Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wrcRS
Got the fastest time in an E36 M3 at Tanacross.
Did you run times on Sunday? I was a second behind you on Sat..... I didn't know they were timing us until that night.

It was fun. Met/made some new friends. Got ALOT of logging in. Didn't break anything. Nice drive, nice weather and about 40 bazillian bugs.

Buddy
Old May 31, 2011, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DNBishop
Did you run times on Sunday? I was a second behind you on Sat..... I didn't know they were timing us until that night.

It was fun. Met/made some new friends. Got ALOT of logging in. Didn't break anything. Nice drive, nice weather and about 40 bazillian bugs.

Buddy
Yeah, we ran times the whole day Sunday. Bummer you took off early, we got about three or four times as many runs on Sunday as we did on Saturday. Everyone was sick of running by about 530pm and we packed up the track.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw a black 9 SE...wingless, lowered, sitting on Evo X wheels at the Providence parking garage.
Had a nice triple gauge pod in the HVAC panel.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:54 PM

Seen the same one out in eagle river
Old Jun 4, 2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
Saw a black 9 SE...wingless, lowered, sitting on Evo X wheels at the Providence parking garage.
Had a nice triple gauge pod in the HVAC panel.
That's mvm42699 car... super clean Mike know how to take care of his rides
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

^Right on, he's still rolling on my stocker's and went wingless...haven't seen that dude in a while.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 05:00 PM

Wow, didn't know I was goig to find that many people from Alaska (compared to EVOs population). I'm basically new to AK (JUL2009). I sent friend requests to some of you guys!!

Now, any place to tune/service EVOs in Alaska? I Live in Fort Greely (Delta Junction) and it's basically FAR from civilization, jeje. I heard about P3Autowerks in Wassilla and Underground Performance in Anchorage.

Last thing. I REAAALLY need to change my clutch. It's been slipping for a little over 1 year now , but due to space/help needed it's been really difficult. People that can really help me work on a totally different schedule . Only option is a mechanic/shop. Calling around the best price for the job (incluiding changing the flywheel and fluids check) so far is P3 Autowerks in Wassilla for $600 (I'll bring the parts, which I already have). Due to my location and job, it's been difficult to go. Any other suggestions??? I REALLY need to change those parts, and ANY suggestion WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks!

Last edited by danelefren; Jun 5, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danelefren
Wow, didn't know I was goig to find that many people from Alaska (compared to EVOs population). I'm basically new to AK (JUL2009). I sent friend requests to some of you guys!!

Now, any place to tune/service EVOs in Alaska? I Live in Fort Greely (Delta Junction) and it's basically FAR from civilization, jeje. I heard about P3Autowerks in Wassilla and Underground Performance in Anchorage.

Last thing. I REAAALLY need to change my clutch. It's been slipping for a little over 1 year now , but due to space/help needed it's been really difficult. People that can really help me work on a totally different schedule . Only option is a mechanic/shop. Calling around the best price for the job (incluiding changing the flywheel and fluids check) so far is P3 Autowerks in Wassilla for $600 (I'll bring the parts, which I already have). Due to my location and job, it's been difficult to go. Any other suggestions??? I REALLY need to change those parts, and ANY suggestion WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks!
$600 isn't bad, I've never done the clutch change but I've been told its an 8hr job. I just hope mine lasts until I can afford a built 5spd.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:36 AM

I did a clutch change on the Evo before. It's not fun for a shade tree mechanic. I knew what I was doing, but it took me forever.

Yea... $600 is a decent price. Back in Texas, $500 was the best I saw.

If you do it yourself, you're going to need a few special tools. A SMALL powerful impact & swivel impact sockets for the transfer case, a transmission jack or extra jacks, and a tool for removing the drive shafts.

You have all your fluids?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:50 AM

When I called the place (P3 Autowerks) again today, the $600 special is gone. They're now at $750 including the work (clutch / flywheel change), t-case / tranny flush & fluids change, and, if any seal is broke, they will replace it. Everything is the same as it was with the special price ($600). The only thing I might not like is that the car has to stay overnight. What you think?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 04:25 PM

^ it's not a drop off and get back deal. There rate is 50 an hour now maybe 65-70 an hour so you put the price with the hours, it's going to take time, and anywhere up here you have to drop it off and get it a day or two later
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dkstas
^Right on, he's still rolling on my stocker's and went wingless...haven't seen that dude in a while.
wingless with tape over the trunk holes.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Evo X wheels make up for it haha...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by danelefren
When I called the place (P3 Autowerks) again today, the $600 special is gone. They're now at $750 including the work (clutch / flywheel change), t-case / tranny flush & fluids change, and, if any seal is broke, they will replace it. Everything is the same as it was with the special price ($600). The only thing I might not like is that the car has to stay overnight. What you think?
Sounds ok........... but you're gonna have to put the car down for atleast 2 days. I believe the Mistu tech guide gives 11 hours to do the swap. If they are charging less than $70/hr good on ya. Two shops i know of are $90+. Super Shops in Palmer did mine at $95/hr and they charged me for 11 hours (it took longer). They also swapped out all fluids. It was pricey, but after looking into the swap (and possible headaches), i didn't want to mess with it.

good luck
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

Location: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by QwikEVO
wingless with tape over the trunk holes.
Until you give a deal on your CF trunk then black tape will do for now! LOL Lately, i've just kept up with maintenance and kinda drop off the grid for a bit. Renovating a property takes up time with the freaking bi polar weather we get up here every summer is PITA! Just upgraded all rotors w/ DBA 4000 and Ferodo 2500 pads though Haha! Contemplating on a new ride and still get to keep the Evo BTW when you all plan to have the next Evo meet?

Quick Reply: Alaska