 PM

If you get rid of the double pumper or the cams let me know, im in the market for both, im in no rush, cant drive car till april so i mod it in the winter.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

What size turbo you planning on running? Not quite sure the br cams work well w/anything below a 35r...also going to need springs and retainers if you do not have them yet.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:20 AM

I currently have stock turbo and stock spring/retainers, my last mods are going to be the cams and FP Green turbo, i currently have S2 272 cams (not installed) but i wanted to wait and maybe get larger ones if i get the bigger turbo.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steelfire19
I live in Eagle River. A few evos and sti floating around but nothing out of the ordinary
Where in Eagle River? I haven't seen any other Evos except a TB 9 and a GG 9 MR.

I live in Eaglewood.

Originally Posted by steelfire19
What kind of market do we have up here for the meets and tuner races? Seems way more secluded then down in the states. Im from Ohio and Buschur meets can pull 200-250 tuners, AK meets would be fun.
not a whole lot of market for tuners...the only tuners that come up here seem to be for the Subarus.

The most Evos I've ever seen together were at the bowling alley October 09.

5 of us.

Quick Reply: Alaska