Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012 | 10:41 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by ryu907
these are the items i have

HKS GT2835 Full upgrade Turbo Kit - EVO 8/9
Product Description

HKS Full Turbo Kits offer unsurpassed performance and craftsmanship from a full turbo upgrade for the factory turbocharged.

These kits consist of new, larger HKS designed turbos, new precision crafted exhaust manifolds, HKS poppet-style external wastegates, flanged exhaust downpipes, and all associated hardware for a complete and detailed installation.

HKS Full Turbo Upgrades are designed and sized to promote phenomenal top end horsepower and a good range of response throughout the RPM band for the amount of airflow. From the HKS precision crafted exhaust manifolds and downpipes to the HKS signature turbos and wastegates, each turbo kit is crafted to provide high levels of performance, quality and reliability.

Trim: 56T
A/R: 0.73
Flange: T25
Wastegate Type: S/S Racing

Also a brand new HKS Fuel Rail Kit for for an Evo 8 or 9

Brand new HKS cams for only evo 9

stock evo 9 black hood
it beats buying from a different state and having to pay for shipping cost

PM me the info on the HKS cams.
Old Jul 28, 2012 | 04:50 AM

I've pmed you with info
Old Jul 29, 2012 | 08:52 PM

Here is some up to date photos of the Evo. Should be done tomorrow afternoon, just waiting on some couplers to come in and then the piping is complete and back on the road. Ill post pics of the finished product.

FP Black Back In After Rebuild

ETS Piping came in but all the couplers are wrong.
Old Jul 30, 2012 | 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

So not to sure what happened w/akms so i'll post up my question here. So I know a few of you guys purchased your evo's out of state. Which company did you guys go with? I'm assuming if you purchase it in say california you ship it first to Seattle and it goes on a boat from there to anchorage. Thanks in advance.

Steelfire, build looking good so far. How much is Seth charging over there if you don't mind me asking.
Old Jul 30, 2012 | 05:23 PM

He typically charges me 60/hr and half the time he doesn't charge me for the little things so for the most part it's a pretty good deal. This time around I have just been waiting on parts mostly. He does good work and it's about half the price of the shops in Anchorage.

AKMS is now called MSAK www.motorsportsalaska.com

Last edited by steelfire19; Jul 30, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012 | 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
So not to sure what happened w/akms so i'll post up my question here. So I know a few of you guys purchased your evo's out of state. Which company did you guys go with? I'm assuming if you purchase it in say california you ship it first to Seattle and it goes on a boat from there to anchorage. Thanks in advance.

Steelfire, build looking good so far. How much is Seth charging over there if you don't mind me asking.
You'd be better off buying one in seattle. My car was a little less than $1200 to ship from seattle to anchorage. I used alaska auto transport.
Old Jul 30, 2012 | 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII

I bought my car from Eastlake Auto Broker and they included the shipping price in the total, but I believe it came out to $1400. I also went through Alaska Auto Transport. Took two week to get here from Seattle.
Old Jul 31, 2012 | 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys. So i was told to contact the shipper prior to purchasing a vehicle so they set up the shipping. Guess the dealer/seller just drops it to the docks and the shipper takes it from their. So where do you pick up the vehicle from? I'm also assuming when they ship they're in enclosed trailers? So has anyone had any experience w/Wrightway auto?
Old Jul 31, 2012 | 01:29 AM

Ano na Jasper?? it's been along time buddy.. What are you looking at buying now??
I'd recommend Wrightway those guys are awesome and great to deal with. The owner is a step up guy.

Alex
Old Jul 31, 2012 | 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

What's good boss? Yeah man just keeping my options open at the moment, nothing in particular. Gonna have to hit up wrightway and alaska auto. Assuming Wrightway is 2 weeks as well? Or do they have a rush type delivery?
Old Jul 31, 2012 | 08:57 PM

Just trying to make a living in the white man's world lol.. jk! But yea I see that dude that brought you're car everyday he drives past my job haha. He was feeling good one day and let her loss.. man it sounded like heaven. You shouldn't have sold that car man! SMH.

Just call down there and ask for Bill, I'm sure they have some faster way of getting up here but it's alot more pricey I'd guess.
Old Aug 1, 2012 | 09:34 PM

Here is some before/after shots. I still need to clean up all the boost hoses and get some uniform color in there and then relocate the catch can. Almost done

Before

After
Old Aug 1, 2012 | 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by GUCKISEVOX
Whats up guys.just moved up here to Anchorage from Newport News , VA with a little stop in Ft. Wainwright till i got diverted here. Anyway looking to get my X shipped up here from Va. Looking forward to seeing some others around. Anyone has any helpful tips about Alaska im all ears.. Thanks
Hey send me a message with your number. Iv got both my '03 AS 8 an my '06 GG 9 in Fairbanks. If you need help I'm more then willing too
Old Aug 1, 2012 | 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by theGOO34
Is there somehwere in Anchorage that you can buy 100% meth but not in 55gal drums? Does Muldoon Auto sell meth or the place on spenard? I don't like using washerfluid and yellow heet, but if it's all we got then i'll have to order some online, like boost juice or something.
It may be out of your way but Sourdough fuel bulk plant in Fairbanks will fill a 5gallon drum

Last edited by ROUND3; Aug 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2012 | 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Ordered an AEM UEGO and Tru-Boost and Autometer gauge pod from IIR on Tuesday. Should be waiting for me when I get back from leave.

Quick Reply: Alaska