Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steelfire19
I called p3, going in the 1st week of April for meth injection and tune for $1000, he says I should be close to 365 with stock turbo, thanks for the advice!
When you're down there ask him about his previous 11 sec sti, lol. Make sure you ask him why he just threw away his timeslip,
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh oh, a mysterious 11sec sti? Lol don't c many of those around.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:16 AM

I called p3, going in the 1st week of April for meth injection and tune for $1000, he says I should be close to 365 with stock turbo, thanks for the advice!

Get an ALT stock ecu map switch from Mellon, this way you can switch between maps for racing and DD for the car, it might cost a little bit more but for a tune for 1000 dollars it better be worth it (assuming tune and install with Meth kit ordered that's how much,) but if it's a tune for just 1000 I wouldn't do it personally but that's just me
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:30 AM

It's the kit+install+tune=$1000. which didn't sound too bad to me, I'm a little scepticle about overall longevity on meth bc it is a mild acid n will eat away at the motor over time. But I'd only do a 50/50 mix, and I will email Mellon soon bc I def wanna get another ecu, seems like the safe bet.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:34 AM

Yea, just be sure that you sniff/check your oil over periods of time, Meth basically breaks down oil (everything you need pretty much all the important stuff) and will no longer lubricate your engine properly and booooom, no more engine, normal oil changes go up to 3500 or Amsoil 7000-7500 but afterwards with each even on a 50/50 mix cuts your oil life in half
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:37 AM

But that's why I would get the alt map and run Meth on a boost trigger as well as have a DD on the map that's similar to the one I have now, all at the flip of a switch and all of a sudden HUGE amounts of HP.....kinda like a sleeper set up lol
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by blacksunset
But that's why I would get the alt map and run Meth on a boost trigger as well as have a DD on the map that's similar to the one I have now, all at the flip of a switch and all of a sudden HUGE amounts of HP.....kinda like a sleeper set up lol
1st off i wanna thank you guys for all your advice im sure your saving me thousands in the long run. So if im getting this right i need to make sure i change my oil every 1500-2000 miles depending on what oil i use, and on avg i put 3-4k miles on the evo per year. I was roaming the threads this morning and on 3-11 in the dyno/tune (FP Black on 93 with water/meth) someone (boosted tuning) said the stock ecu has the ability to hold 2 maps on it? is that different then what i need bc i def want " 2 tunes"
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:37 PM

Yes with the Tephra Mod and ALT map switch from Mellon you can run dual maps. If your running Meth make sure your kit has the proper fail safes. If I were to run meth i would only run an Aquamist setup. Check out this sub-forum for more info on meth. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/wa...ction-nos-173/

Especially the thread by scheides as he demos the Tephra mod and map switching feature as a fail safe.

I wouldnt let P3 tune my car but that's just me......
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Budd can you send me a 3rd gear log to dolans3@hotmail.com
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by dkstas
Had blacksunset comeover this afternoon to try and adjust his boost controller with no luck haha...His boost controller was already set at the lowest duty cycle possible and still hitting 24.9 psi. Underground installed the wideband and hid the wires like nobodies business, lol. When we get more time I'll find that wire and get evoscan logging AFR's.

Anyways I looked at his map and it seemed rather conservative (a good thing on this 90 octane) so we did a 3rd gear pull. Highest Knock count was 2 in 4500-5000 rpm at 200-220 load.

Through the log in virtual dyno and this is what he's putting out...The red lines are my base line and the blue was his.
Is the WB mounted in the A pillar? I just pulled mine off and traced the wires from the WB.

Dolan- I never pulled a 3rd gear log from last year, only logged putting around town...... Still have my StarSpecs on, soooo when the roads melt againI can get you one.

Hopefully will start working on my tune around the first of the month. Gotta switch out plugs, boost leak test and change the oil first though....

Last edited by Buddlight; Mar 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Is the WB mounted in the A pillar?
Yup! where'd he hide yours?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:19 PM

So we've got two things to do man,

AFR and boost lol, hit me up once Budd gets back with us and your free man,
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by blacksunset
So we've got two things to do man,

AFR and boost lol, hit me up once Budd gets back with us and when* your free man,

Can't edit with my phone, but that's what I meant to say
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Aquamist, baller system, but in my opinion the best. I was originally going to go w/one a few years ago. here's the site

http://howertonengineering.com/

As far as oil changes go, it depends on how hard you push it if you ask me. I was doing 2500-3000 max when i used to daily it and have a few good runs in here and there.

11 sec sti, haha all i can say is "allegedly"...Like i said ask him bout it when you get there
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:10 AM

1st off i wanna thank you guys for all your advice im sure your saving me thousands in the long run. So if im getting this right i need to make sure i change my oil every 1500-2000 miles depending on what oil i use, and on avg i put 3-4k miles on the evo per year. I was roaming the threads this morning and on 3-11 in the dyno/tune (FP Black on 93 with water/meth) someone (boosted tuning) said the stock ecu has the ability to hold 2 maps on it? is that different then what i need bc i def want " 2 tunes"

Hey man, if you run your car normally and don't not use Meth injection you can use Amsoil and change your oil every 5500-7000 all depends on your set up and how hard you drive, and has far has the 2 maps, your car automaticlly has to maps in it, I do believe 3 that can be set up but only two that youll be able to use at any given time with the ALT map switch, and when running Meth injection you'll need to change your oil pending how much Meth you are running pure (100%) or a 70/30 mix or 50/50 and so on, I'm not the brightest when it comes to wiring stuff (gauges boost controllers etc why I'm scared to touch them lol) but check the link out that Budd provided, you want fail safes if you decide to run Meth injection, nozzle could clog or over spray and your engine is done if not caught and even if caught you have minimal time to react, but with fail safes that are there (depending what you buy) it will detect it throw a warning light on your gauge you can get for it and stop all injection switch maps per say and run lower boost levels (why you want 2 maps) but the catcher is with that set up you have to be able to tune them together if you will so it's one HUGE map but split two ways if that makes any sense at all. And that's where your 3rd map comes into play......if done correctly your car will use map one has a down grade to stop engine damage at the minimal if not more and if you see it you flip the switch and your now using your 3rd map which should way way less aggressive then the 1st an 2nd map.

Im almost pretty sure that is just one of many ways to do it but if I'm wrong someone please point it out and don't sugar coat it,

Quick Reply: Alaska