Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012 | 08:26 PM

We try this every few months. So far its worked once. Hopefully you have better success.
Old Dec 29, 2012 | 12:15 AM

Yeah that does sound fun. But it should be during the weekend during the day. I work everyday weekday.
Old Dec 29, 2012 | 08:49 PM

We'll figure something out. Will be hard with everyone's schedules tho.
Old Dec 29, 2012 | 10:00 PM

I can usually make daytime meets but anything in the evening or later doesn't work out for me. I'm on a 6 day schedule, 10-14 hour shifts and I work graves.
Old Dec 30, 2012 | 02:41 PM

Jasper why even have such power if you don't use it?? LOL
Old Dec 30, 2012 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 907dsm
Jasper why even have such power if you don't use it?? LOL
Short answer, because I CAN. haha. In all seriousness, I had the opportunity to upgrade the parts for a killer deal since they have a promo deal at the moment. Besides, when you have one of the top shops in the world, Switzer Performance Innovation to do the installs and tune, no way I could pass that up. There's a reason why they have their Customer 1 program, they personally take care of you. Everything was done and put back in about a week. They only work on specific vehicle platforms, another reason I went that route, they know their ****.

But if time permits, I will run the track, get kicked off, and call it a day all on pump 90 or a mix of torco. Besides, it'll be my dyno queen since we're finally getting a mustang dyno, haha
Old Dec 31, 2012 | 02:14 AM

Alright guys, I have a question for you about AC. But before I ask I'll let you know a little about my few months of owning the car so you know where I'm coming from.

So, I bought the car in September 2012, only owned it a couple months now. The guy I got it from didn't know anything about the car and therefore I don't know any mods that maybe done to it (internally). I've really been itching at a reason to pull it apart and rebuild it the way I want and recently I ran into enough problems that gave me this reason. I'm in the tear down process and looking into parts I'm wanting for it and came across the AC delete belt, sadly this is the biggest thing I'm hung up on right now, wether or not I want to keep it.

Sooooooo my question is for those of you who have taken out the AC, did you end up pulling it out and tossing it and wishing you had kept it? Does it really effect hp enough to consider scraping it?

I guess I'm just really stuck between the luxury of having it for the very few days that I would use it up here in AK over removing it and freeing up space, weight, and the very very little hp gain if any at all.
Old Dec 31, 2012 | 06:35 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by bsphillips
Alright guys, I have a question for you about AC. But before I ask I'll let you know a little about my few months of owning the car so you know where I'm coming from.

So, I bought the car in September 2012, only owned it a couple months now. The guy I got it from didn't know anything about the car and therefore I don't know any mods that maybe done to it (internally). I've really been itching at a reason to pull it apart and rebuild it the way I want and recently I ran into enough problems that gave me this reason. I'm in the tear down process and looking into parts I'm wanting for it and came across the AC delete belt, sadly this is the biggest thing I'm hung up on right now, wether or not I want to keep it.

Sooooooo my question is for those of you who have taken out the AC, did you end up pulling it out and tossing it and wishing you had kept it? Does it really effect hp enough to consider scraping it?

I guess I'm just really stuck between the luxury of having it for the very few days that I would use it up here in AK over removing it and freeing up space, weight, and the very very little hp gain if any at all.
I have mine out right now. As far as hp and weight savings, you're not gonna notice it. I believe it was posted that everything (compressor, lines, and condensor) weigh just over 30 pounds. I rarely use my AC. Even when I lived in the south, I would just roll the windows down. So I guess it's just how you react to heat.
Old Dec 31, 2012 | 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
I have mine out right now. As far as hp and weight savings, you're not gonna notice it. I believe it was posted that everything (compressor, lines, and condensor) weigh just over 30 pounds. I rarely use my AC. Even when I lived in the south, I would just roll the windows down. So I guess it's just how you react to heat.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm the same way, I rarely use it but its just nice to have at times. I think I'm going to pull it along with the entire EGR system and charcoal canister.
Old Dec 31, 2012 | 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Anyone get anything for their cars for xmas? Quick snapshot of things i got around early December

Everything buttoned up in about less than a week, super stoked to get this bad boy up here. Base tune goes in after 1st of January.
Nice, you went with the P700 switzer is top notch!

Last edited by EvOcHaRgeR; Dec 31, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2013 | 09:34 PM

Josh where did you end up buying that evo from? Out of state? Glad you got another, that way I have someone to go to the track with this summer.
Old Jan 1, 2013 | 09:55 PM

Yep bought one in seattle. Still waiting on arrival. Im gonna do basic mods and try to get into mid 12s. That would make it one fun dd. Now we got the go pro we can get some bad *** footage.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bsphillips

I did the ac delete. don't regret it one bit. 30lbs might not seem like much but add little to little and you'll have a whole lot. This is alaska, and anchorage tends to top out at 80 on a good year and thats only for a few days in july perhaps. Just roll the windows down.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Short answer, because I CAN. haha. In all seriousness, I had the opportunity to upgrade the parts for a killer deal since they have a promo deal at the moment. Besides, when you have one of the top shops in the world, Switzer Performance Innovation to do the installs and tune, no way I could pass that up. There's a reason why they have their Customer 1 program, they personally take care of you. Everything was done and put back in about a week. They only work on specific vehicle platforms, another reason I went that route, they know their ****.

But if time permits, I will run the track, get kicked off, and call it a day all on pump 90 or a mix of torco. Besides, it'll be my dyno queen since we're finally getting a mustang dyno, haha
How did I know youre going to say that anyways I guess I can't really say that because you did take the Evo to the track that one time before you blew it up . But yea I'd have to agree with you passing up on such a good deal would be a dumb move. 2013 should be a fun year, hopefully we'll see out
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 07:59 PM

Nice josh. Did you have someone from WA take a look at it, or is it a member on here that you have trust in?

Quick Reply: Alaska