Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is alaska?? LOL
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

the thing that makes me wonder is when i was driving from washington to alaska, when crossing the border, they asked me who the vehicle was registered to...
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

The reason they ask you who the car belongs to is because many people transport vehicles for money. If someone is transporting a vehicle through Canada wants their piece of the pie....
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:11 AM

Hey,

If you know of anyone or a dealer selling an Evo push it my way, I'm starting over and more than likely will be buying my old Evo back (maybe)
Take it easy guys
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blacksunset
Hey,

If you know of anyone or a dealer selling an Evo push it my way, I'm starting over and more than likely will be buying my old Evo back (maybe)
Take it easy guys
I'm sure they still have one or two left..... won't have to worry about reconstruct with these.... lol

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7911440-post1.html
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:03 AM

For 20k? Lol
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by 907dsm
Umm that's a very good question... I think not long as the car's insurance and reg in your name and update but I could be wrong. You might want to http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv
Canadian border crossing questions can be directed here:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/g...eraux-eng.html

US border agents are more concerned about drugs & country of origin. While they could randomly inquire about the ownership of the car, it's highly unlikely.

Both sides use automatic plate readers prior to your actual crossing. In the event you drove a hot car, they'd be ready for you.

I would advise you check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered in Canada. Some will give you Canadian proof of insurance free of charge. Doesn't hurt to have this document.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by akeric
I'm sure they still have one or two left..... won't have to worry about reconstruct with these.... lol

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7911440-post1.html
Then your average evo IX should be $30K+? (cha-ching) ................

MIVEC situation. Went with the JDM RS MIVEC vs just JDM (its alittle different)w/ my eff't mods in the 2-3K area. Workin on timing now w/ a mild MAP. Waiting for the O2 install (have it). Anyone know anyplace cheaper than $200?

Thanks for the help

Blacksunset..... GL w/ finding one.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DNBishop
Then your average evo IX should be $30K+? (cha-ching) ................

MIVEC situation. Went with the JDM RS MIVEC vs just JDM (its alittle different)w/ my eff't mods in the 2-3K area. Workin on timing now w/ a mild MAP. Waiting for the O2 install (have it). Anyone know anyplace cheaper than $200?

Thanks for the help

Blacksunset..... GL w/ finding one.
I can give you a hand with it this weekend. Its not that big of a job. There are only really two bolts that are a pain to get to. I would recommend unbolting the turbo or just the hotside and dropping it out of the bottom of the car. I did the ol' take the radiator out and do it on the car, it was a pain in the *** because the rear bolt for the o2 housing is just so hard to get a socket or wrench on. Next time I'm taking the turbo or hotside off for sure. Also be warned that if you are on your factory o2 sensor it probably will not come out so you might want to source a new one. I couldn't get mine out and the car only had 24k miles on it.

To be honest now that I"m thinking about it $200 doesn't sound like that bad of a deal. lol.

Don't worry blacksunset one will pop up eventually. I would suggest you dont buy back your old car just on principle. check craigslist often, one will pop up.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I just stumbled across this..... damn

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...ANCHORAGE_AK/]

Also you might consider buying stateside and shipping up, probably have more selection and shipping from seattle is only $1100.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:15 PM

Well,
I would like my old one back because I know what's there but at the same time I would to start over, from scratch and do it right,
And if it's in WA I'll just take 30 days of leave and fly down and drive it back lol, good break in period with her
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blacksunset
Well,
I would like my old one back because I know what's there but at the same time I would to start over, from scratch and do it right,
And if it's in WA I'll just take 30 days of leave and fly down and drive it back lol, good break in period with her
seriously if you have the time thats what you need to do. Check the craigslists for vancover and seattle washington,......much more selection and some good prices. Thats how i got mine and am very happy with how it turned out.

Remember don't feel guilty about low balling a dealership....

like this one .... 34k miles and I bet you could get it close to 20k
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2458719504.html

this one is black and has some mods....88k miles but in your price range 20k could probably talk them down even more.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2496345309.html

just look around man, when I started looking out of state the hard part was picking one.

Last edited by akeric; Jul 19, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by akeric
I just stumbled across this..... damn

http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...ANCHORAGE_AK/]

Also you might consider buying stateside and shipping up, probably have more selection and shipping from seattle is only $1100.
Damn, what happened there? Bio-hazard WTF?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
For 20k? Lol

Hell no man, he isn't doing that, if I do get my old Evo back I'll be doing some major mods come next riding season, I'll miss the race season either way next year,

Eric,
Hey man thanks for that site, ill give them a call tomorrow and more then likely I'll have to wait a month so I put a 30 day leave packet in, this way I can drive her back, man I can't wait to get my hands on another evo,

Was going to get a Mach 1 mustang and right after I thought about it I smacked my self lol
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:32 AM

Hey Eric,
Thanks again man, yea I'm going to have to go out of state for one,
I don't think I'm gonna buy another up here. The TB on has my attention for some reason, so I'll be calling some people tomorrow,

Thanks again man,

If I could afford to go get an FQ400 lol I can wish right

Quick Reply: Alaska