Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012 | 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Yup, officially totaled. The appraiser said he was over $20K in damages when he decided to call it a total loss. I was hoping Rusty would have been able to swing by and swap the intercooler and turbo out so it could go to a good home, but I think he was a little busy last week.

I've got a Chevy CC 1500 for my rental, and I really like how much room it has when hauling the kids. I really hate parking a truck so I quickly ruled out a truck, don't care if that makes me sound like a woman. But, if USAA gives me around $25K for the Evo and I can talk the dealer down a few thousand, I'll end up buying an Audi Q5 for the wife and driving her Forrester Not sure how I fell for that..... Since we are in the middle of buying a house I need to keep whatever new loan I get around the same monthly payment as the IX, so if USAA ends up low balling me then I'll end up with a X.
enjoy your new x...... insurance, its like getting f'd by a midget, not as bad but your still getting f'd. Sue for more if you weren't at fault and get rid of your payment.

Last edited by akeric; Oct 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012 | 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

X MR would be a sweet ride.
Old Oct 22, 2012 | 08:10 PM

If any of you are interested. I ordered some of the somewhat old school registered EvoM stickers (pictures below) I'll have a few extra. If you're interested let me know, price is $8 per each sticker. Helps make up for the insane shipping (nearly $30) -> via UPS I had to pay. Again will only have 2-3 extras, so let me know quickly.

Old Oct 22, 2012 | 10:01 PM

Someone buy my Evo X wheels so I can fund my built motor/clints wheels account.
Old Oct 22, 2012 | 10:38 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by 907dsm
Someone buy my Evo X wheels so I can fund my built motor/clints wheels account.
How much are you wanting for them and are they the GSR or MR wheels?
Old Oct 23, 2012 | 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
How much are you wanting for them and are they the GSR or MR wheels?
I thought you were selling you're car anyways? haha but they are GSR wheels.

Here is a pic of the car

Old Oct 23, 2012 | 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 907dsm
I thought you were selling you're car anyways? haha but they are GSR wheels.

Here is a pic of the car

how much?
Old Oct 23, 2012 | 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Yup, officially totaled. The appraiser said he was over $20K in damages when he decided to call it a total loss. I was hoping Rusty would have been able to swing by and swap the intercooler and turbo out so it could go to a good home, but I think he was a little busy last week.

I've got a Chevy CC 1500 for my rental, and I really like how much room it has when hauling the kids. I really hate parking a truck so I quickly ruled out a truck, don't care if that makes me sound like a woman. But, if USAA gives me around $25K for the Evo and I can talk the dealer down a few thousand, I'll end up buying an Audi Q5 for the wife and driving her Forrester Not sure how I fell for that..... Since we are in the middle of buying a house I need to keep whatever new loan I get around the same monthly payment as the IX, so if USAA ends up low balling me then I'll end up with a X.
Damn sucks to hear. You'll eventually get used to a truck haha. Don't remember but do the chevy's have the back up camera's? Know my tundra has one. Almost sold it a few months back to grab a Raptor but couldn't take the 10mpg for the Raptor haha.

X mr's are nice but have they made any progress for the getrag tranny upgrades? I talked w/shep a few months back bout upgrades and was told the clutch packs were the only option at this point. Know there's a sticky about mr tranny failures. Guess once you reach certain torque limits you're stuck. Stick w/a gsr in my opinion. As far as the audi goes, try and convince you're wife you need a rs5, baddass car.

I hit up a friend of mine,he knows John Shwartz the owner of Perfectionist so i'll go and see if i can get a killer deal through him but i'll keep Kreative in mind, thanks Alex.
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 04:53 AM

Lowered price shipped. Hallman Evolution RX Kit Blue (Specific for Evo 8-9).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-8-9-Hall...d5fd19&vxp=mtr

PM if interested or buy it from ebay.
Old Oct 25, 2012 | 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by danelefren
Lowered price shipped. Hallman Evolution RX Kit Blue (Specific for Evo 8-9).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-8-9-Hallman-Evolution-RX-Kit-BLUE-/200803745049?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item2ec0d5fd19&vxp=mtr

PM if interested or buy it from ebay.
I just bought one of those without the cockpit controls from Amazon. Got it in the mail yesterday.
Old Oct 26, 2012 | 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
I just bought one of those without the cockpit controls from Amazon. Got it in the mail yesterday.
Yeah I've heard a lot of good things, but I went with the Grimspeed EBCS route (without even installing the Hallman). Still trying to figure out how to control the overboost (rookie self tuner) until I get a chance/enough time, which I don't pretty much have now, to take it to somebody that can really work on it (sucks to live in Fort Greely/Delta Junction area).

Can anybody help me out on that in the meantime? I'm overboosting even with low WGDC. I have the Grimspeed EBCS, 4 bar MAP Sensor, STM intake with MAF, full 3" turboback with straight pipe, Muse LIC & UICP and ETS 3.5" intercooler. It was fine during the summer, but when it started to get cold, car started to overboost, especially on 4th & 5th gears, and sometimes in 3rd. I've read the Merlin's Guide to Ecuflash and the following posts:

http://sevo.motionforum.net/t15-guid...-with-ecuflash

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...t-control.html

On the mrfred thread, I did everything he mentioned as aaplied to my rom (88590015), and to Evoscan. I will post a log as soon as I can, since I was having issues with Evoscan.
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things, but I went with the Grimspeed EBCS route (without even installing the Hallman). Still trying to figure out how to control the overboost (rookie self tuner) until I get a chance/enough time, which I don't pretty much have now, to take it to somebody that can really work on it (sucks to live in Fort Greely/Delta Junction area).

Can anybody help me out on that in the meantime? I'm overboosting even with low WGDC. I have the Grimspeed EBCS, 4 bar MAP Sensor, STM intake with MAF, full 3" turboback with straight pipe, Muse LIC & UICP and ETS 3.5" intercooler. It was fine during the summer, but when it started to get cold, car started to overboost, especially on 4th & 5th gears, and sometimes in 3rd. I've read the Merlin's Guide to Ecuflash and the following posts:

On the mrfred thread, I did everything he mentioned as aaplied to my rom (88590015), and to Evoscan. I will post a log as soon as I can, since I was having issues with Evoscan.
I always heard that problem with EBCS, that's why I went MBC. I thought someone said you could run both EBCS and MBC in-line somehow, to correct the overboost, but that kinda is senseless in my opinion....
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

With the grimspeed you really need to zero your WGDC tables in ECUFLASH and then first make sure you are hitting your spring pressure (depending on what turbo you have etc) and then slowly ramp the WGDC up until your hitting your targets and not overboosting. Also make sure your compensation tables are zero'd as well. Its not hard although a little more complex than a MBC.

If you want me to take a look at your maps PM it to me or e-mail me at akeric@@@gmail.com.

Word
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by akeric
With the grimspeed you really need to zero your WGDC tables in ECUFLASH and then first make sure you are hitting your spring pressure (depending on what turbo you have etc) and then slowly ramp the WGDC up until your hitting your targets and not overboosting. Also make sure your compensation tables are zero'd as well. Its not hard although a little more complex than a MBC.

If you want me to take a look at your maps PM it to me or e-mail me at akeric@@@gmail.com.

Word

I'll pm you as soon as I can resolve my evoscan issue. Maybe you can help with that as well. Never had an issue until now.
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'll pm you as soon as I can resolve my evoscan issue. Maybe you can help with that as well. Never had an issue until now.
email or pm me your phone number and we can talk it out. Whats wrong won't flash? Check you battery, evos are notorious for not wanting to flash if the battery is just a little weak.

Quick Reply: Alaska