Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Looks like it's gonna be a good night for a meet!
indeed I probably won't be out until 10, 10:30.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:53 AM

I still dont have my car, if we can get it done tonight ill be out around then as well.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

was a pretty big turnout at brobell last night, although from what I saw only myself and ethan were repping evos. Still cool, I chatted mostly, didn't cruise, maybe next time. Tune is coming along good, just starting to put the boost back in, should totally be ready for the 27th.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there somehwere in Anchorage that you can buy 100% meth but not in 55gal drums? Does Muldoon Auto sell meth or the place on spenard? I don't like using washerfluid and yellow heet, but if it's all we got then i'll have to order some online, like boost juice or something.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

any one here have an evo 8 or 9 Maf that I can pick up. Mines might be bad.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dangerEVO
any one here have an evo 8 or 9 Maf that I can pick up. Mines might be bad.

I don't have one for sale but we can swap mine with yours and make sure that yours is actually bad if you like. PM your # and I'll hit you up.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:27 PM

UPDATE: Still dont have the car back. Got the head off and checked the head studs, one was very loose and was most likely the reason for the coolant being in the oil, also one of my oil lines was leaking on the turbo so i had to purchase the oil filter housing line kit from FP which was another $280, then ETS shipped the wrong piping, i now have 3.0" in pipes and i need 2.5" pipes....so we are trying to find couplers to make this work since all ETS pipes are made after you order so they take 3-5 weeks to be recieved. So in the end the car has been down for 6 weeks and it could be another week before she is driveable. I will have it back soon and hopefully be able to make a few more passes before the season is over.

Does anyone need Upper and Lower IC Pipes by chance? Stock Battery Route with HKS BOV?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:27 PM

Do you guys have tuners down here or does everyone e-tune?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sguanzon1987
Do you guys have tuners down here or does everyone e-tune?
Ive done both, i had a guy from Wasilla (suby tuner mainly) do my last tune and it wasnt bad for what i paid and when i upgraded stuff he would retune for free but it was a very conservative tune and didnt really bring out the full potential of the car. Im currently working with TCOMP on a remote tune and its going pretty well. A little more time consuming on the owners part but all he does is Evo's and there isnt a combo he hasnt seen before so i know im getting maximum hp out of it while keeping the block safe. Ill post the Virtual Dyno comparisons when were done. Last VD on the local tune was 439 and 365 on pump gas + 50/50
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Ive done both, i had a guy from Wasilla (suby tuner mainly) do my last tune and it wasnt bad for what i paid and when i upgraded stuff he would retune for free but it was a very conservative tune and didnt really bring out the full potential of the car. Im currently working with TCOMP on a remote tune and its going pretty well. A little more time consuming on the owners part but all he does is Evo's and there isnt a combo he hasnt seen before so i know im getting maximum hp out of it while keeping the block safe. Ill post the Virtual Dyno comparisons when were done. Last VD on the local tune was 439 and 365 on pump gas + 50/50

Nice numbers man. I want to pick up a few parts before I retune. I just haven't heard much form this state so I'm trying to get information. I have to get a DD. The evo wont make it through here very long... I had Clipse3gt off EvoXForums tune the car last. Good guy! I recommend him for an e-tune to anyone.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:27 PM

Does anyone or know anyone that is looking to pick up a full upgrade turbo kit or any other after market parts. I'm trying to get rid of some brand new stuff that I have no need for anymore. I know it's harder to get some decent/nice items locally especially in AK. Let me know if anyone's interested 9072325670.

Last edited by ryu907; Jul 26, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ryu907
Does anyone or know anyone that is looking to pick up a full upgrade turbo kit or any other after market parts. I'm trying to get rid of some brand new stuff that I have no need for anymore. I know it's harder to get some decent/nice items locally especially in AK. Let me know if anyone's interested 9072325670.
such as?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:58 AM

Is it the full HKS kit that's been for sale on craigslist for a while?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:54 AM

Sadly it is lol. Ive had a couple people asking for it, but no ones really serious. If you know anyone, let them know, I've got a few good things and everything's brand new.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:07 AM

these are the items i have

HKS GT2835 Full upgrade Turbo Kit - EVO 8/9
Product Description

HKS Full Turbo Kits offer unsurpassed performance and craftsmanship from a full turbo upgrade for the factory turbocharged.

These kits consist of new, larger HKS designed turbos, new precision crafted exhaust manifolds, HKS poppet-style external wastegates, flanged exhaust downpipes, and all associated hardware for a complete and detailed installation.

HKS Full Turbo Upgrades are designed and sized to promote phenomenal top end horsepower and a good range of response throughout the RPM band for the amount of airflow. From the HKS precision crafted exhaust manifolds and downpipes to the HKS signature turbos and wastegates, each turbo kit is crafted to provide high levels of performance, quality and reliability.

Trim: 56T
A/R: 0.73
Flange: T25
Wastegate Type: S/S Racing

Also a brand new HKS Fuel Rail Kit for for an Evo 8 or 9

Brand new HKS cams for only evo 9

stock evo 9 black hood
it beats buying from a different state and having to pay for shipping cost

Quick Reply: Alaska