Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013 | 08:29 PM

Yea had my friend Luke go look at it and drive it. I shipped my paperwork on the 22nd and they still havent recieved it. I think fedex lost it so who knows when it will actually get shipped. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 09:23 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Well blew all my part money yesterday, lol. Ordered:

Stm lower intercooler pipe w/ Tial bov flange
Stm upper intercooler pipe w/ AIt bung for SD
Tial Q 50mm bov
ETS 3' wide tank fmic
STM ABS delete
STM Oil cooler delete
OEM IX spark plug cover

Gonna buy Zach's 8 intake manifold and send it to Collin at ToxicFab to be ported for a 70mm TB.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 10:18 PM

Zach got the new throttle body and manifold on, so he should have my old car near 500whp already. Cant wait to see that back in action.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Zach got the new throttle body and manifold on, so he should have my old car near 500whp already. Cant wait to see that back in action.
He's going Sunday to have it retuned.
Old Jan 2, 2013 | 11:17 PM

Yea I told him next he needs motor mounts and better exhaust manifold for faster spool, car should be tough to beat.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Well blew all my part money yesterday, lol. Ordered:

Stm lower intercooler pipe w/ Tial bov flange
Stm upper intercooler pipe w/ AIt bung for SD
Tial Q 50mm bov
ETS 3' wide tank fmic
STM ABS delete
STM Oil cooler delete
OEM IX spark plug cover

Gonna buy Zach's 8 intake manifold and send it to Collin at ToxicFab to be ported for a 70mm TB.
You're selling your car/parts to order new parts?

I'm confused
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TS Dork
You're selling your car/parts to order new parts?

I'm confused
Well knowing the people in this town and the stories Josh went through on selling his car, it won't sell before I leave. I sold my S2 intake manifold, FB throttle body, and AEM rail to Zach because I wanted to do a ported stock manifold to make it more OEM look in the engine bay.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_AK
Well knowing the people in this town and the stories Josh went through on selling his car, it won't sell before I leave. I sold my S2 intake manifold, FB throttle body, and AEM rail to Zach because I wanted to do a ported stock manifold to make it more OEM look in the engine bay.
When are you leaving?

I have a friend interested in it but he needs to go fishing first.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TS Dork
When are you leaving?

I have a friend interested in it but he needs to go fishing first.
I leave around the 19th and really can't budge on the price since I have it set for what I owe on it.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I told him next he needs motor mounts and better exhaust manifold for faster spool, car should be tough to beat.
Talking to him now about doing a 12 friction plate rear diff upgrade. The plan would be:

50/50 on a core
Send it in for the upgrade from either Shep or TRE
Install it on one of our cars
The other gets the old one for a core
Send it in for the same upgrade
Install it on the second car
Sell the old one and split it 50/50 to recoupe the original core cost

And thus hopefully results in no/minimal downtime!
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 10:29 AM

I guess it depends on what hes gonna do with the car. If its just a drag car then not worth the $$ for the upgraded diff. Now if he wants to auto cross it then it will help the under steer quite a bit. But if thats the case he needs to ditch my old turbo setup bc the Black takes to long to spool for that type of driving. Would benefit more from smaller turbo.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

I guess it depends on what hes gonna do with the car. If its just a drag car then not worth the $$ for the upgraded diff. Now if he wants to auto cross it then it will help the under steer quite a bit. But if thats the case he needs to ditch my old turbo setup bc the Black takes to long to spool for that type of driving. Would benefit more from smaller turbo.
Wouldn't an upgrade from the factory 4 friction services to 12 make traction better for drag and road racing? Also, it includes shot peening, new shims and bearings, and an upgraded rear cover to keep the front pinion bearing lubricated.
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 11:17 AM

$ 1k to "upgrade" something thats not considered a weak point in the evo? And if your only going to the track once or twice a year to put down a time (which is prolly the case unless he puts a cage in the car soon) Save that 1k and get a toxicfab mani that gives you better spool on larger turbos. Now if the diff goes bad then I can see upgrading it but with the tranny tcase and diff I wouldnt upgrade unless they break. But thats just me, im not saying you guys are doing anything wrong, a lot of ppl upgrade the diff I just dont see the benefit for the $$
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

$ 1k to "upgrade" something thats not considered a weak point in the evo? And if your only going to the track once or twice a year to put down a time (which is prolly the case unless he puts a cage in the car soon) Save that 1k and get a toxicfab mani that gives you better spool on larger turbos. Now if the diff goes bad then I can see upgrading it but with the tranny tcase and diff I wouldnt upgrade unless they break. But thats just me, im not saying you guys are doing anything wrong, a lot of ppl upgrade the diff I just dont see the benefit for the $$
Technically, the upgrade from Shep is only $350. He would have to pay half the core up front which would be recouped when we sell the last diff. As for me, I'm going with the TRE rear diff upgrade. It'll benefit me after I do my 2.4LR build, and just give me a piece of mind instead of having it grenade on me while racing
Old Jan 3, 2013 | 11:38 AM

$350 isnt a bad price, i had quotes from tre when I was looking at tranny replacement for diff gears and the diff at that time was just under 1k shipped here. So for $350 thats not a bad mod. The 2.4 build should be fun, they make crazy power with ease.

Quick Reply: Alaska