Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice car,.....way over priced.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 5 Speed AWD Turbo - $35000 (Anchorage)
Date: 2011-07-27, 2:10AM AKDT
Reply to: sale-nqqjk-2515543491@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
-Need to sell ASAP-Engine: AP BOV, K&N intake, upper inner cooler pipe, fuel rail, BOV hose, injectors, full tune, AP motor mounts, turbo back exhaust, block heater.-Transmission: SPEC stage 3, clutch master lightened fly wheel. -Interior: short shifter, boost and air fuel gauge, custom box with 2 12" subs with rockford premium sound system.- Exterior: CF hood, trunk, front lip C west rear bumper, smoked corner markers, rear reflectors, painted fender vents, front logo removed, AP rims, 2" antenna. - Orignal owner-Car has 27k miles- Brand new clutch- all stock parts including hood, trunk, spoiler, stock rims with winter tires.- Powerful car and very fun to drive. Please call Zach 907-444-6462--Posted from Craigslist Mobile for iPhonehttp://itunes.apple.com/app/id430667358?mt=8

fairly priced, but I already have one.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 MR - $24000 (Anchorage AK)
Date: 2011-07-25, 7:23PM AKDT
Reply to: sale-kwu4x-2513479370@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Must sell, $24K OBO - serious inquiries only, absolutely no joy rides
CarFax upon request, clean title, new tires +3 spares if you want them. Less than 40K miles!! (the average is 15K/yr, you do the math)
Has a Viper auto start and an engine block heater.
Only minor paint chipping due to the gravel laid down in the winter - extremely clean car
So far my only racing experience has been to the grocery store, and its just not fair to the car!

Tech Specs:

Engine: Transverse in-line 4-cylinder, turbocharged and intercooled
Power: 286 hp @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 289 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Displacement: 1997 cc
Bore: 85.0 mm
Stroke: 88.0 mm
Compression Ratio: 8.18:1
Maximum boost pressure: 19.0 psi @ 3500 rpm

Drivetrain: Full-time all-wheel-drive, Active Center Differential, torque-sensing limited-slip front differential, mechanical limited-slip rear differential
Transmission: 6-speed manual

Body Type: Unitized steel shell, aluminum roof, hood and front fenders
Front Suspension: MacPherson strut, coil springs, inverted gas shocks, anti-roll bar, strut brace
Rear Suspension: Multi-link wishbone, coil springs, inverted gas shocks, anti-roll bar
Braking System: 4-wheel disc, anit-lock, rear-wheel mechanical emergency brake
Front Brakes: 320 mm rotors, vented; 4-piston Brembo calipers
Rear Brakes: 300 mm rotors, vented; dual-piston Brembo calipers
Steering Type: Rack and pinion, power assisted
Steering Ratio: 13.0:1
Turns lock-to-lock: 2.1
Turning Circle: 38.7 ft
Wheels: 8 x17 BBS Forged Light Alloy
Tires: 235/45R17

Anyone need a spare engine to build?

EVOLUTION MR ''MIVEC TURBO''ENGINE ONLY - $1 (ANCHORAGE)
Date: 2011-07-26, 2:49PM AKDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
IM SELLING AN 06 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION MR ''MIVEC TURBO'' ENGINE ONLY BECAUSE IM CLEANING MY SHED AND IS IN THE WAY IM OPEN TO OFFERS IF U ARE INTERESTED AND SERIOUS BUYER PLZ CALL ME @907-830-5383.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man,
Yea I saw those two, gave someone calling from some stealership and asking if I would be interested cuz some how he found out I wanted an Evo and he wants my Audi, I'm learning towards the 9 though, I would much rather have the 9 then the X but if the price is right for the X I'll go for it, not for 35k,
Told the guy that called me if he did something with the price then I would consider it but until then I would rather go get a brand new one and know know it's been treated rather buying a used on with mods
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Matt u really need to get an Evo again! I don't have a logging partner to help now lol, my stock 8 turbo is just now starting to reject the 24psi after about 1200 miles.

Hey man, yea the 8 turbo doesn't like anything over 15-18 pounds, but you want a FP red anyways right?? So you more then likely have shaft play with the turbo, is it losing power all together or is it not spooling like it did before. And try not to run Meth with normal driving, could help save it for another 2-3k miles, either way your turbo is done, it sucks but Meth an turbos don't get along to well, it's bound to happen at some point in time, when Dolan tuned mine I could kinda tell it was losing it but I still had some life left so I wasn't driving it hard, but it wasn't due to his tuning, it's going to happen either way you look at it, I had a very very conservative map and you could tell, but once the Walbro was put in it reacted better so who knows man, could just be something as small as not enough gas or to much, why I won't let seth/nick tune a car, would do it to drive it home an get an email tune from ER or Mellon
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:06 PM

I got the black but just haven't got it on yet, the 8 doesn't loose power nut surges every once in a while. Just time for an upgrade, u can only go so far on an 8.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
I got the black but just haven't got it on yet, the 8 doesn't loose power nut surges every once in a while. Just time for an upgrade, u can only go so far on an 8.
Yea forgot about that lol,

But like dolan said, and will more then likely always say

The blk is not a pump gas turbo it doesn't like it at all (90 oct)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:59 PM

True, but I don't just run 90 so it should be okay...I won't run a lot of boost on the stock block.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blacksunset
Yea forgot about that lol,

But like dolan said, and will more then likely always say

The blk is not a pump gas turbo it doesn't like it at all (90 oct)
I can still make 400+ horsepower on it though But no safety margin at all
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by dkstas
I can still make 400+ horsepower on it though But no safety margin at all
Lol, yea safety or power lol, give some to gain but I'm sticking with it not being a non pump turbo though, and I know u can make 400+ with it.

Still saying it's a non pump turbo
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:40 AM

So I've decided to wait on getting an Evo for a few months however I'm going to talk to a dealer and see what all I can do with the Audi and see how much they will give me and have an evo shipped up from south coast mitsu

Well see what's going on in another month or 2 (hopefully I'll have my bike paid off and enough on the Audi so I can get rid of it an not go upside down)

Dolan,
When we gonna go riding??
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

^Riding? Wish I had time...both my kids are in football and practice monday-saturday w/ games on sunday my summer is basically over lol.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by dkstas
^Riding? Wish I had time...both my kids are in football and practice monday-saturday w/ games on sunday my summer is basically over lol.

Lol, that sucks but at least your actively involved with them,
I gonna love but hate when that happens to me lol,

Well when ever you get a free min and I'm not on cq had to have pissed someone off been on it every 2 days this week lol but when your free and want to ride around for a little bit throw a text my way man,
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.alaskamtb.blogspot.com/

For anybody interested in Mountain Biking:

The proceeds for the race are going to the Single Track Advocates which build and maintain the single track on the Hillside and Kincaid park. Its pretty fun, even if you're slow, fat and out of shape like me.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:06 AM

So here is an update,

I found a very clean TB IX MR, almost 100% stock has an aftermarket intake on it, guy is asking 24 but i got him down to 22500, all while trading my audi in for it (long story) so im gonna call the bank tomorrow and see what all i can do after they tell me what they will give me for my audi,

the wife is gonna be pissed because im just gonna ride up in it and be like "I told you I found one" this after telling all her friends i wouldnt find one lol
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by blacksunset
So here is an update,

I found a very clean TB IX MR, almost 100% stock has an aftermarket intake on it, guy is asking 24 but i got him down to 22500, all while trading my audi in for it (long story) so im gonna call the bank tomorrow and see what all i can do after they tell me what they will give me for my audi,

the wife is gonna be pissed because im just gonna ride up in it and be like "I told you I found one" this after telling all her friends i wouldnt find one lol

Good luck w/ the purchase...........

Is your couch comfy?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DNBishop
Good luck w/ the purchase...........

Is your couch comfy?

Thanks man,

And yes it is lol. I hate my bed, time for a newer one but she likes it so, that's one I won't win lol,

Quick Reply: Alaska