Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have a pube on the new timeslip.

1/10 off your 60' should equal 2/10 off your ET or there abouts. Good pass, knocking on 11s. What clutch are thinking of?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty decent...it usually takes a few runs for me to nail a high 11. You definately got the power for it and the short gearing is definately hurting you.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol this will be hilarious if there's 3 11 second Evos and ZERO 11 second STi's in AK

(btw I hate MIVEC, you bastards)
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buddlight
I think you have a pube on the new timeslip.

1/10 off your 60' should equal 2/10 off your ET or there abouts. Good pass, knocking on 11s. What clutch are thinking of?

http://www.maperformance.com/quarter...wheel-evo.html

should hold more power than I will ever make and last a long time..... driveability is supposed to be great.

as far as the short gearing. I'm probably going to get a built 5spd from sheptrans to swap over to with the clutch. I'm not sure if I need to build the t-case or not.....

yeah I'm some decent tires away from an 11 but it will probably be next year because of the clutch.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:14 AM

We should all do a track day.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:36 AM

(btw I hate MIVEC, you bastards)[/quote]

Speaking of MIVEC, could someone possible help me try to fine tune? I'm not an expert tuner, (don't want to do e-mail tune as i would like to know how) and do understand the concept, but it seems trying to get this dialed in w/ the different cams and 90 Oct is a PIA. <<<<<<<<<< is this a big prob w/ 90? If i have it somewhat dialed in decent, good on me, just would like a second pair or eyes. And please no cam bashing on my choice (they have been proven).

Read MIVEC tuning and posted there also, not going very far...........

I think i have mod'd/tried/tested everything under the sun.

BTW nice times...........and i think that could be a pube.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

^^^I just put the JDM mivec map in. Usually bumped my peak torque a couple hundred RPM's sooner. Never really had the time to datalog different MIVEC maps.

Werd up on the Pube akeric. Nice MPH.

Rusty- wouldn't it???!!?!?!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DNBishop
I'm 4-5 years behind in tuning but, would the MIVEC tune be totally different if it's tuned for 90 oct? (it's the highest we have for daily - Alaska). Reason being, with the JDM map I get a serious stumble/hick-up/bog (no knock) at 3K and below w/ load above 100 (accelerating alittle on highway). As soon as 3K hits it is gone. Stock map runs fine.

Right now I have 15'ishes in that area and it smooths it out, but i feel as though I'm losing some on top end. I have come up w/ a mod'd map of my own, but would like to compare or run the JDM or a mod'd JDM.

I have tried many different tune configurations associated w/ boost load & the MIVEC. Haven't changed anything on fuel or timing.

I have greddy ez cams, K&N drop in and TBE. Load based boost w/ grimmspeed 3 port.

Thanks......... My MIVEC post above. Right now i'm leaning towards the cams throwing it off ???. My JDM map best was 296hp w/ evo scan once, at 3200k to 7000+ or so, 100% throttle, 21 psi solid (can get it again), but the whatever above almost made it unable to drive on the highway. Even changed that problem area on the JDM and it ran like ****.

I appreciate the help.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wrcRS

Rusty- wouldn't it???!!?!?!
but they'd still hug Josh's ***** and that RS in FBX.

Neither are STi's though...lol
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks......... My MIVEC post above. Right now i'm leaning towards the cams throwing it off ???. My JDM map best was 296hp w/ evo scan once, at 3200k to 7000+ or so, 100% throttle, 21 psi solid (can get it again), but the whatever above almost made it unable to drive on the highway. Even changed that problem area on the JDM and it ran like ****.

I appreciate the help.
Everytime you adjust mivec it affects your fueling/timing...you said you get no knock in the problems areas but you're bogging? Try advancing the intake even more or leave it and add some ignition timing.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by dkstas
Everytime you adjust mivec it affects your fueling/timing...you said you get no knock in the problems areas but you're bogging? Try advancing the intake even more or leave it and add some ignition timing.
Thanks............. did just that, at 3K and lower and 70 load and below. 13's and 14''s (on my mod'd map). Thought I was nuts. Have to say it opened up the lower end quite a bit (still no knock). I want to change the timing, just did'nt want to change to many things at one time as wouldn't be able to narrow down any single problem areas (possibly mutiples? make sense?), but it may come to that (and work).

I'll try to post my map and I wide open log.......... (we have company in and they don't really care about me tuning).

I appreciate the help.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks............. did just that, at 3K and lower and 70 load and below. 13's and 14''s (on my mod'd map). Thought I was nuts. Have to say it opened up the lower end quite a bit (still no knock). I want to change the timing, just did'nt want to change to many things at one time as wouldn't be able to narrow down any single problem areas (possibly mutiples? make sense?), but it may come to that (and work).

I'll try to post my map and I wide open log.......... (we have company in and they don't really care about me tuning).

I appreciate the help.
I've had really good results with the trm mivec map, what I have heard you down with cams is begin to be less aggressive earlier in the rpm range and taper to 0 advance before 6000 rpm. But since I'm still on the stock sticks I haven't tried any of those. I have tried running more advance past 6000 and it only reduced my top end power.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I have a friend who will be driving my car down to washington. the vehicle is in my name and what not. will he have any trouble getting through canada/back into us?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:02 PM

Just bring a passport should be no problem
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:06 PM

Umm that's a very good question... I think not long as the car's insurance and reg in your name and update but I could be wrong. You might want to http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv

Quick Reply: Alaska