Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Congrats on the purchase. Assuming you picked it up already. As far as the 8 and 9 comparison, only plus is price in my opinion. It'll run whatever you want depending on how deep your pockets are.

I know a couple of cars off the top of my head that'll give your old fp black car a run for your money, lol. 240 w/a 2jz, same guy that now owns my built evo, supra, built rx7, couple of gtrs, etc.

Hey mike, how bad in shape was the evo? Planning on running stock frame turbo or going all out?

Yea fully built cars could prolly spank it, the cool part was the block has never been out of the car and the heads never been off. But I have seen some very sick setups that I hope come to some events. Surprisingly we have a lot of cars hiding around here. We def should do a meet soon so I can put names to faces.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:01 PM

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/3523976376.html

Wanna do a build....start here. If I had a garage I would do it. Good Luck With Sale.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steelfire19
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/3523976376.html

Wanna do a build....start here. If I had a garage I would do it. Good Luck With Sale.
I wish he would part the car out. Could really use his drivetrain as a core for my build.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At first I was bought a 9 turbo then I found a good deal on a bbk full ported. Still deciding on cams and ems.

That's my Wrecked Evo on Craigslist.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:57 AM

GSC S2 cams anf beehive springs. They really open up above 4k amd give you a great lope when idle. Or the kelford 272, hear a lot of good things about those cams.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say Kelfords would be the best if you're upgrading the turbo. I went through 2 sets of cams on my 8, had the hks 280's w/the green, then bumped to the buschur cams for the precision turbo, both had a nice lopey idle to them. My buddy has the cossie m3's i believe on his 9. Still trying to convince him to do a fp black upgrade.

Crazy looking at prices for car parts at the moment. Jesus, a fp turbo is now 2500. I remember when i payed only 1400 for my Fp green w/the porting option.

Whatever happened to evans 9?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:53 PM

FP changed the turbos a little, now they are ball bearing instaed of journal bearing, so the prices went up. The new BB Black is the way to go, spools like the old red but way more top end power. For stock blocks it was great bc the tq didnt come in till higher in the power band, so as long as I was outta boost I still got 25mpg.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 01:04 PM

I am really liking the results of the Cosworth cams.

I bought Evans Evo after it was tboned. I had plans to buy a rolling shell from lower 48 but other things are priority ATM
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Is the difference from to bb really that much in difference in price though? I remember before they even swapped to the bb, they were costing close to 2k.

Mike, thought you bought the silver 8 w/cf fenders?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:01 PM

My JB was 2k and new BB is 2500 so it was a $500 diff but I think the new ones came with the kit of gaskets and oil lines which I had to buy seperate for $250.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:00 AM

Blacked out the front of the MR yesterday.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mike.troyer79
Blacked out the front of the MR yesterday.
Got any pics? I wanna check it out.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Is the difference from to bb really that much in difference in price though? I remember before they even swapped to the bb, they were costing close to 2k.

Mike, thought you bought the silver 8 w/cf fenders?
Yes I bought that one about 8 months ago. I just recently bought evans evo with intentions of rebuilding it but I have other projects that have more priority.

My evo would have been done a long time ago but I just keep working on other projects and keeping up with customers vehicles. Should be done once I get cams, ems and still might do rods and pistons.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Hello folks! We are starting a raffle for the AASCLC club car.

This is a great way to get into wheel to wheel racing with a car that is already prepared to our club's rules!!!

Tickets are $20 each, ticket drawing will be April 5th. PM me if you would like to make a ticket purchase.

Cash is preferred payment method, checks will be taken but should be made out to Mt View Lions Club (they are assisting by allowing us to use their gaming license for the raffle).

If you'd like more details about the raffle, you can email raffle@aksportscarclub.org

We will be donating a portion of proceeds to Wounded Warrior Ascents (www.woundedwarriorascents.org)

1st Prize: Club Car
2nd Prize: $500 cash
3rd Prize: $250 cash

About The Car
1992 Acura Integra
1.8L engine built by Underground Performance
aftermarket header, exhaust
Autopower roll cage, belts and window nets
OMP racing seats, megan coilover suspension
multiple sets of wheels and tires

This car is built to the IT class specifications of the Anchorage Alaska Sports Car Club's competition rules. It is legal for wheel to whee IT racing, autocross, studded ice racing and rally events.

This car has a clear title, but is not registered for use on public roads. It is being raffled off as a racing-only vehicle.

View photos of the car when the club go it, the work put into it, and of it in action.

View More Photos: http://sdrv.ms/WMi8bO

Last edited by wrcRS; Jan 9, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by steelfire19
Got any pics? I wanna check it out.
Yeah, I just have to figure out how to post them

Quick Reply: Alaska