Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012 | 11:15 PM

Toxic Fab is kick ***, totally agree. I did a lot of research before i bought the gsc s2's. Any forum you read about them (that has dyno graphs) its just hand over fist better with the s2's. Once i got retuned the idle lope was fun to hear, the only downside is sometimes i get that mystery idle drop when im cruising along fast and then push the clutch in, but other then that driveability is no different. Got any plans for an upgraded clutch? Akeric and I have then Exedy Twin, i love it and i havent heard any complaints from him.....a little noisey in 1st however. Been contemplating on selling mine but just cant bring myself to really do it, almost paid off and already close to 500hp. Might as well keep in let alex help me build the block and then go out and beat on ppl with it.
Old Oct 29, 2012 | 11:44 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Toxic Fab is kick ***, totally agree. I did a lot of research before i bought the gsc s2's. Any forum you read about them (that has dyno graphs) its just hand over fist better with the s2's. Once i got retuned the idle lope was fun to hear, the only downside is sometimes i get that mystery idle drop when im cruising along fast and then push the clutch in, but other then that driveability is no different. Got any plans for an upgraded clutch? Akeric and I have then Exedy Twin, i love it and i havent heard any complaints from him.....a little noisey in 1st however. Been contemplating on selling mine but just cant bring myself to really do it, almost paid off and already close to 500hp. Might as well keep in let alex help me build the block and then go out and beat on ppl with it.
My plans right now for the build are the Buschur 2.4LR and Stage 3 head, but I'm saving that for my next duty station when I'll have time to build it all right. My most expensive part will be my drivetrain. I wanna do the Exedy Twin setup with a new TRE Stage 3 trans and center diff. At the end, I'd like to put down 550ish safely. I have a feeling the mod bug is gonna bite when I hit that goal, and want more, lol.
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

I'm only going to say this once, then I will shut up. $ for $ the evo will out perform almost any other car. As much power as you want to pay for, loads of traction, easy hp per $, awesome handling. If they made a better performance car I would own it. You can build an evo to do almost anything exceptionally well.

That said, keep the thing, it's badass. I want to see a ten out of that car.
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 01:39 AM

Old Oct 30, 2012 | 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ma233e
spam fail
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 04:04 AM

I wanna do a 10 on stock block and drag radials. That's my ultimate goal, I figured I port the intake mani and get a bigger tb and retune I bet I could get close. Guys r going 10.5 @132+ on stock block black setups all day (on e85). Should b a fun summer reguardless!
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

I wanna do a 10 on stock block and drag radials. That's my ultimate goal, I figured I port the intake mani and get a bigger tb and retune I bet I could get close. Guys r going 10.5 @132+ on stock block black setups all day (on e85). Should b a fun summer reguardless!
Well STM did 9.47 on their RS on stock bottom end so it should be fairly easy goal to break into the 10's. I wish we had E85 up here. That'd be lovely!
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Well STM did 9.47 on their RS on stock bottom end so it should be fairly easy goal to break into the 10's. I wish we had E85 up here. That'd be lovely!
you can get it by the 50 gal drum and ship it up, it actually isnt that expensive, cheaper than race gas at least.
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Saw that car in action this past June along with the STM Ricer and numerous Buschur cars, the one advantage they have is there own shop not to mention most run the RS which is way lighter to begin with. I am just afraid to launch the **** outta mine and have yet to really start stripping it down to loose weight. Im hoping this summer should bring some good times down the 1320. im to cheap to buy new wheels and drag radials and our track is very touchy about 11.5 and faster times and i dont really want a cage. I think after i make a solid pass ill prolly sell the Black and go to something a little smaller for faster spool. I just dont utilize the black like i could, once it hits serious power im at 7k rpm and run outta room.
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'm thinking of going double pumper or fuel cell status, haven't decided yet. That way I can do AN lines all the way back. And is anyone any good with flex hose? I wanna do my brake lines with flex hose and banjo bolts to tuck it more, but am clueless on where to start.
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 07:10 PM

You guys are funny....
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 07:12 PM

Let's do it!! I've been reading a ton information of doing a good motor, I'm thinking of low compression for lots of boost!
Old Oct 30, 2012 | 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 907dsm
Let's do it!! I've been reading a ton information of doing a good motor, I'm thinking of low compression for lots of boost!
I am ready for a change in the evo. A built 2.3 would be sick. I just really dont wanna go with a 2.4 block any longer. After all the accy from MAP it's just a little steep for me. I need an engine hoist and stand.
Old Oct 31, 2012 | 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Man sounds like you guys got some promising builds coming up. Exedy twins are decent clutches. Any of you ever do the push conversion ams offers? Was on my list of things to do back then.

To Alex check your pm had a quick question for ya
Old Oct 31, 2012 | 10:58 PM

Hey guys. I'm moving up to Fairbanks mid December from MN and looking for a little advice and things I should do to my X before I start the journey. Also looking for any advice on the drive if anyone else has done it. I know there's a ferry from Seattle but I'm unsure if it's worth going that route. SSP undertray, rallyarmor mudflaps, and a yakima rack is already in the plans.

=Jason-

Quick Reply: Alaska